Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Sometimes it can take a few months before you're cozy with a new job. My job with master data management took over a year to get used to just because there was SO MUCH STUFF going on that it took a very long time to get comfortable with it all. I mean heck, I've been in this job for a year and a half and I still get curveballs. But yeah, this role is CRAZY busy. It's rare there's any downtime, and if there is, it usually goes poof in a heartbeat.

But no matter what, NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER say you're low on work and you've got nothing to do to your manager. You can get badly swamped doing that and they usually won't pay you more because you're doing more. Make up work for yourself if you have to (such as just writing down how to do things and making guides for how to do tasks you usually do on a daily basis). Organize emails, folders, delete old email junk, do simple office clerical stuff.
    Yeah with jobs like that it's critical you don't put yourself in a vulnerable spot. Else you will make it a lot harder on yourself. I just got really lucky with mine I guess.

My boss even told me about the position I'm in and how he ended up choosing me. Where at first they kept sending him females and he told them "can I get some males." Most weren't great and he narrowed it down to me and one other guy. The other guy had no job, but he get kinda questionable when he answered a question telling him. "He'd quit the job for something else if he didn't like things." He liked how I handled talking over the phone so he chose me. Luckily I remember that day too. He so happened to call on a day I had off.

But yeah one thing my boss has flat out told me. So long as the job gets done he doesn't care what I do. I can sit in my office and watch movies on my phone, play games, do whatever I want. He didn't care if I brought in a big screen tv (clearly joking since site staff here wouldn't like that). I don't really do that all too often though. Unless I really don't have much. Last month was crazy with nearly 600 calls having to be made. This month is only around 300 and that's how it's supposed to be. They just forgot to switch it back to lower after December. So January was hectic.

I tell him all the time I'm game to learn more. So I'm supposed to be training in becoming a Collection Tech soon too.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-07-2021 at 12:09 AM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..