Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pfft. GtI. The only thing that game taught me was how AWESOME its predecessors are. Oh, wait, I ALREADY KNEW.

2. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Seriously, from all that has been shown off from the game...it's gonna be hard to avoid looking up more to the game before I actually get my hands on it. Just from the story to everything else shown off, it is already looking better than GTI....I think the name could've been better, but oh well lol.

Think about it that scene could mean anything. Maybe it'll be a boss battle, maybe it will be just transporting you to another dimension. There is another dimensional Pokemon isn't there not?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

You're really heckling the naming? For crying out loud most of the Pokemon games are colors and stones!! And now they're even going into the Alphabet! Gates to Infinity probably has one of the most creative names out there.

Well there is evidence in many of the Pokemon games supporting the many worlds theory so it's possible.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

I don't have a problem with the name at all lol. Just mentioning how it doesn't really have a name like the others, it's just one word compared to the others. Gates and Sky both had great title names.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah. Nintendo doesn't have much credit in the creativity naming department.
    / / / / / / / /

I would really dislike it if Giratina's the big baddy. I'm hoping for Game Freak to pull another trick on us, like when we thought Grovyle and Hydreigon were evil. Giratina's one of my favorite Pokemon, and I'd dislike it if it was evil purely for being a Ghost type.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Or being the ruler of the distortion world. Like in the giratina and the sky warrior he wasn't the bad guy either. Though it's possible he could be doing a primal dialga on us where he's gone mad and it's not actually him being bad. Or it could be like palkia where he's trying to eliminate us, but only because we're messing with the distortion world somehow.
    / / / / / / / /

And that was Darkrai trying to trick Palkia anyways, and knowing just what would enrage Palkia enough to kill.
    Either way, they weren't entirely in charge of their own actions.
    I'm hoping it's one of those options.
    And apparently the Goomy, Deerling, and Espurr may or may not be important NPCs? I'm hoping that the Espurr is, at least.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah that always adds the most story. Lots more potential for plot twists and what not.

Well, from what I've read, the goomy and deerling are important NPCs. They at least start the adventure. Though I find it interesting that the shelmet is not included in the trailer but has been mentioned elsewhere. Hm...

It appears the main village is called Serene Village. It's been confirmed that you do take the personality quiz to determine what pokemon you are, but if you don't like it you can change it. And when you pick your partner, you can pick if they are cool or cute (I'm assuming that means boy or girl). The first dungeon to be revealed is Foreboding Forest (much spookier name than prior first dungeons). The game supposedly starts with a deerling and a shelmet going into that dungeon after the goomy friend didn't return from said dungeon.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    It appears the main village is called Serene Village. It's been confirmed that you do take the personality quiz to determine what pokemon you are, but if you don't like it you can change it. And when you pick your partner, you can pick if they are cool or cute (I'm assuming that means boy or girl). The first dungeon to be revealed is Foreboding Forest (much spookier name than prior first dungeons). The game supposedly starts with a deerling and a shelmet going into that dungeon after the goomy friend didn't return from said dungeon.
    I'm really hoping there's more than just one village. It would be kind of cool if there were plenty of other villages, each with their own quests and objectives to fulfill while offering different kinds of shops, NPCs to socialize with, and so on.