Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, same thing with Cartoon Network. It used to be filled with great stuff and I was always bummed out we didn't have cable so I could watch it. Only when we were in hotel rooms or at other peoples' houses did we get to sometimes watch it.

Lately, I've heard they've gotten a bit political, also. That's definitely a big eh...

Administrator

Trying to start them out young now huh?

Yeah when I was young. My brother and I really only watched Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and Nickelodeon. We couldn't watch anything but those and some select cartoons. There were channels or games and such friends had that I never had RIP my dreams of ever playing Hey You, Pikachu

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I almost never got to play PMD: Gates to Infinity, as it was a very tough find and I could only get my hands on a used copy after searching and digging around. Some games and things are relatively easy to get your hands on, even if they're old. But some things are nearly impossible. I remember trying to get the board game Heroquest and that's very, very difficult to get a hold of without resorting to very sketchy Ebay listings.

But really, PMD: GTI is really not all that bad. Sure, may not be the best of the PMD games, but there's a lot of positive things about it. Great music, decent storyline, and it has Emolga. You could completely bomb on everything else but if it has Emolga, I can't possibly hate it.

As for Hey You, Pikachu!, yeah, I've never played it. It seemed like an interesting concept but I wasn't drawn in by the whole idea of having to blurt out verbal commands. That and it seemed like a rather very chill and casually-paced game and I usually prefer to have some action and intensity in my games.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

PMD: GtI might be the weakest of the PMD games but it's far from a bad game. The story is still really interesting for sure and I loved the music a ton. Heck, this game is what inspired the current incarnation of Lucky's Travels
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

I sense a disturbance in the force....

I feel it coming..

On topic, the only PMD game i played was Red back on the Advanced when it first came out. Never did finish it..

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Administrator

Yeah GTI was the weakest if you ask me. They came out of Sky thinking they couldn't do wrong and hit 7/10 wrong notes. Might honestly have just been a rushed just (like CyberPunk) to beat the new gen.

Yeah I mean I hear all these bad things about Hey You, Pikachu, but hey....it's Pikachu! I couldn't ask for more xD. Even Pokemon Dash looked fun (but a killer for the DS touch screen).

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Hope you all had a good holiday!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I don’t think GtI was THAT bad honestly. They changed a lot up mechanically yeah but I don’t think that’s a bad thing since there’s a fair number of mechanics that were introduced in GtI that stuck around for PSMD and RDX. Sure it didn’t stick the landing as well as the others but I would still say it’s better than many games out there. Just not as good as EoS or PSMD.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I still feel Sky was the best, because Sky had SOOO much extra stuff to the point where even if you had already played through Time/Darkness, there was almost like an entire extra game packed into Sky.

I hope, hope, hope they remake Sky on the Switch. That would be pure awesomeness and I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh definitely agree. I’d love to see places like the Future, Blizzard Island, and Sky Peak in a similar style to the RDX remake. Just because they did so well with the art for the environments in that remake.
    / / / / / / / /