If your brand new character in a roleplay was killed, wouldn't you feel a little upset? Or, how would you feel?

In-game reasons aside (And they're all valid enough; characters all acted true to form and what's done is done) the place we are at now is that Truly feels sad he can't join in, he feels cheated, and angry. He said that, and I get it. If Palila had been killed when I was 5 posts into the new game, I would have been extremely discouraged and annoyed. I can understand the emotion.

Similarly, if I've worked really hard on a storyline that I want to guide players through, and people kept challenging decisions, I'd feel very defensive and feel the need to justify my actions.

It's all well and good to kill off a character, but a post saying "Hey, sorry I killed your character, here's what happens for you now, and here's a way to keep enjoying the game." Might go down better than one where we all fight to justify why someones pc was executed and stew in anger.
I wanna move forwards with this, in a creative way! That's why I asked about Pokemon spirits.

In any case, there's clearly a conflict going on here- maybe we could acknowledge and discuss some positive solutions to your mutual not-good feelings.
Or, not. Whatever.
This is the internet, after all.