Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    AMAZING NEW PAGE, NEO!!! It's so awesome! I hope I can do it justice! You drew everything so well and it was awesome. :D I draw quagsire a whole lot more like you do than how Edgar's original design, so I wasn't sure which to stick with... I'm thinking a mix? O_o I dunno.

I hope to have the new page up soon! It'll probably be a few days. And holy WOW, Neko, all those layers. O_o I feel like a complete noob. xD

2. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

I'm really loving all these entries so far! It's turning out really well! I can't wait to see this really get started and how everyone takes it scene by scene. Page by page. I'm sure this is really gonna get awesome! You guys are all doing really well so far!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    I love the possibilities that it brings. <3 So much potential for silly shenanigans too.

I'm pretty structured with my comic layering. I made a comic template file that mimics my usual layering structure of PRS pages since I tend to be fairly consistent on that end. It helps streamline the process a bit! It looks a bit like this:

Spoiler:

It saves me the time of making the same layers I use on most pages. The background layers vary a lot more, so I don't have many of those in the template file. xD

And yeah- I wouldn't be able to support another comic on top of PRS if it were Full Time. I mean, I've got another in the works, but it's indefinitely in the planning stages and won't go into production for a few years, I'm guessing. I want to finish PRS first. And it's nice to do something with other people for once. Working alone can be... well- lonely! It's exciting to see where this goes, too! xD

Haha- now if only someone would use that idea somewhere down the line. xD
    Oh wow, yeah, you're definitely a lot more organized than I am, but that looks like a nice and clean setup.

I'll admit, I give my layers funny and goofy names just because. Names like "ShAdoWz", "Ovalayz", "Sketchy" and stuff like that. It's fun to make it silly sometimes. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Neo!!! That's so cool! I love the big reveal and the last panel is especially amazing! You rock!!! You guys are all so talented! <3
    Thanks! You guys are so cool and supportive. I appreciate it. <3

Stay amazing, Sarah! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    AMAZING NEW PAGE, NEO!!! It's so awesome! I hope I can do it justice! You drew everything so well and it was awesome. :D I draw quagsire a whole lot more like you do than how Edgar's original design, so I wasn't sure which to stick with... I'm thinking a mix? O_o I dunno.

I hope to have the new page up soon! It'll probably be a few days. And holy WOW, Neko, all those layers. O_o I feel like a complete noob. xD
    THANK YOU! C: Yeah, I actually go more for the anime designs since I'm way more used to using that as reference so I was kind of like "ehh, not sure what to do here but they'll know who it is anyway." I also didn't expect for Natalya's eyes to be more slanted than rounded, but I felt that gave her a really cool and extra mischievous look so I decided to roll along with that.

I'd say try the mix, but most of all, whatever you feel most comfortable with. I think everyone has their own special style and approach, so there's really no right or wrong way of doing it. Seeing the different styles work together is the awesome part anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I'm really loving all these entries so far! It's turning out really well! I can't wait to see this really get started and how everyone takes it scene by scene. Page by page. I'm sure this is really gonna get awesome! You guys are all doing really well so far!
    This is awesome fun, yep! Neko is a genius for coming up with this. :3

@Neo Emolga
    It's only nice and clean cause I use it as my template for all PRS pages. Yuo should see my layering for OTHER projects. >.> -stares at my digital painting final- I swear there had to be at least 200-300 layers on that one. I sometimes give silly names to layers when things start getting messy. xD Whatever works, right?

Edit: Got some quick character Refs up. I'll make nicer refs later when I have more time. Right now, it's just so we've got the color palettes posted up publicly!
    Last edited by Nekomata; 02-10-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    @Neo Emolga
    It's only nice and clean cause I use it as my template for all PRS pages. Yuo should see my layering for OTHER projects. >.> -stares at my digital painting final- I swear there had to be at least 200-300 layers on that one. I sometimes give silly names to layers when things start getting messy. xD Whatever works, right?

Edit: Got some quick character Refs up. I'll make nicer refs later when I have more time. Right now, it's just so we've got the color palettes posted up publicly!
    Wow, I think the most I've ever had for one thing was 50 layers. After a while, it kind of gets to the point where I start asking "do I really need this many?"

I find it hilarious even the Goomy gets their own bio. XD But you never know, they could be involved somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Wow, I think the most I've ever had for one thing was 50 layers. After a while, it kind of gets to the point where I start asking "do I really need this many?"

I find it hilarious even the Goomy gets their own bio. XD But you never know, they could be involved somehow!
    I usually sit around 10-20 layers for simple things. But for full blown paintings and more complex stuff, it starts to get really up there. xD I like using lots of layers since it makes it easy to edit stuff.

And I figure I'll put in all background characters even if they aren't currently important. This way people can remember who currently exists in the world and re-use them instead of making new background charries left and right. xD

We got this comment on the SJ site today. I found it amusing because how stupid it is.

"Don't mean to be rude but,these collaborations,are these the reasons why the others get delayed on their stories,on hiatus even.Just curious.I'm very sure that none of you will receive this message ever since our continents don't have the similar time so to tell you guys something I'm limited.I'm not allowed to use the laptop from Monday to Friday and I can only use the laptop until 6:00 p.m. in Sundays.

Edit:By the way could you guys change the guest's avatar like TeddiGuy did,'cause this avatar sound a bit rude to me.That's the reason why I requested a new avatar on him.Oh...and I don't mean to be rude....sorry.Hmmm *thinking of something* ever since there are 4 of you authors,I think you guys have to assign yourselves for:the background;the characters;the colors;and the lettering for what they say...or you guys could do all of these on each page or panel "

---

I don't know about the rest of you, but this isn't really delaying PRS much, if at all. And most of you don't even have solo comics on the side. xD Then suggesting to do things in a way that WOULD actually cause more delays... Haha.

And I'm not sure how the default SJ guest avatar can be rude? xD

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I don't even understand half of what that's saying. What are they talking about with the avatar thing? Why do we need to know when they can use their laptop? SJ alerts you when you get new comments; you don't have to be online when they're posted to see them.

Making an extra page isn't going to slow me down. Also I've got 26 pages of buffer for my comic. I think it'll be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I don't even understand half of what that's saying. What are they talking about with the avatar thing? Why do we need to know when they can use their laptop? SJ alerts you when you get new comments; you don't have to be online when they're posted to see them.

Making an extra page isn't going to slow me down. Also I've got 26 pages of buffer for my comic. I think it'll be okay.
    I'm just... what sense does that even make? xD I might take a week off from PRS to do a page here and there, but definitely not going on full-blown hiatus for PMDXR. I'm on hiatus right now just cause I'm between chapters and want a break to script and do layouts before going back to schedule. xD

And most of us don't even -have- another comic we're working on. I think it's just four of us right now- You, me, Liokora, and Max. xD

xDDDDD This guy! What even! I can't understand a word they're saying. Also I love how they just assume that we all have our own comics that get delayed because of a collaboration. xDD I don't know who this person is but that comment is hilarious. Neko I think that if you respond to them, perhaps let them know that if they don't like it, simply don't comment. xD I mean, it's a community comic bringing artists together. How could that be a bad thing?

The guest avatar thing also makes noooooo sense and frankly I am just amused by the entire comment. xP