Page 83 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
    ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    *Storm and Velvetine have been selected to accompany you.*

Storm: I cannot believe I'm defending, of all people, him. After all this time...

Velvetine: He's the Oblivion Lord! If he dies, existence goes with him!

Storm: That I know full-and-well, but who the Oblivion Lord is makes for some rather bad irony.

Velvetine: If you insist...

*You have units and deploy-ables to pick to take with you. Normally you wouldn't be bothered with this much specification, but the Ragnak will be coming at you with everything they've got, and you're fighting on IMPOSSIBLE difficulty, so longevity and being able to kill anything are both critical. Choose wisely. You have room for eight groups of units (infantry, land or air) and four types of buildings.*

*Your infantry units include Warriors, Marines, Casters, Rouges, Healers, War Medics, Spellslingers, Grand Artilleries and Observers.*

*Your land vehicles include Tanks, APCs (which will be useless in this instance), Reconnaisance, and Anti-Air.*

*Your aerial vehicles include Jets, Bombers, Stealths and Copters.*

*Your deploy-able buildings include Mining Centers, Teleport Anchors, Deployers, Merc Compounds and Cueballs. Mining Centers are useless, so the other four are being deployed. You may want to keep a good eye out for more Schematics, or think of some yourselves.*

*If you need any indication of what the classes do, feel free to ask. All units deployed will be decided diplomatically. This is the last step.*

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    Okay... What do you guys reckon we should do? Any ideas, Storm?

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Storm: That depends on the plan you wish to specifically paint for the holdout. There are a lot of different types of plans, but I can boil them down to two for sake of simplicity: Offensive or Defensive. Is the best defense a good offense, or the best offense a good defense, Sivelos? Should we kill them before they even get close to us, or kill them as they hopelessly pound against our defenses to no result? Your opinion on this question determines the answer I give. With any intelligence on our enemy, I'd probably suggest units more specifically, but knowing they outnumber us and not knowing what they could deploy means that I'll have to generalize.

Tazz: I'm honestly mixed on the subject, and you're kind of the right-hand man here, Sivelos. Give him your answer. Offensive or Defensive?

I think it'd be best to keep their infantries at bay, so whatever buff they give the upper leaders won't apply. Also, it'll give us some breathing room when it comes to actually confronting them. I guess a steady outer offense, and maybe a solid inner defense?

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

There is also the question of whether our enemies work best in groups or on their own. If it's the former, rogues would come in handy to singularly pick them off.

I'm not really sure… Tazz is sort of an expert on these guys. What do you think?

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Tazz: We do not know the nature of our enemies, or how they operate at all, but I have a good feeling they're going to operate in groups-our rouges are useless in that regard. Everything else they can do, a Recon can do better with better defense as well, but the primary reason to pick both isn't really in play: We have Cueballs out, so they can tell us what's upcoming well before they come into view. This'll be on the ground, though. I'd cross out Recons and Rouges.

Storm: I'll take that as a middleman response...OK, we're going to need things capable of taking a lot of damage and things capable of dishing out a lot of damage. Tanks and Warriors for the former; Grand Artilleries and Spellslingers for the latter. Anti-Air is a must, as our enemies have a lot of good spaceships, and having unopposed air support can ruin a battle. As we'll be around a certain point, I'd keep the Choppers, as they can remain, well, more in place than a jet and carry the same firepower. That's six units. The last two, I'd take Healers and War Medics. Both can heal units, which is absolutely vital to their survival-and the War Medics can attack on top of that. Normally I'd only take one, but considering the nature of what we're doing we have to have as much healing power as possible. That's just my suggestion, though.

*You have the info. You can choose to alter this plan however you wish. Remember, most of the Elder Souls on your side are also familiar with troops! While you're still on the ship, waiting to get to the Voidial Drydocks, you can ask them for help on this as well!*

I have a feeling I'd mess something up if I altered it, so it's fine. What do you guys think? *turns to the other Elder Souls*

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    In all seriousness, my class will be "Microwave".

In all serious seriousness, my class will be Aerial Mage! I can fly and use magic. Good stuff.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

*Your class is now Microwave. Yes, there's a legitimate non-joke character class for that. You now have a transform ability to turn you into a (legged) avatar of entropy and heat-based destruction, with such powers as lethal flaming pizza slices, meatball cannons, kicks front-and-back, microwave ray blasts, a back-explosion to send you flying even when actual flying is disabled, and loads of other hot stuff, all befitting a PYRGICK (Fire/Smoke/Lava magic) user. Plus, relatively excellent defense and speed stats. Basically everyone here can already fly, so this class is clearly superior to what you said previously. Of course, you will have no arms, just a door, and some abilities will be limited to the Microwave form, and in this form, others are also unavailable (namely the ones that require arms). Also, don't ask how you can see, but know you can.*

*As you can tell, Seriousness was abandoned a long time ago and left to rot, BULBASAUR. On the plus side, TAZZ is no longer out to stick you brutally.*

Gear: I'd honestly go for a harder defense if I could, but that's a fairly hard defense right there.

Teal: I'd switch the healers for the casters, or the Marines. I think more firepower will make up for the healing lost, and in any case it's somewhat redundant.

*And the others basically alternate between the initial suggestion and switching Healers for Casters or Marines. Asking about which is better gets mixed responses.*