Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

I will be happy to do writing and worldbuilding
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coru View Post
    I second that. multiplayer features would be great, but as long as they're either optional or something so everyone can get the experience they want.

So, we now need to decide on the name. (Not sure how to set up a second poll because the first doesn't seem to have any ways to be removed) Any ideas?

Also, what taskforces would people prefer to be sorted into. When we have the taskforces, I will create a thread for each one where they can then do the work they need to do in an organised way. My preferred taskforce would be the Art taskforce, but if everyone wants that and there's not enough for region, i'll join the region taskforce. I've edited the Original Post so it's more organised, shows a basic description of our region that will be expanded as we decide on our stuff and have useful links (That we will soon create) and have the taskforce lists.
    I can remove the first poll and you can add the second one if you want.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I can remove the first poll and you can add the second one if you want.
    Yes please! :D
    Ok, so the results of the poll are that the region will be based off Ireland, however, what we will most likely do, is embellish it with areas that aren't from Ireland to flesh out the region. e.g. Add mountains/deserts etc. With this in mind, we now need to come up with names.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I will be happy to do writing and worldbuilding
    So Shall I put you down for the Region Taskforce? The Description Taskforce would fit just as well if you want to do writing, so it's up to you. :)

I've looked through and so far, the two names I can find, are Eire and Ogygia. Anyone got any more suggestions? When we maybe have 4 or 5, I will create a second poll on here for the name and then we have our region name. Then we can split off and start our stuff. When we have the name, I will create a number of threads for each section. I will create a Pokemon concept submission thread where people can submit their ideas for pokemon, whether it be legendaries, starters etc. [The Art and Description Taskforce will have to work together to come to a decision on how many pokemon they want in their region and which from the submission thread to accept] Each taskforce will get their own thread too.
    This could be a decent time to have a subforum for it, but it's still practical if it stays here as well.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Senior Moderator

@Coru

Region is fine--once we have a semblance of a Pokedex, I can start raiding folktale books for lore ideas.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@EmeraldSky
    Cool, With the region taskforce, that seems the most vague, you can come up with any history surrounding the region and the towns and if there are any peculiar places in it. Same with the NPCs. You can also create art for these. That is quite a lot to do, so maybe have a few more in that taskforce than the first two or something.
    Do you guys think I should split that taskforce into two, with one being Region Geography and other being Characters?

Senior Moderator

@Coru

Maybe have one team designing the world itself and lore, and another team for characters?

7. This post has been liked by:

Coru 

i voted australia because i'm self centred
    also because i don't know the shape of the other ones

I want to help! I don't know what I could do but I would like to help. O:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    i voted australia because i'm self centred
    also because i don't know the shape of the other ones

I want to help! I don't know what I could do but I would like to help. O:
    Yes definitely! You can do whatever you want to help, The Taskforces are on the original Post so if you want, choose one of those to be put into. If you're not sure yet, we still have a few decisions to make on here before we start up our tasks, so suggest anything you want to see in the region, such as a name of the region and when the Pokemon concept thread goes up, submit as many ideas as you like. :D

[Sorry for the double post]
    Hi guys, there hasn't been any activity on here for about two weeks, so to kickstart it up again, i'd say we should choose between the names Eire, Ogygia or Failte.

Eire is the name of the Matron goddess of Ireland and the name that many people use to refer to Ireland
    Ogygia, from Greek Mythology is an Island named in Homer's Odyssey that has been used to refer to Ireland.
    Failte is an Irish phrase than means welcome.

When we have the name I'll set up a number of threads that can help kick this off (Thread for each taskforce and a pokemon concept submission thread)
    @Caite-chan could you remove the current poll pls :D
    Lets kick this thing off and get some creativity flowing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Coru View Post
    [Sorry for the double post]
    Hi guys, there hasn't been any activity on here for about two weeks, so to kickstart it up again, i'd say we should choose between the names Eire, Ogygia or Failte.

Eire is the name of the Matron goddess of Ireland and the name that many people use to refer to Ireland
    Ogygia, from Greek Mythology is an Island named in Homer's Odyssey that has been used to refer to Ireland.
    Failte is an Irish phrase than means welcome.

When we have the name I'll set up a number of threads that can help kick this off (Thread for each taskforce and a pokemon concept submission thread)
    @Caite-chan could you remove the current poll pls :D
    Lets kick this thing off and get some creativity flowing. :)
    I unfortunately can't delete polls as I don't have that power the only thing I can do was close the poll.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]