Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale

Administrator

Undertale

BE CAREFUL MY CHILD. THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Haven't heard of Undertale? Undertale is a pixelated style game on Steam where you can play however you want! There's a total of 4 different endings that all depend on how you play. A Neutral, Pacifist, and Genocide ending, the other ending shall remain a secret for now.

Personally when Undertale was first becoming super popular, it was around the time that PSMD came out, so I was quick to jump away and tell anyone that tried to get me to play it "LOL NO PSMD" every time. After the hype of PSMD died down a bit I found Undertale on sale and.....to my surprise. Undertale surprised me! It is recommended that you play through the Pacifist mode first versus the others. Also another warning, the Genocide mode will also probably induce a lot of rage from you at certain points. Yet another warning, the game does mess with files on your computer, in a GOOD way (as in like it stores your actions, even if you do something and shut it down without saving. It saves that action, but not the game data and will be used in "some way." The story is very deep and engaging while the soundtrack is very reminiscent to me personally. I loved BOTH the story and soundtrack. Undertale is truly deserving of it's praise.

Have you played Undertale? What did you think of it? Try and keep spoilers here to a minimum for now and use spoiler tags when necessary.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm actually doing a play through of this right now! I have the first two hours recorded where I make it to Snowdin. I'll be uploading more as time allows.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Chakramaster had the kindness in his heart to purchase it for me (everyone who wants it go pester him) so I shall be posting about it in the coming days! I AM EXCITED!!!

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    My best friend bought Undertale for me so I could play it and understand why he loved it. I ended up getting to LV 13 by the end because I treated it like any old RPG. He was a little mad about that, but I guess I paid for it too because between Snowdlin and the climax it seemed like the game got really boring. Now I know that I'm probably more to blame for that than I first thought.

RIP Thundersnail.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    ERIC GOT ME ADDICTED TO UNDERTALE I BLAME HIM. I finished the game on both a neutral and true pacifist mode, NOW BEWARE I AM GOING THE GENOCIDE ROUTE. And pray for me, cause I am seriously going to need it (may have rage quit several times already).

I also really love the soundtrack, it's so cute and terrifyingly ominous (at parts), but I really love it cause it's a mixture of everything awesome. :'D

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    I'm actually doing a play through of this right now! I have the first two hours recorded where I make it to Snowdin. I'll be uploading more as time allows.
    I love Snowdin's town theme =0! I can't wait to see yours! Ever since I played it I love watching others playthroughs for it to see or hear their reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Chakramaster had the kindness in his heart to purchase it for me (everyone who wants it go pester him) so I shall be posting about it in the coming days! I AM EXCITED!!!
    Hahaha, weeeeeeell it's no worries! I saw you wanted it, I had a little extra laying around (that I probably should be saving, but w/e xD) so I decided to be a little giving =D! Nooooo! Don't pester me ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
    My best friend bought Undertale for me so I could play it and understand why he loved it. I ended up getting to LV 13 by the end because I treated it like any old RPG. He was a little mad about that, but I guess I paid for it too because between Snowdlin and the climax it seemed like the game got really boring. Now I know that I'm probably more to blame for that than I first thought.

RIP Thundersnail.
    Lol yeah I knew before I played of there being different endings. I didn't want to know the endings, but I wanted to make sure I could get the best possible ending the first time through. Well everyone has their own opinions about it so I can't say I blame you for finding certain parts boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    ERIC GOT ME ADDICTED TO UNDERTALE I BLAME HIM. I finished the game on both a neutral and true pacifist mode, NOW BEWARE I AM GOING THE GENOCIDE ROUTE. And pray for me, cause I am seriously going to need it (may have rage quit several times already).

I also really love the soundtrack, it's so cute and terrifyingly ominous (at parts), but I really love it cause it's a mixture of everything awesome. :'D
    YES! I'm glad you liked it Gemma! Blame me for daaaaaaaays =D! You are required no matter what to finish once on neutral before you can get the pacifist anyway, but if you playthrough the Pacifist and get the Neutral ending, just reload and you're good to go for Pacifist from there (which I'm sure you figured out).

Oh yeah I was stuck on one fight for a good 3 days. I was soooo relieved after I made it past it....but that final battle.....I literally stopped for days at a time to go back and try again after a good break it was so hard. So good luck to you and ANYONE that attempts the Genocide mode

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

7. This post has been liked by:

WHY DOES THE TOPIC OF THIS GAME COME RIGHT AFTER I START PLAYING IT AGAIN, WTFFFFF
    xD God such weird coincidences.

I'm still working on the first storyline. ; v ; I "shelved" the game for a little while because new computer...so yeah. But nothing is going to stop me this time. I'm late to the party, but it's better than not showing up at all. xD This game is a huge gem and I will not miss this opportunity this time around!

The fan base is kinda crazy...very fnaf fanbase-esque, but from what I've seen most of them are really funny and are, eh...well versed in meme culture. XD
    @Chakramaster @Lunar Latias
    Sarah (Speed-X) - Today 1:58 AM
    > So gem

Sarah (Speed-X) - Today 1:58 AM
    > Are you...

Sarah (Speed-X) - Today 1:59 AM
    > Having a bad time with that boss level?
    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

COME ON THAT WAS A GOOD ONE 8D
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-09-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

9. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I did laugh pretty hard at that. xD Despite the fact I wasn't up to it yet!

I guest star in Jan's video, but fair warning, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, so there are some hints to spoilers, but I tried to keep them as vague as possible.

Also, I don't know what the secret ending you're talking about is, but there are multiple, multiple neutral endings. One for genocide except whiffing on Mettaton NEO, one for killing all of the bosses and only the bosses, and more. I'm actually planning on, if/when I get it for myself, playing pacifist, then slowly going one kill at a time towards genocide, until I've gotten every single possible outcome.

i really loved undertale a lot; i played through it several times, a couple just for myself to get different endings, and a couple for my boyfriend since he wanted to see the game. its a lot of fun gameplay-wise, the writing is wonderful and charming, and the art and music are lovely. really the only issue i have with it is the fandom, since its so huge and can be rather obnoxious :p

in all of the playthroughs i did of the game, i never managed to do a no mercy run, because i just felt too bad even considering it,,,,, one of those playthroughs i did was originally intended to be a no mercy run, but then as soon as i got to the first enemy i wimped out Q__Q i wound up just watching a LP of it instead