Page 311 of 513 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 5121
    Administrator

I've tried to limit what comics I read. I don't wanna read too many at once. Gets too complicated.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah the problem with sites like Smackjeeves and dA is the comics there tend to be relatively inconsistent with updates so you kinda have to keep consuming more if you want to keep being entertained.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah the problem with sites like Smackjeeves and dA is the comics there tend to be relatively inconsistent with updates so you kinda have to keep consuming more if you want to keep being entertained.
    My guess is the comic authors get busy with other stuff and sometimes just don't have the time to do regular scheduled updates.

Seeing what other people do has helped me with getting stuff prepared for Team Buckshot. So far, I have five pages outlined and the first one is about 75% finished. And it looks glorious so far. I'm not going to get an itchy trigger finger, though. I vowed ten pages in advance first, then I'll clip the grand opening ribbon. Reason for this is because if I feel I can't keep it together or I run into big problems before reaching page 10, then I honestly shouldn't be posting it just to have people start it only to watch it flop barely out of the starting gate.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    My guess is the comic authors get busy with other stuff and sometimes just don't have the time to do regular scheduled updates.

Seeing what other people do has helped me with getting stuff prepared for Team Buckshot. So far, I have five pages outlined and the first one is about 75% finished. And it looks glorious so far. I'm not going to get an itchy trigger finger, though. I vowed ten pages in advance first, then I'll clip the grand opening ribbon. Reason for this is because if I feel I can't keep it together or I run into big problems before reaching page 10, then I honestly shouldn't be posting it just to have people start it only to watch it flop barely out of the starting gate.
    Oh yeah no it's no fault on the authors' parts. I was just making the distinction since like Webtoons or Hiveworks Comics tend to be a bit more consistent (likely because these authors are making a living from these comics).

lol well you're further along than me. I'm still working on sketching pages. I've been working on the outline for the story along and along though so I've not been sitting on my butt doing nothing.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Oh yeah no it's no fault on the authors' parts. I was just making the distinction since like Webtoons or Hiveworks Comics tend to be a bit more consistent (likely because these authors are making a living from these comics).

lol well you're further along than me. I'm still working on sketching pages. I've been working on the outline for the story along and along though so I've not been sitting on my butt doing nothing.
    Ah, yeah, that would make sense. Quitting my current day job to do that kind of thing would be one of those "if I won the lottery" kinds of things. XD

The first page is taking a while because one, lots of backgrounds were needed to build the setting and even while doing the first page, I found better and faster ways to do things, but it meant having to do things over again for consistency. That and I kind of got into the habit of cramming a lot of panels into one page, which was something I kind of picked up from the community comic and PXFIRE pages. Page one and two are a bit panel-heavy, but then later on, I kind of stopped doing that because I'm not restricted on space anymore. Having only three or four panels on a page is perfectly fine and I don't have that feeling of "get everything crammed into one page because that's all you're limited to" kind of feeling.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ah, yeah, that would make sense. Quitting my current day job to do that kind of thing would be one of those "if I won the lottery" kinds of things. XD

The first page is taking a while because one, lots of backgrounds were needed to build the setting and even while doing the first page, I found better and faster ways to do things, but it meant having to do things over again for consistency. That and I kind of got into the habit of cramming a lot of panels into one page, which was something I kind of picked up from the community comic and PXFIRE pages. Page one and two are a bit panel-heavy, but then later on, I kind of stopped doing that because I'm not restricted on space anymore. Having only three or four panels on a page is perfectly fine and I don't have that feeling of "get everything crammed into one page because that's all you're limited to" kind of feeling.
    Oh yeah definitely lots of this creators didn't get to where they are overnight either so it's not something I'd recommend doing by a long shot. XD

Yeah My pages are kinda the same. I think the thing that's holding me up is I'm trying to get the sketches exactly the way I want them when in reality I should just get them done and worry about how stuff looks later. Also some of the stuff I already colored is trapped on my Dell laptop for some reason so I've been trying to recover that too otherwise I might have to start over.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Oh yeah definitely lots of this creators didn't get to where they are overnight either so it's not something I'd recommend doing by a long shot. XD

Yeah My pages are kinda the same. I think the thing that's holding me up is I'm trying to get the sketches exactly the way I want them when in reality I should just get them done and worry about how stuff looks later. Also some of the stuff I already colored is trapped on my Dell laptop for some reason so I've been trying to recover that too otherwise I might have to start over.
    Well, sketches are sketches. Don't worry too much about them, as it's the final linework that should get more of the attention. And there are times when I see minor flaws in my linework and I don't worry all that much about those either if going back to fix it is more trouble than it's worth. Remember that the reader is going to be plowing through these pages, so don't sweat it too much. I mean heck, I've even noticed tiny mistakes and inconsistencies in a Deadpool comic book I have, but you'd have to be deliberately on the lookout to notice them.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well, sketches are sketches. Don't worry too much about them, as it's the final linework that should get more of the attention. And there are times when I see minor flaws in my linework and I don't worry all that much about those either if going back to fix it is more trouble than it's worth. Remember that the reader is going to be plowing through these pages, so don't sweat it too much. I mean heck, I've even noticed tiny mistakes and inconsistencies in a Deadpool comic book I have, but you'd have to be deliberately on the lookout to notice them.
    Yeah I know but still I won’t be doing any lineart, the sketches need to be clear enough that I can go straight to coloring without much issue which can be a problem if the sketches aren’t very good.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

I find it amazing how some artists can do certain stages so easily.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I find it amazing how some artists can do certain stages so easily.
    Practice. Chances are pretty good they've been doing it for a while, and quite a bit of it as well.

I'll admit, if my younger self was trying to watch my current self make a banner, there would definitely be sheer bewilderment.