Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It also looks like he's a present tense roleplayer. Been a while since I've seen that style. Cool!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    I think that's the longest history description I've ever seen. Clearly Chakra won't be suffering from a lack of detail in his RP posts XD
    LOL, well like I was telling Neo before I made the post. I felt like got a little carried away while writing it. Before I started writing it, the character had no name (making mentioning him hard saying "him" or "he" so often). So I paused and wrote certain parts, again getting stuck so I though for a bit, came up with a name. Fixed that....then I though...how would I go about thinking of how I can use this worlds nature to change my character in ways. Personality and background both made it hard. So I went with something we all know happens in stories and have seen before (even though personally I've never tackled it). Yeah I just got an idea while writing the personality lines and....it broke off into the history and ended up becoming like it's own side story. About halfway into it I noticed how long it stretched, but didn't wanna just scratch it all only to HAVE to bring it all up later anyway. So here it is xD

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    It also looks like he's a present tense roleplayer. Been a while since I've seen that style. Cool!
    present tense wha-?! I know past-present-future tense, but I didn't think the way I wrote it was present tense xD. That or I just didn't notice. I certainly didn't PLAN on making it that way lol. I just wrote what came to mind as best as I could....honestly I could've went more in-depth in explaining, but restrictions on a rating here lol. We all have imaginations to know how it might've looked and the after effects it might've cause and.....*clears throat* will cause at some point.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Ah its fine, I've seen Noble put just as much detail into some of her character descriptions as well. *Shivers at the memory* Don't worry about the present tense thing either, Its always best to Rp with whatever you find easiest to write with. (Whatever it may be)

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well, Chakra, you actually seem to flow between the two. It doesn't really matter but seeing a person who uses present tense is a bit rarer nowadays. You're one of two that I know of.

Also, as for descriptions, I have to stay under the ratings as well you know. I can also become very dark. Exhibit A:
    Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Neo, to give you an idea of Jan's insane half, allow me to direct you to the site I have set up for the many universes of A Single Element and her story of the Madness Mage who became known as Jack the Ripper. Warning: This story is not for those who do not do gore well and could easily be considered well above PG-13. Anyone who follows the link, you have been warned.

http://mage-book.freeforums.net/thread/71/final-victim
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Well somehow while writing a "character bios" or sign up, I did stretch it out from an explanation more to actual story delving or like actual character development there. Which doesn't hurt I guess lol. Either way it's not bad to explain it now since I would've had to later anyway. I'll definitely work on it some more and improve as I write more once we start. Because I may have a weak start at the least.

@Morzone thing is...I don't really have a particular writing "style" per say. All that came off the top of my head (with some edits here and there). So if my style is present tense when I write things off the top of my head. That can be a good thing in most cases I guess since writing something present tense is actually needed. (Actually helps knowing I do because I have plans to write something using it at some point).

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

@Chakramaster

Hey, dude, sorry about the delay on reading the sign up (I've had my hands bit full lately). I checked it out and it's definitely Accepted and really well-written, but holy crap, I was NOT expecting to be blind-sided by the feels train while reading it. Everything from his efforts to rescue the injured Eevee and the death of his Pikachu was an emotional rollercoaster, but you've definitely painted a solid picture of Brian's character and what he's been through.

This may be one of your first RPs here, but I've been doing this kind of stuff for years and you definitely have THE GIFT for this. Great job, I'm really looking forward to seeing your RPing in action!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    @Chakramaster

Hey, dude, sorry about the delay on reading the sign up (I've had my hands bit full lately). I checked it out and it's definitely Accepted and really well-written, but holy crap, I was NOT expecting to be blind-sided by the feels train while reading it. Everything from his efforts to rescue the injured Eevee and the death of his Pikachu was an emotional rollercoaster, but you've definitely painted a solid picture of Brian's character and what he's been through.

This may be one of your first RPs here, but I've been doing this kind of stuff for years and you definitely have THE GIFT for this. Great job, I'm really looking forward to seeing your RPing in action!
    lol there's no rush, so no worries! Lol even though you all keep saying it's good....I still can't shake the fact I feel like it's written a bit differently than you all made yours. Differently styles and all I know, but mine is sort of...like a small side-story itself imo. I could've went more into detail again as I said, but I was worried about stretching it out TOO long hahaha. There's more behind his skills as an artist I could've gone into, but again length worried me. It still may take me a bit to get into the creative writing style on the fly, but I'm sure with time it won't take long at all. Thanks though, it is my first time attempting one of these so it's great to see support from the first one I create =D.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    lol there's no rush, so no worries! Lol even though you all keep saying it's good....I still can't shake the fact I feel like it's written a bit differently than you all made yours. Differently styles and all I know, but mine is sort of...like a small side-story itself imo. I could've went more into detail again as I said, but I was worried about stretching it out TOO long hahaha. There's more behind his skills as an artist I could've gone into, but again length worried me. It still may take me a bit to get into the creative writing style on the fly, but I'm sure with time it won't take long at all. Thanks though, it is my first time attempting one of these so it's great to see support from the first one I create =D.
    It was great! And everyone's style is unique. Stories like that aren't all that uncommon actually, it's just not how I usually sign up. Leaves people in suspense for when my character remembers a traumatic incident. *snickers*
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Dude, no worries, I definitely respect the fact everyone's got their own styles and I'm open to all of them. And trust me, I've read plenty of EXTREMELY wordy RP character sign ups. Yours was great, and if I felt there was something really troubling about it, I would have spoken up, but I didn't see anything that came even close.

Also, I have a fully loaded day of busy stuff to do tomorrow (I need to do a lot of errands and I'm off to see that crazy Deadpool movie with a friend), but is everyone game if we start this puppy on Monday?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Dude, no worries, I definitely respect the fact everyone's got their own styles and I'm open to all of them. And trust me, I've read plenty of EXTREMELY wordy RP character sign ups. Yours was great, and if I felt there was something really troubling about it, I would have spoken up, but I didn't see anything that came even close.

Also, I have a fully loaded day of busy stuff to do tomorrow (I need to do a lot of errands and I'm off to see that crazy Deadpool movie with a friend), but is everyone game if we start this puppy on Monday?
    I may not be able to make a post Monday, but Tuesday for sure I can (assuming we start Monday and unless something ELSE comes up). Work and all will keep me busy late =3

The time is upon us...