Quote Originally Posted by Brettles View Post
GCEA version: Platinum
Trainer Name: Matthias Grand (technically)
Link to stats: Sig
Word Count: 420ish

There are no words written in Matthias' journal. Just a series of strange crude heiroglyphics.

In years to come researchers will find the hieroglyphics impossible to translate until they show it to a squirtle who can read it to them.

“Squirtle! Squirt squirt squirtle! SQUIRTLE!”

Once they find a squirtle-to-human , translator they piece together the following transcript:

Trainer say he no want write journal. Not write ‘eveedens’ (I think I spell it good) that be used against him. Trainer give book to brave squirtle who write story of our journey.

Squirtle meet trainer and adopt him. They good friends and steal wallet together. Strange purple hole in air make us come to strange place. Lot of strange trainers, smell funny, come from strange places.

Very cold. Smart trainer find warm jacket. Dumb trainer not look at back of jacket! Make him look like princess. Squirtle laugh!

Big bang! Go investigate. At lake lots of things happen. Bad smelling Pokémon attack. Trainer not much help in fight. Me need to train him better. Me bash up smelly Pokémon then we leave to go see strange man in white coat.

Man in white coat seem smart. Know lot about Pokémon and strange purple hole that bring us. He give trainer strange trainer things to help catch new Pokémon. Trainer give me journal to draw in.

Meet new friend. Funny looking fire monkey! He like to break into and out of places. Very smart monkey. Squirtle take things from people but not so good at locks. Strange fire monkey can open locks for squirtle. Me like fire monkey!

Squirtle and fire monkey fight some Pokémon and beat them all. We is best team ever! We beat strange metal thing and two rock things. Fire monkey better at bashing metal thing but Squirtle better at bashing big rock things.

Strange man give egg to trainer. Squirtle look after egg. Squirtle very brave and strong and make egg hatch into good strong Pokémon like squirtle!

After fight we eat lots of food. Squirtle eat many cupcake. Squirtle like cupcake. Cupcake bestest thing to ever eat…

*It goes on for 3 paragraphs about Squirtle’s love of cupcakes. We will skip the rest of that part.*

Back on road we keep eating cupcake! Little bird try to steal cupcake from fire monkey. Squirtle laugh! Not let bird steal cupcake from squirtle! Squirtle protect cupcake!

Trainer catch little bird thing and it join party. Now squirtle have to train bird thing not to steal cupcake. Especially not cupcake from squirtle! Is my Cupcake!
I...don't know what to say. XD I just don't. This is definitely unique.

Well! I mean it's accurate. XD The only thing I could really suggest is that there are inconsistencies with capital S for "squirtle" and lowercase s. It would be fine either way, just sticking to one to maintain consistency would be better. Obviously this is from a squirtle's point of view so I can't really fault the obviously simplistic sentence structure. XD

As per the rules, though, if it's under 500 words it gets a deduction. D: If it had hit the 500 mark, you would have gotten a perfect score.

12/15 total!