Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I've only sent out feelers when looking for houses. Bleh, real estate is expensive, tricky business.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I think I might've found another one that's good. Landlady seems very nice and she's offered two different properties to look at. Both are about the same size but one is like right across the street from my work so that's super nice. So I'm kinda leaning towards it. But my parents prefer the other property so we'll see.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I think I might've found another one that's good. Landlady seems very nice and she's offered two different properties to look at. Both are about the same size but one is like right across the street from my work so that's super nice. So I'm kinda leaning towards it. But my parents prefer the other property so we'll see.
    Pick the one YOU want! A short commute is great, saves time and fuel (sounds like you won't need to drive there). That's a nice deal-maker attribute to it.

Administrator

Yeah picking what place you want is for the best. Otherwise it'd leave you feeling a little out of place. I know your parents may have a good bit of say since they'll probably be helping with rent (at least at first). It's ultimately up to you since you'll be living there though. If it helps save of travel then why not?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

You’d think that’s how it’d work but I don’t get a vote despite the fact that I’ll be living there. Mom decides not me.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Well, if she's paying the rent and the one you want is more expensive, I don't see why it would be an issue if you pay the difference from what the other one costs.

But if you're paying the rent entirely, no way should this even be an issue.

Administrator

Lot of reflecting on life myself lately too. Had a discussion with my friend last night and it kinda got to me. On really deciding my plan in life too and what to go back to college for. It's a tough decision. I've got my core all out of the way. It's just deciding what. Cyber Security is REALLY big lately. Especially here in my city. The latest build and most up to date cyber security center in the nation. So it's worth looking into...again.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

I have heard a lot of good things about the field as well. Sounds like it would be interesting to get into, also.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Well, if she's paying the rent and the one you want is more expensive, I don't see why it would be an issue if you pay the difference from what the other one costs.

But if you're paying the rent entirely, no way should this even be an issue.
    The apartments are roughly the same price so it’s negligible either way (I’m not kidding it’s like $25 different). But I will be paying the entire rent so again, you’d think it’d be my choice. But alas, I do not get a vote.

Either way at this point I could care very little, since this will be one of the final decisions she gets a say in for a while.
    / / / / / / / /

That sounds like it kinda sucks!
    My mum had a hand in one of my most recent rentals too- also not because she paid, but because she had a strong opinion! "I love this place! I would live here! Dont leave it! It's so handy for me!" But eventually after I told her about all the problems with living there she agreed it wasn't the best... idk how much time you've got to change her mind or if she ever will though.
    Will you feel bitter about your place if you have to choose the one she chooses for you?

Two of my friends actually BOUGHT houses recently and wheeww that sounds like such an effort but also they all seem so relieved to no longer have to pay rent to a random landlord, and to be able to hang hooks, paint walls, or change things about the kitchens!
    I went to one friends house the other day and he had like, a smart lock on the door? It had finger print stuff and codes and sung a little song and logged who went in it and when. And he made all his lights voice activated! like WOAH SO FANCY! I dont think his parents had any say in it... but idk if his parents have met his partners either so I guess some people just live relatively family pressure free!