Page 115 of 513 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    The professor is legally required to be there. He said today that of the three classes he taught, we were his biggest. His prior classes had one or no students show up.

Yeah maybe one day. We'll seeeee.

Yeah It's because the break starts tomorrow.
    Unless something drastic happened, I ALWAYS showed up for class. I always felt like the one day I missed class, something direly important would happen or be covered and I'd be screwed.

I guess every college is different, but yeah, classes were hard enough even if you attended every class and took intricate notes. What really nailed me were the exams that had questions or stuff that wasn't covered in class and wasn't in any study guide. That was beyond evil when they did that.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Beautifly View Post
    Unless something drastic happened, I ALWAYS showed up for class. I always felt like the one day I missed class, something direly important would happen or be covered and I'd be screwed.

I guess every college is different, but yeah, classes were hard enough even if you attended every class and took intricate notes. What really nailed me were the exams that had questions or stuff that wasn't covered in class and wasn't in any study guide. That was beyond evil when they did that.
    Most of my professors like automatically take points off your final grade if you miss class so I generally don't miss class. Also I have overbearing parents that track my phone to make sure I'm in class when I'm supposed to be.

The most annoying part is not only that not covered material thing, but also when you miss class and it's an excused absence, but professors still count off. I had a professor take off my final grade because I went to my grandma's funeral.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Yeah my instructor for the First Aid and CPR back in 2012 had attendance in her final grades. It so happens that was during the time my lung collapsed for the first time and I had to atay in the hospital a few days. I gave her an excuse, but she still took off 25 points. At least until I explained it again and she fixed the grade back up.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Most of my professors like automatically take points off your final grade if you miss class so I generally don't miss class. Also I have overbearing parents that track my phone to make sure I'm in class when I'm supposed to be.

The most annoying part is not only that not covered material thing, but also when you miss class and it's an excused absence, but professors still count off. I had a professor take off my final grade because I went to my grandma's funeral.
    Your parents need a real hobby. I wouldn't consider stalking and overbearing paternalism a real hobby. :P Either that or they need a pet. One that requires a lot of attention. Several pets would actually be great. Get them several dogs for Christmas! XD

Did you explain the situation to your professor? If they still took off points for that even though you went to your grandma's funeral, I'd go to the dean with that one. Most offices will understand a day taken off for grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah my instructor for the First Aid and CPR back in 2012 had attendance in her final grades. It so happens that was during the time my lung collapsed for the first time and I had to atay in the hospital a few days. I gave her an excuse, but she still took off 25 points. At least until I explained it again and she fixed the grade back up.
    Well, at least she fixed it. Doesn't make sense that when the professor has hospitalization or deaths in the family, it's okay for them not to be there, but if that happens to the student, "oh well, too bad?" That's not right.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I've missed class twice ever. Some professors here have participation grades, so you have to be careful. But for the most part they're reasonable.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    ARGH! It's still not keeping my logged in. I log in, write up a post, and it just get this instead:

Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

I refresh the page, and what do you know? It's logged my out. Less than 20 second after I logged in, and without even leaving the freaking page!!! D:<

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Beautifly View Post
    Your parents need a real hobby. I wouldn't consider stalking and overbearing paternalism a real hobby. :P Either that or they need a pet. One that requires a lot of attention. Several pets would actually be great. Get them several dogs for Christmas! XD

Did you explain the situation to your professor? If they still took off points for that even though you went to your grandma's funeral, I'd go to the dean with that one. Most offices will understand a day taken off for grievances..
    I can’t. Our previous dog just died and they don’t want another one. I keep saying let’s get a new one but my dad has said if I come home with one it’s going back to the shelter immediately.

Yes, I did. He didn’t care. And there’s no dean of his department. Plus when this happened last year, we didn’t have a bereavement policy in place which meant we couldn’t take a day for greaving. That just got implemented this year. Trust me there’s nothing I can do now. I’ve had too many incidents that the school doesn’t care about to complain anymore.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

I can’t. Our previous dog just died and they don’t want another one. I keep saying let’s get a new one but my dad has said if I come home with one it’s going back to the shelter immediately.

Yes, I did. He didn’t care. And there’s no dean of his department. Plus when this happened last year, we didn’t have a bereavement policy in place which meant we couldn’t take a day for greaving. That just got implemented this year. Trust me there’s nothing I can do now. I’ve had too many incidents that the school doesn’t care about to complain anymore.
    Ah, I was just being silly and kidding about the dogs. :P And wow, sheesh. Your parents seem like the type that don't even want to celebrate Christmas. Do they even put up decorations or do they just sulk and brood in the shadows of one of the corners of the living room grumbling about how distracting rainbows and happiness are?

As for that professor, wow, no dean either. Huh, no wonder he screws around with that stuff. Well, as you said, can't really do anything about it now, but I'd say remember the good professors you had and forget this creep ever existed. You're already way better than that and don't need him. I've had many crappy professors and most of the crap they taught was never applied. But the ones that were good and pointed me in the right direction, those are the ones that I get inspired from and apply what they taught me.

Administrator

We haven’t really decorate the outside of our house in years. Best we’ve done is stuck a wreath on the door and some light up trees in the yard. Maybe with the new house we can find some better decorations....we’d just need a bigger ladder xD.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Nothing like working on Black Friday for some extra $$$.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links