Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I hate all that mature rated stuff and I would never watch anything like that normally. GoT is the most graphic thing I have ever watched (and I still close my eyes at a lot of parts xD). But I watch it cos the story is good! So I guess that's how good it is. xD
    Yeah, if there's going to be gore, it needs to be justified and not just have dismembering and guts launching all over the place. Trust me, if a series just uses gore factor as a substitute for good storytelling, I'll see right through it. But yeah, GoT's storyline is very unpredictable and filled with intrigue and suspense. Sometimes the gore feels a bit unnecessary, but there are times where it wouldn't have felt quite as complete and horrifying without it, thus losing it's effect. I'm definitely not going to mention any moments in particular to avoid spoilers, though, but there were quite a few parts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Hmm, sounds interesting. It might be worth a shot!
    Knowing you and what you like, I think you'd be really into it. There's still plenty of time to binge-watch the previous seasons to catch up with the rest of us. Try giving it the three episode test and if you like what you see, you'll love the rest.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I've mainly been watching Smallville; I'm about halfway through season 5 so far. I've also started watching Yonderland. It's... Strange, to say the least.
    Cartoon wise I've also been keeping up with Avengers Ultron Revolution & Star Wars Rebels.
    Also, Sky Art's Portrait artist of the Year 2017, though I'm not sure if contests count or not. It's on the TV though! :P

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, if there's going to be gore, it needs to be justified and not just have dismembering and guts launching all over the place. Trust me, if a series just uses gore factor as a substitute for good storytelling, I'll see right through it. But yeah, GoT's storyline is very unpredictable and filled with intrigue and suspense. Sometimes the gore feels a bit unnecessary, but there are times where it wouldn't have felt quite as complete and horrifying without it, thus losing it's effect. I'm definitely not going to mention any moments in particular to avoid spoilers, though, but there were quite a few parts like this.

Knowing you and what you like, I think you'd be really into it. There's still plenty of time to binge-watch the previous seasons to catch up with the rest of us. Try giving it the three episode test and if you like what you see, you'll love the rest.
    Part of the reason I am asking this is because I have two college friends that have been watching it. I'll try it!

I'm watching Westworld and I'm enjoying it so far.
    τι ζωή

I started watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. It seems pretty funny so far

6. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

I like to watch an episode of various cartoons before bed to help my mind relax some (cause I have trouble sleeping if I don't wind down)- and since I ran out of episodes of one show, I decided to go find a new series from my childhood that I never watched cause I was a picky brat. So I'm watching Danny Phantom- quite a fun show!

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

I'd recommend trying to stick it out for the whole first season, It's a bit more of a commitment but the season 1 finale got me hooked

My DVR is full of shows that I want to watch but haven't found the time or inclination, but the three shows that I try to make time for at least on the weekends is Arrow, Grimm and The Magicians now

I just bought the first two seasons of Adventure Time; safe to say that's what I'll be watching. I did take a bit of a risk, as I've never seen it, but I've heard so many good things about it. And, I do need something fun right about now, so I hope it'll be a good fit.
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Sun View Post
    I just bought the first two seasons of Adventure Time; safe to say that's what I'll be watching. I did take a bit of a risk, as I've never seen it, but I've heard so many good things about it. And, I do need something fun right about now, so I hope it'll be a good fit.
    Great show! Adventure time really is more than just a normal cartoon. It has some deep themes!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Let's see most recently I'd started watching Archer a few months ago after someone I worked with was talking to me about it. I noticed it's on Comedy Central during the day on Mondays so I figured I'd give it a go, and I haven't been disappointed. I also like that the more I watch it, the more I notice how often I've heard Archer's voice in other shows (including my personal favorite, his role as Mothmonsterman in ATHF)

12. This post has been liked by:

Soups