Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The Diamond Ladies
    Safe House LZ
    Affected RPers: @Desolate Divine @Chakramaster @Noblejanobii
    (Bunnying Jirachi with Chakra’s permission)
    (Also, pretty sure I have Desolate Divine’s clearance to do this for Alyssa, but if you change your mind or this wasn't handled the way you wanted it to be, just let me know and I’ll tweak this. No worries. :)

Jimmy had explained that in order for the plan to work, the Ladies needed to be present, or at least appear to be. He also explained that keeping the Ladies as Pokémon would keep them safe, but then to Cassandra, it seemed like that part of the plan would only make sense if they stayed behind and didn’t try to confront “Karma” and whoever else was involved directly.

“…stop it.” Jirachi mumbled.

Jirachi’s sudden abrupt displeasure in the whole back and forward dispute made it clear the frustration was getting to him. Cassandra had looked at him as he had gotten very unhappy. And when Jimmy realized this, he had tried to confront the small wishmaker Pokémon, trying to assure him it would be okay.

And then Jirachi outright snapped.

Jirachi had smiled impishly and snapped his fingers, insisting it was time to have some fun. Before the whole group had even a chance to respond, Jimmy had begun to glow in front of everyone and then just vanished into thin air.

“No one leave this room without MY permission,” Jirachi snapped his fingers, engaging the room’s lock.

Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet were surprised and speechless. Did Jirachi just betray his own trainer? At first, Cassandra thought it was a bit comical that Jimmy had next to no control over Jirachi and it was annoying Jon to no end, but now she had a feeling Jon had a solid point with his concerns and the almost nightmare-like scenario unfolding before them was driving that point home.

“Ladies first as some humans I’ve heard say,” Jirachi told Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet as he wore an impish, mischievous smile. “How about you?”

“Whoa, holy cow, little buddy, calm down…!” Jarena replied, never expecting Jirachi to suddenly do this.

Avery had protested against Jirachi’s sudden intrusion, looking angry, but a bit concerned trying to act against a mythical Pokémon with so much power might be a very risky idea.

“We can discuss this,” Avery insisted. “We can lay out a better plan. It doesn’t have to resort to this.”

And then Avery mentioned this wasn’t something a friend would do, only an enemy, insisting that if need be, Avery would protect themselves from Jirachi if it got to that point.

“So much squabbling…” Jirachi shook his head, still smiling with carefree demeanor. “Can’t agree on this, can’t agree on that. Wow. Since when did all of you forget to have fun? I think party time’s been put off long enough, yeah! What do you think!?”

Cassandra suddenly had a feeling she knew why Jirachi had snapped, even though to others in the room, he looked like he was acting like a complete brat. She theorized that after asking Jimmy and the others repeatedly for some playtime, which would have taken no more than fifteen to twenty minutes of their time, it had been put off and denied again and again, even after Jirachi had done them plenty of enormous favors in the form of wishes. For a moment, Cassandra felt terribly guilty. Jirachi had, after all, granted her a promise of happiness and the Ladies sixty million in assets to pay off what would have been a crippling debt to the League… and yet they had not even given Jirachi five minutes of simple fun and play despite it being the only thing he had asked for in return…

Before Cassandra could say anything, a Ditto had materialized, and immediately got to work on transforming itself into Jirachi. Trying to neutralize the real Jirachi, Alyssa had called upon the Ditto to try and make Jirachi fall asleep…

“I wish for Jirachi to go to sleep for a while…” Alyssa had requested.

The Ditto had tried to replicate this wishing power, but couldn’t quite grasp it. While it had copied Jirachi’s moves and attacks and appearance perfectly, it was Jirachi’s signature trait that it couldn’t replicate.

“Aww, that’s not very nice…” Jirachi shook his head, cynically faking his disappointment despite still smiling. “You wouldn’t like being a victim of identity theft, would you? See, no one can grant wishes like I can!”

But before Jirachi could take action, Alyssa’s Ditto had tried to drawn upon the only trace of power it could wield, able to save and defend its trainer by dashing toward Alyssa and teleporting her and itself out of the room, vanishing with a quick flicker of light beyond what Jirachi could target. Where they were now, no one in the room was sure, but they had escaped from what Avery had deemed a “wishmaker gone rogue.”

“They’re no fun,” Jirachi commented, disappointed they had found a way to flee from the sticky situation. “Now then… where were we? Oh, that’s right!”

He had spun around and then turned to the Ladies with a mischievous smile, and suddenly Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet felt a ping of fear they weren’t expecting to ever have from Jirachi’s presence. All of them were backed into a corner and they essentially couldn’t escape. Even Victini had taken a step back, wearing a nervous smile.

“Vic-ti-tini…” (“That look in his eyes… that can’t be good…”) Victini warned them, trying to keep optimistic in the face of certain panic.

“Look, I’m… sure it’s just a misunderstanding, that’s all,” Cassandra smiled, trying to ease Jirachi’s feelings and hopefully reason with the mythical Pokémon. “No one meant to make you upset, Jirachi. People just… sometimes don’t agree, that’s all. But no worries, we can still be friends, right?”

“Of course!” Jirachi beamed a happy smile. “Friends make each other happy! And friends know how to have fun! And you know what would make me really happy right now and would be a ton of fun? Ooh, take a guess!”

“God-dammit, we’re screwed,” Violet muttered.

But there was a moment of concerning silence…

“Tick-tock, time’s almost up!” Jirachi laughed.

And then, nervously, Jarena had raised her hand, thinking this was like a quiz game show to Jirachi and if they didn’t answer in time, it would be bad news.

“Okay, I know the answer, but… it’s… maybe… let’s just not do that right now,” Jarena smiled sheepishly. “Later, okay?”

“Later later later…” Jirachi sighed, sighing but smiling. “It’s always later later later with humans. ‘Let’s play later.’ ‘Busy now, yada-yada-yada.’ Boring! Time’s up!”

And then Jirachi snapped his fingers again, and the three of them started to glow. Cassandra had recognized this kind of glow before, and it was all too familiar…

Here we go again...

“Bye bye now, see you soon!” Jirachi waved to them as suddenly everything went white for the three of them, leaving a very panicked and deeply concerned Victini behind, backed into a corner…

The Diamond Ladies
    Central Park (Poke Park)

Cassandra had awoken, but after opening her eyes, she immediately closed them again upon realizing what had happened, sighing and figuring she might as well go back to sleep instead of facing what would come next. It didn’t even take her two seconds to put it all together. And she already felt it. All around her, in the form of familiar brown and beige Eevee fur. To her, this truly wasn’t worth getting up for.

“Bun-earr…” (“Hey, Cass, you awake!?”) Jarena asked her, nudging her a bit with her paw. “Bun-ee-arry…” (“Uhh… yeah, we’ve… got a situation here…”)

“Fur-rreet…” (“I give up, I swear to god I give up.”) Violet growled before looking to Cassandra. “Furr-etttt…!” (“Cass, you getting up? Wake up already!”)

Cassandra didn’t budge, though. To her, this was worse than waking up on a Monday morning with a brutal hangover from spending all of Sunday night drinking. And right now, it felt like waking up was just going to put her through more madness.

“Eeveee…” (“Wake me up when this stupid cruise is over with…”) Cassandra mumbled to the two of them.

In the meantime, Jarena had looked off to the side of the PokéPark Playground, seeing a Pikachu get surrounded and poked at by a group of unknowing children. As she felt sorry for the electric mouse’s quandary, she felt there was something familiar about him. And then, she looked back to Cassandra, still trying to pretend to be a sleepy Eevee.

“Bun-bun-earry…?” (“Wow, what do you think made Jirachi go bananas like that?”) Jarena asked.

“Furr-rret!” (“Because he’s a complete brat with insane powers, that’s what!) Violet replied, looking like one very fed-up Furret.

“Evee…” (“No…”) Cassandra replied with a frown, finally ‘waking up’ and sitting upright with her long Eevee ears still drooping down. “Eev-vee-vee…” (“It’s because all he wanted was a little playtime from bickering, angry, violent, selfish people. And you’d think after granting heaps of wishes, including my wish of happiness and your wish of sixty million in financial assets to pay off our stupid debt, and even completing the aggravating transfer paperwork for you to make your life easier only to be criticized for it, we could have at least spent a simple half-hour having fun with him at the pool or at the arcade which would have been a good time for all of us, but no. That was just too damn much to ask for, wasn’t it? That’s what made him snap.”)

And then there was cold, hard silence among the three of them…

“Bunn…” (“I feel like crap right about now…”) Jarena sat down, having a feeling Jirachi would be arriving very soon.

“Fur-ret…” (“I… take back what I said.”) Violet replied, sighing. “Furrettt…” (“Yeah, I would be pissed too.”)

Cassandra looked to her, and nodded. She knew there was a lot at stake right about now if Jirachi were to go further over the edge.

“Eev-vee-vee,” (“Listen, Jirachi’s not a homicidal monster.”) Cassandra told Jarena and Violet, trying to come up with a plan to deal with this. “Ee-veee-vee,” (“When he comes, let’s have a good time, forget about anything else we’ve got on our schedule for today or if it feels like we’re hostages right now, and make up for the time we owe him. You even wanted this, didn’t you Jarena?”

“Bun..earyyy…” (“Uhh, yeah, kinda,”) Jarena giggled, flushing with embarrassment.

“Ee-veee…” (“Good, I think we’re all set.”) Cassandra smiled.

2. This post has been liked by: