Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Ayyy good luck on the shots! Be prepared to take it easy for a few days!
    My second pfizer was fine but I had anti inflammatories for three days because I was already sore from a sports injury...
    Some of my coworkers were fine until they were feverish- one even had her arm puff up! Seems like lots of different side effects, which were way stronger on the second dose, but they didnt last long.
    Yeah my art is pretty sore and especially yesterday I was super fatigued and had awful headaches. So I just rested the whole day. I feel a lot better now thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    CONGRATS! You're halfway there!

I had my first shot on Tuesday and my second Pfizer shot is on May 11th, so I imagine your 2nd is probably somewhere around May 15th?
    May 14! So ye you're dead on!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    May 14! So ye you're dead on!
    Ooh nice, I was only one day off!

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting this second shot done. I know it takes about another two weeks for it to fully take effect, but still, hearing what COVID-19 does to your lungs and seeing videos of the effects is just... erraghh. No, no way do I ever want to deal with that.

Still can't understand why there's still a lot of people out there that don't want to get vaccinated. My sister doesn't want it because she wants to wait until it's "perfected" but I'm like... why!? It's better than nothing right now. And then I have neighbors who have a daughter that's very anti-vax. It has never made any sense to me at all. It's like refusing to wear a coat when it's freezing outside because you believe somehow the coat will suffocate you... >.<

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Ooh nice, I was only one day off!

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting this second shot done. I know it takes about another two weeks for it to fully take effect, but still, hearing what COVID-19 does to your lungs and seeing videos of the effects is just... erraghh. No, no way do I ever want to deal with that.

Still can't understand why there's still a lot of people out there that don't want to get vaccinated. My sister doesn't want it because she wants to wait until it's "perfected" but I'm like... why!? It's better than nothing right now. And then I have neighbors who have a daughter that's very anti-vax. It has never made any sense to me at all. It's like refusing to wear a coat when it's freezing outside because you believe somehow the coat will suffocate you... >.<
    I literally got into an argument with someone about it this morning. A lot of the skepticism comes from the fact that people are concerned the vaccine was developed too quickly. Which normally would be somewhat of a valid concern. Vaccines normally take about 10-15 years to be properly developed give a take a little depending on how much funding the research gets. However, if there's already existing blueprints for a vaccine in the same family as the one being developed, it drastically reduces the time needed to develop it. It's why flu vaccines can be pushed out so quickly every year. The blueprint already exists they just have to alter it to accommodate the predicted strains. And COVID-19 actually falls under this case because there has already been research and development done for a vaccine in the coronavirus family thanks to SARS and MERS. That plus the considerable amount of funding the research has received has allowed them to push this stuff out SUPER quickly.

Additionally there is some skepticism around it being an mRNA vaccine since that's a relatively new type of vaccination. However, this is also rather dumb because this type of vaccine has been thoroughly researched for quite some time.

Thus in conclusion, there's no real reason to get it unless you just don't care about other people.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I literally got into an argument with someone about it this morning. A lot of the skepticism comes from the fact that people are concerned the vaccine was developed too quickly. Which normally would be somewhat of a valid concern. Vaccines normally take about 10-15 years to be properly developed give a take a little depending on how much funding the research gets. However, if there's already existing blueprints for a vaccine in the same family as the one being developed, it drastically reduces the time needed to develop it. It's why flu vaccines can be pushed out so quickly every year. The blueprint already exists they just have to alter it to accommodate the predicted strains. And COVID-19 actually falls under this case because there has already been research and development done for a vaccine in the coronavirus family thanks to SARS and MERS. That plus the considerable amount of funding the research has received has allowed them to push this stuff out SUPER quickly.

Additionally there is some skepticism around it being an mRNA vaccine since that's a relatively new type of vaccination. However, this is also rather dumb because this type of vaccine has been thoroughly researched for quite some time.

Thus in conclusion, there's no real reason to get it unless you just don't care about other people.
    Yeah, and really, who knows how many infections were prevented and how many lives these vaccines have saved already. This virus is just downright NASTY, and when you weigh the pros and cons of slapping red tape everywhere for this, we need these vaccines ASAP. And if it means a supplemental booster vaccine is needed later on to help boost immunities later on, heck, I'll take that too if it's needed. Working in R&D, I know how much federal regulations can slow down development of a product. They are brutal and tack on at least a few extra years and lots of money and resources. Given, I know we're trying to make this as safe as possible, but nothing will ever be 100% safe. Otherwise no one would ever be driving cars, no one would ever be allowed to play sports, and we'd never be able to leave the house.

But yeah, can you imagine how much damage being in lockdowns for 10-15 years while they tried to perfect the vaccine as much as possible? Seriously, I'm glad we have an effective vaccine out there, now. It may not be perfect, but it's definitely improving things and we need to keep it going.

Administrator

Yeah I wasn't about chancing getting the virus. My risks are higher than that having had lung issues. I didn't care which vaccine I got. Though some friends of mine are upset I got Morderna saying "I should've got the J&J vaccine cause it's the only one that really works."

I'm not about to sit around when a vaccine that can help protect me now is sitting in front of me. Sure there's bound to be plenty of changes to it over the years, but when you have to rush it this is what we get. You can't well sit around 10-15 years to wait on perfection. We'd all long be sick or dead by then if it started taking over worse. Which it will constantly resurface.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Though some friends of mine are upset I got Morderna saying "I should've got the J&J vaccine cause it's the only one that really works."
    Blatant misconception about J&J. The effectiveness of these vaccines is actually about the same in terms of prevention and such. J&J is only seen as more effective because it came out later and therefore, theoretically, helps against some of the newer variants of COVID, but that's unconfirmed at the moment because: A) They didn't have enough time to test it properly against the variants and B) the whole blood clots thing has pulled it off the market.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Blatant misconception about J&J. The effectiveness of these vaccines is actually about the same in terms of prevention and such. J&J is only seen as more effective because it came out later and therefore, theoretically, helps against some of the newer variants of COVID, but that's unconfirmed at the moment because: A) They didn't have enough time to test it properly against the variants and B) the whole blood clots thing has pulled it off the market.
    That's what I went off of too. I did research before getting it and they're all just as good as the other really. The whole thing about J&J is it came out later like you said and is unconfirmed to help against the variants. It's just weird both my friends fighting against it. One even used "being conservative" as an argument which....idk anymore. Didn't make sense. But I'm gonna leave that there cause not the place for politics.

Though J&J was pulled for the blood clot thing. I've heard they took off the pause on it. So it's back for now.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Honestly people who use politics or religion as an excuse to not get a vaccine disgust me
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

See it sorta surprised me they even did. I mean both follow about the same thoughts about that subject as me, but it shouldn't change anything. It is weird some of the reasons people are using to fight against it. When it's what we've been waiting on to help open the world back up.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Bleh it's so cold in the office today
    / / / / / / / /