Cordelia (7/7)
    [Starly, Female]
    Terry (7/7)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Karl (10/10)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    [2 of 10 posts to hatch]
    Items: 3 Pokeballs

Amy noticed everyone somewhat milling around and decided to sit down to take a few minutes to write in the journal she had been given. As she started to write, she decided it was best to write as if it was a letter to Theresa. Perhaps that way if she was able to return home, then Theresa could read all about her adventures. And if not, perhaps at least the journal could be sent to her somehow. She scanned over the group, collecting her thoughts about each individual in the party. They were an interesting bunch, she gathered that much. As her entry drew to a close, she decided it was time to socialize a bit more. She couldn't tell Theresa anything more about Kinnie and Renny if she never spoke to them.

@Suicune's Fire
    Standing up and brushing off the grass on her legs, Amy walked over to Kinnie. "So you got an egg too huh?" she asked, showing off her own egg. "Wonder what they'll hatch into. Mine's pretty warm so I'm thinking it's a fire type but it's hard to tell sometimes you know? Eggs are mysterious like that." Amy paused awkwardly for a couple seconds before adding, "My name's Amy by the way. We never really got properly introduced but if we're going to be traveling together ya know figured I'd better get to know everyone. So... what's your name? Where are you from?"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (5/5)];[Ifrit- Chimchar, Female (5/5)];[Eunomos- Kricketot, Male (0/6)];[Vedfolnir- Starly, Male (0/5)]
    Items: 3 pokeballs

Ifrit jumped up Tony’s back and onto his shoulders to play with Cornelius. Tony just laughed it off. “No worries. I mean, they’re still fairly young, and I don’t expect any pokemon to really enjoy not playing around, and that goes double for fire-types. In fact, I think the only reason Zuko’s staying so still is because he was born next to a volcano and I’m the warmest thing around, aside from himself.” The torchic chirped and nodded its head in agreement.

As Tony spoke to Renny, ignoring the monkeys on his shoulders, Ifrit poked Conelius then ran to Tony’s other shoulder before making a face, trying to initiate a game similar to tag.

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (5/5) Kid (5/5)
    Egg:
    Spinarak Egg (2 of 22 posts to hatch)
    Items: Pokeballs (5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

With the contest over Matthias started to think about food.

With all these trainers, someone must have some food that he could ... requisition! He spotted a large picnic basket sitting by a tree and moved towards it. This would be a good meal.

"Matthias, there you are. I wanted to congratulate you on your victory." Matthias jumped as Picnicker Katie walked up to him. "Please won't you join me for a meal. I would love to meet your Pokemon."

Matthias agreed and was directed to a picnic rug and sat down to a a lovely meal. Picnicker Katie was a lovely host and made sure that both Instinct and Kid ate a hearty lunch.

Part way through the meal, Instinct secretly picked up a silver fork and looked at Matthias, pointing at his backpack. Matthias looked at Katie and then back at Instinct. He shook his head. You don't steal from people who are being nice to you. He would have to teach Instinct to pick her targets better.

Instinct used the fork to eat a cherry cake that Katie provided and then handed it back, with a questioning look at Matthias.

They discussed Steel, water and fire type Pokemon and their relative strengths and weaknesses over a MooMoo Milkshake.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (16/16)

Partner:

Egg: Krabby (2/36)

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 202
    Time: 12:30pm
    Day: 2
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias

As we continued along I noticed the others socializing amongst one another. Renny chatting with Tony, Amy introducing herself to Kinnie. I however kept to myself mostly. I guess part of me wasn't sure how I draw the line between being friend and leader. Whilst with Amy it was not too difficult, as there seemed to be a mutual respect, others like Matthias, I wasn't sure where I stood, and by being too friendly, I risked being walked over.

As we continued to Jubilife City, our journey wasn't uneventful.
    @AWA1997
    A wild Bidoof Appears!

**** @Brettles
    A wild Starly Appears!

**** @Desolate Divine
    A wild Shinx Appears!

**** @Noblejanobii
    A wild Bidoof Appears!

**** @Rival Max
    A wild Starly Appears!

**** @Shruikan
    A shiny wild Bidoof Appears!

**** @Suicune's Fire
    A wild Bidoof Appears!

@Everyone

With new rules in place, all of these Pokemon can be purchased half price (rounded up) by battling the Pokemon first!

When the wild Pokemon appeared, I jumped on it. Whilst Shinx weren't native to Johto, I knew that they eventually evolved into Luxray, one of the most powerful, non-legendary Electric type Pokemon. I was quickly pulled from my thoughts, deciding to battle the Pokemon to weaken it before catching it.

Opponent's Pokemon: Shinx
    Attacking Pokemon: Quilava
    Opponent's Points: 8
    Attacker's Points: 14
    Bonuses: -3 (Evolution Bonus over Shinx)
    Opponent's Points: 0
    Attacker's Points: 9

Pokémon using: Quilava
    Pokémon trying to catch: Shinx
    Point Requirement: 4
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Pokeball
    Item Effects: None
    Points On Hand: 26
    Points After: 22
    Stats: In Sig
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Eggs:

Grubbin Egg (1/10 posts to hatch)
    Pokémon: (1/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 5/5
    | Vilne♂ | 8/8
    Items: x3
    Total Posts: 20

Kinnie was busy with her thoughts when she heard a voice interrupt.

"That match was awesome," he began, drawing her eyes. It was the camera boy. "I've never seen anything like that. I got some great footage of your battle for my documentary." He flashed a smile but didn't wait for a response before leaving her vicinity again.

"Thanks," she murmured, frowning a little. Was it truly that impressive? She had limited experience battling with her medicham, and wasn't particularly aware of her level of expertise.

After a little bit of time, another person in the group approached Kinnie and began talking to her. It was odd and unprompted, and for the first sentence or two, she just stared at the girl who had approached her--Amy. She remembered her response to Blondie's threatening situation and reminded herself to be wary.

When Kinnie didn't reply, Amy paused a moment, then tried another approach. "My name's Amy by the way. We never really got properly introduced but if we're going to be traveling together ya know figured I'd better get to know everyone. So... what's your name? Where are you from?"

Kinnie stared at her for a bit, analysing her face. She was pretty. Her red hair was mildly obnoxious and a direct contrast to her own hair.

"Kinnie. I'm from Alola." She stopped, tilting her head a little as her eyes fell to the girl's upper arm. "What is on your arm?"

Before the conversation could progress further, a number of cries infiltrated Kinnie's ears as she watched a number of pokemon pop out of the nearby foliage. She was a little shocked when one appeared directly in front of her, and immediately sent out her shinx.

Opponent's Pokemon: Bidoof
    Attacking Pokemon: Vilne and shinx
    Opponent's Points: 5
    Attacker's Points: 8
    Bonuses: N/A
    Attacker's Points: 3

Once the brown fluffy pokemon collapsed, Kinnie took Sophie's lead and tossed a poke ball its way.

Pokémon using: Vilne the shinx
    Pokémon trying to catch: Bidoof
    Point Requirement: 3
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Poke ball
    Points On Hand: 15
    Points After: 12
    Stats: Sig

She paused, looking down at the stationary poke ball, then picked it up. She wondered what kind of pokemon this was.

Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (5/5) Kid (5/5)
    Egg:
    Spinarak Egg (3 of 22 posts to hatch)
    Items: Pokeballs (5 - 1 = 4)

Picnicker Katie had given Matthias a box of homemade cupcakes. Matthias walked along eating one while Kid and Instinct each ate one as well.

He looked around at his fellow trainers and drew aside to talk privately with his Pokemon.

"Hey, Instinct! Time for a lesson." he said quietly. "See all these other trainers. We don't know which ones are trustworthy and worth allying with, and which are just looking for a way to use us. Doesn't matter at the moment though. The important thing is that they feel like they owe us. Best way to make that happen, is to buy them without them even knowing it."

"Hey everybody." He called out to the other trainers.

That Picnicker I battled gave me a box of Cupcakes. They are really good! Who wants one?"

Instinct nodded with understanding. She reached up and grabbed the cupcakes and ran with the box to the group of other trainers.

"Squirtle! Squirt squirt! Squirtle!" She called offering cupcakes to everybody.

Matthias smiled, but was suddenly jolted by Kid crying out.

"Char! Char Chimchar!"

A wild starly had swooped in sniped Kid's cupcake. Kid had grabbed it by the tail before it could get away. They were wrestling over the cupcake.

Opponent's Pokemon: Starly
    Attacking Pokemon: Chimchar
    Opponent's Points: 5
    Attacker's Points: 5
    Bonuses: none
    Attacker's Points: 0

The scuffle ended in a draw. Matthias walked over to the two exhausted Pokemon. He picked up the cupcake and split it in two pieces. "You two can share", he said giving half to each Pokemon.

"Chimchar!" said the tired chimchar, as he ate the half cupcake and then allowed himself to be taken back into his Pokeball.

"How about you starly? Are you happy to fly away, or would you rather come with us? We have cupcakes!"

"Star!" said the starly pointing at Matthias.

"All right, here this can be your ball. It is very cosy and you can relax in there until we get to place to rest." Matthias held out a Pokeball and touched it to Starly. The little bird zapped into the ball.

Pokémon using: Chimchar
    Pokémon trying to catch: Starly
    Point Requirement: 3
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Pokeball
    Points On Hand: 39
    Points After: 36
    Stats: In Signature

"Hey everybody! I caught my first Pokemon!" Matthias was very excited.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (9/14) Emperor (16/16) Arc (8/8)

Partner:

Egg: Krabby (3/36)

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 202
    Time: 12:30pm
    Day: 2
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias
    @Brettles Drop your point total by 10 and it is accurate, and you're approved.

I caught the Shinx, naming the electric type Arc.

When Matthias piped up about his Pokemon, I figured now would be a chance to try and get in the good books with the rest of the team.

"Nice one!" I asked, walking over, still gripping Arc's Pokeball, "What did you catch?
    @Suicune's Fire Approved
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^@@@@
    Instinct (5/5) Kid (0/5) Sniper (0/5)
    Egg:
    Spinarak Egg (4 of 22 posts to hatch)
    Items: Pokeballs (5 - 1 = 4)

Matthias looked up as Sophie walked over asking what he had caught.

"It was a little grey and brown bird with a white mask. It tried to steal Kid's cupcake. Seemed like it might fit into my squad."

"I saw you caught one of those little electric kittens that Kinnie caught. Did you see what it did to that Gyarodos in the contest?"

"Hey while you're here, why don't you have a cupcake. Instinct, bring the cupcakes over here."

Instinct brought the cupcakes over and held them out to Sophie.

"Isn't she the nicest little squirtle ever. She loves giving hugs!" Instinct held her arms out to Sophie and said "Squirtle".

Trainer Renny Thomas
    Team Status
    Valerie (7/7), Cornelius(7/7), Fiddle(6/6)

Partner Pokemon:

Arnny (f)(5/5)
    Egg: Growlithe (Steps to Hatch 4/40)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

Health Items

Pokeballs
    Normal Pokeball: 4

Renny watched as Cornelius jumped around. He felt strange at first like he was doing something wrong. Arnny nuzzled against his leg to snap him out of it.
    When it turned out that Tony didn't so much mind. Renny took out his camera and caught a picture the two running around now as around his legs.
    " Mother wouldnt be happy about this but she isnt here , Arnny." Renny said looking down

The sound if a squirtle calling out got his attention. He put the camera down to notice the little turle pokemon running around giving out cupcakes.

Who was to turn down one. Renny bend over and accepted it from the pokemon. The sound of raiders now caught his attention.

Renny once again picked up his camera. His goal was to capture some footage of the looters in action. With his focus now on recording he was powerlese to stop a starly from swooping down and try to get his cupcake. Thanks to Arnny that didn't happen.

It all made sense to him though bait was a good way to catch pokemon.
    "We should put the food down and it will draw more in." He said looking back at his partners.

Arnny grabbed the cupcake and dropped it a couple of feet ahead as directed. Renny was set up. When a starly came diving in it was met by a hungry bidoof.

Renny turned for a moment.
    " Tony now is your chance. Ill go for starly you should go for the bidoof

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (5/5)];[Ifrit- Chimchar, Female (5/5)];[Eunomos- Kricketot, Male (0/6)];[Vedfolnir- Starly, Male (0/5)]
    Items: 3 pokeballs (-1)

Tony watched as Renny set up the bait. When all was ready, two pokemon arrived on the scene. Tony sent Zuko out, using the cupcake as a distraction to get a hit on it and then throwing his pokeball before it could become a real battle.

Pokémon using: Torchic
    Pokémon trying to catch: Bidoof
    Point Requirement: 5
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Pokeball x1
    Item Effects:
    Points On Hand: 9
    Points After: 4
    Stats: In signature.