Page 13 of 513 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    *Hears the term "Latest Steven Universe Episode" and can do nothing about his incompetence because he's still on what Hulu has, which stops at "I Am My Mom"*

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    *Hears the term "Latest Steven Universe Episode" and can do nothing about his incompetence because he's still on what Hulu has, which stops at "I Am My Mom"*
    Quartz Universe on Youtube and KissCartoon my friend. Use them.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Meanwhile I haven't even seen one episode of Steven Universe.....besides when my cousin's kid was over once and it wasn't even episode one. So I didn't know what was going on or if it was even important xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I saw the first series of Steven Universe recently. Waiting for them to repeat season 2 now. Though it was the UK version, which has random censoring...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Haha I love the random censorship.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I've only heard about it, but the things I've heard weren't too good. A friend of mine can't stand it at all. :P

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I've only heard about it, but the things I've heard weren't too good. A friend of mine can't stand it at all. :P
    The random censorship or the show itself?
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    The random censorship or the show itself?
    Mainly the show as a whole. He didn't mention anything about the censorship.

I think this was before the censorship thing happened.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Mainly the show as a whole. He didn't mention anything about the censorship.

I think this was before the censorship thing happened.
    Ahh. I mean I guess to each their own. The show is somewhat long, though I think we are reaching the end of it after so long. It's been running since I was like... a sophomore in high school I think. I didn't actually pick it up until it was three seasons in and it's been a roller coaster ever since. The story is quite original in its concept, though there are a few other shows that are similar but not quite the same. The main thing that makes this show stand out from the others is that it is a kids show. For the most part it's very childish, with fluffy episodes all around as best shown with this recent release, where 3 out of the 5 episodes were totally just cute fun stuff. But on the flip side, if you're old enough to understand the nuances, the show actually tackles some pretty tough topics. The most obvious one being that the gems are all female which means the ones that are in a relationship together are lesbians, and it handles that quite well when the censorship isn't involved. But it also discusses things like abusive relationships, growing up, and other things that aren't G rated so I can't mention them here through the use of the concept of fusion. While the art style isn't the most consistent and it does have a fairly long run (with the first season some fifty episodes alone), it has its serious moments and a great plot. And while the major plot twist of the show was predicted by a majority of the community fairly early on, the creators did really well to throw us off the scent, thinking it couldn't be possible. Overall, while the first season is mostly filler until you get the last couple episodes, I think the show is worth watching. It's got a fairly lovable and unique cast with memorable side characters and a notable passage of time, something I feel a lot of children's shows tend to lack these days.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

A lot of shows tend to miss out on all those these days yeah. it's rare and in few just like video games too. It's all about action or graphics, or who can make it the most brutal. While in fact it's not necessary to make something amazing and beautiful. Games like Undertale, Oneshot, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon prove this otherwise. Very few TV series do this as well.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..