Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Char's Challenges: Writing Prompts Galore!

Char’s Challenges

Writing Prompts Galore!

Hey writers! Are you feeling it? The crushing pressure of the dreaded writer’s block? Have you been staring at a blinking cursor for the last few hours, hoping that some Grecian muse will somehow materialize from the computer screen and bonk you on the head with a magical churro? Boy, I know how that feels. Heck, I’ve never even had a churro before. But that’s beside the point—point is, you’re down on your inspiration batteries and you need to get those creative juices flowing, am I right?

Well, this is the place for you, then! Every week I’ll be posting a writing prompt that will challenge you to approach your prose in a new perspective. You can wipe your slate clean and start fresh, or you can take your existing story and put this new spin on it. There’s no deadline, no expiration dates—these challenges are meant to be fun and flexible. Even if you’re not blocked (you lucky person you), feel free to pick up one of these challenges and write for the hay of it.

And when you’re done, please share what you’ve written! I’ll keep a record down below of your wonderful creations. And who knows—we might just feature ya on the main site!

Completed Stories:

Challenge I: Happy Birthday
    -->Baby's First Surprise by EmeraldSky

Challenge II: Music to My Ears

Challenge III: A Mile in Their Shoes

Challenge IV: Total Embarrassment

Challenge V: CURSED!!!

Challenge VI: Everybody's Got a Darkside

Challenge VII: Pressed for Time

Challenge VIII: Gender-swapped

Challenge IX: Random Story Generator

Last edited by FedoraChar; 08-31-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame