Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

Another idea is to try transplanting the Pokeworld into a whole new genre like fantasy (which is what I'm doing with my RP "Pokemon: The Song of the Elements"--but it's meant to salute both the 20th anniversary of Pokemon, and the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

2. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Well it's a Pokemon adventure RP + D&D a little so there's definitely some sort of elements in it
    Yup. I don't want to start it too huge yet. Start off small, make it interactive for the most part. Then D and D mostly comes into play when u explore forests and routes. End of the day you earn items, poke cash, etc.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Sounds like it would be something interesting to try out. If anything test out some things or ways to run it. See what you think might work. Stretch the ideas out a bit to see what does and doesn't work.

Personally, I've never been super active on "RPing." Well actually in a small way, yes. Back on my other forum (old now since it seems like it's on it's last leg even after we moved) had a fight system where we could have our characters fight each other by a turn based system we created and changed over the years (all Naruto related, so basically ninja sparring). best part was, for the most part it was fun and effective. Once we switched sites we did a whole (or the creator) made a whole revamped spar system and made us all start from scratch with new "basic" moves/skills and all. Even though all my hard work went down the drain, the new system was great and in the end...I once again became the top of the class (basically promoted to learn new skills and etc). Sadly they will never be used since after that tournament....the site went dead and everyone seems to be not interested or busy.

So if you consider that RP (I'd say it's a form of it) then yeah I still love the idea of it. Looking around here more lately it looks interesting and I'd like to take part in one here soon for sure.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Sounds like it would be something interesting to try out. If anything test out some things or ways to run it. See what you think might work. Stretch the ideas out a bit to see what does and doesn't work.

Personally, I've never been super active on "RPing." Well actually in a small way, yes. Back on my other forum (old now since it seems like it's on it's last leg even after we moved) had a fight system where we could have our characters fight each other by a turn based system we created and changed over the years (all Naruto related, so basically ninja sparring). best part was, for the most part it was fun and effective. Once we switched sites we did a whole (or the creator) made a whole revamped spar system and made us all start from scratch with new "basic" moves/skills and all. Even though all my hard work went down the drain, the new system was great and in the end...I once again became the top of the class (basically promoted to learn new skills and etc). Sadly they will never be used since after that tournament....the site went dead and everyone seems to be not interested or busy.

So if you consider that RP (I'd say it's a form of it) then yeah I still love the idea of it. Looking around here more lately it looks interesting and I'd like to take part in one here soon for sure.
    I'll try to make it more rp gamish and not make it too cliché as per say. I'm currently working on the plot and to be honest I think it might work. I try not to make it too dark themed, but slight idea; shipwrecked into a new region; travel as pair or groups of three. Explore routes/forests/etc. Get to a checkpoint, D&D reward box (determines what the rpers get for their efforts thus far) then move forward. I might put up some small side quests which won't take too long to complete but it's for interactivity purposes.

Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    I'll try to make it more rp gamish and not make it too cliché as per say. I'm currently working on the plot and to be honest I think it might work. I try not to make it too dark themed, but slight idea; shipwrecked into a new region; travel as pair or groups of three. Explore routes/forests/etc. Get to a checkpoint, D&D reward box (determines what the rpers get for their efforts thus far) then move forward. I might put up some small side quests which won't take too long to complete but it's for interactivity purposes.

Double post for the lulz! So anyways I tried doing a plot which wouldn't be too similar but I tried to make it a little dark themed as well.

DA PLOT. (I'm not going to make the post too official like but give a rough idea of what's going on so mind the language when you guys read ^^)

It's been 3 years since Zygarde wrecked **** and send both xerneas and yveltal into some form of isolation. Zygarde itself went missing and it was quiet for a while throughout the Pokemon world.

Until on a certain day, the region professors most notably Elm, Birch, Rowan, Juniper and Sycamore went missing. Reports claim that they were working on a recent project which relates to a brand new region found a few kms away from Kalos. The head authority for the professors, Oak was last seen boarding a ship from Viridian in the hopes of looking into this matter, but not long before he too, disappeared with the ship, along the coasts of viridian port.

Inspector Looker has been called forward to investigate this matter and he has called upon the region champions to aid him. However, there has been no leads so far and the champions themselves are clueless. With brand new trainers on the rise and the challenge from trainers who have risen to the top of the league, the region has been chaotic a little. Looker had no choice but to dispatch a new group of trainers, and send them into the new region that the professors were last seen working for, in hopes of at least getting a lead to his investigation.

He has sent invitation to trainers all around the world hoping he could garner the attention of a very selective few...

-----

Too cliché? :'3

Senior Moderator

I'm curious about what happened three years before--did Xerneas and Yveltal provoke Zygarde somehow? Or did Zygarde go on a rampage for no good reason?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Administrator

I feel as if it were a new region it would have to mean "new Pokemon." Unless you mean to make it like say "new islands" appears off the wester coast of Kalos. Or they somehow plan to travel to the "new region" but end up getting sucked into another deminsion instead (which would lead the to believe it's the new region).

Including Looker in some way sound really interesting though! Yeah coming up with an idea that just fits is tough.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I'm curious about what happened three years before--did Xerneas and Yveltal provoke Zygarde somehow? Or did Zygarde go on a rampage for no good reason?
    Zygarde being known as the Order Pokemon and pretty much is stagnant or rests motionless until it senses some sort of disturbance in the eco system; I don't see it rampaging for no reason. But it's a good idea it throws us all off why would it go on a rampage when there's peace in the world? I could work on this instead; kinda makes me think a bit deeper into my plot. Like is the region really peaceful? If so why the professors disappeared? What happened to them? Why is looker called looker?! Thanks for the input Em :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I feel as if it were a new region it would have to mean "new Pokemon." Unless you mean to make it like say "new islands" appears off the wester coast of Kalos. Or they somehow plan to travel to the "new region" but end up getting sucked into another deminsion instead (which would lead the to believe it's the new region).

Including Looker in some way sound really interesting though! Yeah coming up with an idea that just fits is tough.
    I was thinking to add in a new region just as it is but it integrates pokemon from all the region's and primarily I was thinking to bring back the shadow pokemon but with a new twist. Most or all of them seem to miss a part of their emotion. (Happy , sadness , anger , jealousy, etc) and by battling them and with a help of my dice rolls you happen to fill in what their heart is missing (4 empty bars), you will befriend them much easily. Because of this, they also happen to evolve much faster plus grow stronger because their connection with you as their trainer who filled in what they missed , they will be much stronger than any wild or evolved pokemon. (Remember anime that one guys meowth beats the crap out of all pokemon in the league?) It's the total opposite of the Shadow Pokemon mechanics. I either try this new jiggy out or stick with the ol shadow pokemon hijinks.

Hoopa plays a huge part in this rp. Along with...someone else..

Woot for double post! Anyways, for the dungeon crawler or D&D part of the RP, I've found a pretty sweet website that generates dungeons at my own settings which I thought would be frigging useful for the RP. Basically during any venture throughout a certain forest/cave/dungeon/etc, I'll post a map (and depending on the RP story flow) all the RPers would start the same point, or paired up at different points, or solo. Each has its own pros and cons, but that's the general start of the flow.

Some sample map I made off of paint. If I started using photoshop again, the quality and a few certain things would be much more pleasing, aesthetically xP

So what happens during these dnd ventures, All RPers post, and the Game Mod (me) make the update post;

keeping battle mechanics very simple and not too calculative, posting stuff like what items/money/pokemon you find apart from the ones in the map, and of course, some boss battles before the exit
    This is pretty much the d&d aspect of the RP. The rest are just walls of text and story stuff :'3
    Last edited by Trainer17; 02-17-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Oh damn, I was going to ask if anyone would be interested in a Fantasy D&D style game, but someone is working on a D&D style game already lol. Well, the game mechanics I have in mind would still be different (Probably simpler), and it would be fantasy, not Pokemon, so if anyone would be interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Oh damn, I was going to ask if anyone would be interested in a Fantasy D&D style game, but someone is working on a D&D style game already lol. Well, the game mechanics I have in mind would still be different (Probably simpler), and it would be fantasy, not Pokemon, so if anyone would be interested...
    Or we could both be game masters and work out something together 8D