Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Experienced Trainer Zenith Avalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistodragon View Post
    I'm actually starting Pokemon TCG tournaments (unofficial) in my area. Where are you located?
    Bradenton, FL. Have no idea if that's near you or not, lol. Unfortunately, I have no way of getting the new cards since I don't have a job yet.... *cries* I'm trying to get my externship set up and get a salary established.
    ~ Zenith's GCEA Stats ~ | ~ Zenith's URPG Stats ~
    *Sig and avi art made by Sou Cleife!*

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

I love Commander.

My main Commander decks currently use:
    Kaalia of the Vast
    Vorel of the Hull Clade
    Rafiq of the Many
    Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
    Captain Sissay
    Mayael, the Anima
    Sliver Overlord

And I'm working on building:
    Marchessa, the Black Rose
    Trostani, Selesnyia's Voice (may replace Commander with Rhys, the Redeemed if I can get one)
    Skullbriar, the Walking Grave
    Jhoira of the Ghitu (though I have basically nothing I need for it :x)

... Yeah, I have too many decks. But I like them all! Also, my favorite guild of Ravnica has always and will always be Simic.
    URPG Stats
    PWN/BMG Ash K.; AIM MewAshMew
    URPG Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Avalon View Post
    Bradenton, FL. Have no idea if that's near you or not, lol. Unfortunately, I have no way of getting the new cards since I don't have a job yet.... *cries* I'm trying to get my externship set up and get a salary established.
    No that's way far away lol. =(

Be sure to check my comic weekly! I also have some other ideas for future comics so stay tuned.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Just had a cube draft with some buddies.

Won the cube draft with a super fast red deck, powered by jitte, batterskull, sword of war and peace, time walk, mox ruby and mox sapphire. Ya, I just...attacked. Attacked more, time walk, attack, burn face.

I once beat Elspeth, Sun's Champion AND Sorin, Lord of Innistrad together with a red deck. :O
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

... That sounds like a very nice (and expensive) cube.

And for my list of Commander decks in progress, because I seem to be unable to stop myself, I forgot that I'm making UW which will probably run Bruna, Light of Alabaster as Commander.

Has anyone else noticed the foil prices for Conspiracy seem to be ridiculous?
    URPG Stats
    URPG Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

ya the cube is very expensive. I mean, most of the power 9's in there. Like real ones. I have yet to play ancestral recall yet though. Silly "not getting it first pick" and what not.

Conspiracy prices are pretty unstable still. This set is unlikely to be opened much, so I'm slowly picking up the singles I want starting now. Mostly legacy staples and what not. This foil prices are ridiculous because of the legacy staples in the set: council's judgement is playable, exploration/stifle/Dack Fayden/etc. are all Legacy staples, so their foils are ridiculous. Brainstorm foils will always be ridiculous. Marchesa and Muzzio are high because EDH.

Bruna's a really easy build-around-me Commander. Just throw in auras you want and done. If you're hardcore for it though, her decks can get pretty expensive as you're hunting down foil eldrazi conscriptions and what not.

Just like you, I personally have a LOT of EDH decks, because I generally prefer to play with a lot of variety. :D
    What is happiness?

zombie edh for the win:)

Be sure to check my comic weekly! I also have some other ideas for future comics so stay tuned.

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

I generally build from what I have and trade for things when I can. The problem comes when I have a ton of decks begging for the same card, like Avacyn, Angel of Hope, which I have two of (Captain Sissay and Kaalia of the Vast) but would like to put in basically every White deck. I have an Eldrazi Conscription, but it's an essential part of Rafiq of the Many (Sovereigns of Lost Alara allow it to be searched out when attacking and it boosts Rafiq enough for lethal commander damage).

It always seems like everything I have to trade is worthless and everything I need is really expensive :(
    URPG Stats

I just tend to get lucky in card packs lolz or I just get a card and sell it for profit. (From any card game)

Ya I'm the opposite of lucky for my pack opening. I almost never get anything great.
    What is happiness?