Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller & Abital Ecke
    Section B, Heahea City Urgent Care Center, Heahea City
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Chakramaster @Shruikan
    (Jarena bunnied with permission)

“I’ll try to get to you as soon as I can,” Jarena told Avery, hoping to offer some reassurance. “Tell your husband to just hang tight, we have some cold water over there by the cooler while you wait. It shouldn’t be too long.”

"Of course, I understand. Please handle the more severe cases first," Avery responded before heading over to a nearby bench and setting Abital down. They were well aware that a high fever probably didn't really compare to the folks who were coming in foaming at the mouth or with extra limbs. Avery could agree that those definitely seemed like cases that warranted a higher priority. They just hoped the doctors wouldn't wait too long, since a fever, especially one that had already lasted several days, wasn't any laughing matter either. If Abital's body temperature got too high, he could start to have seizures and possibly even brain damage, though in the latter case Abital would have to reach a temperature of 108 degrees Fahrenheit, which wasn't something any normal fever reached without outside influence. But, then again, with wasn't a normal fever either.

Avery walked over to the water cooler and fetched a bottle of cold water. Helping Abital sit up, Avery made sure he drank a little water before letting him lie back down to rest. They poured a bit of water on an available wash cloth and set it down on Abital's head, hoping it would help to lower the fever's temperature some. Meir sat down on the floor in front of the two, watching his partner with concern. "Rai rai?" (Will he be alright?) Meir asked.

"I think so," Avery answered quietly, "The cold water will help him hold on for a bit longer. Plus the doctor said she'd get to us soon so you don't need to worry." Avery reached out and scratched Meir behind one of his ears. "You've been a huge help these last few days. We should get you to a Pokemon center if we can. You deserve to get treated too with all the damage you've sustained from the fights against the ghost types."

"Rai rai. Raichu!" (I suppose that's true. I just want to protect Abital!)

Avery chuckled. "I can understand. I feel the same. But for now we've done all we can do, so now we simply have to wait."

Avery watched as Jarena and Violet set to work on the other patients, removing hexes and helping treat some of the more severe symptoms that the many patients in the ward faced. Eventually, Jarena did make her way over to Abital as promised, dispelling the hex rather easily. Abital visibly relaxed as the fever broke once the hex was removed. Still a bit out of it, Abital weakly signed "Thank you" to Jarena.

"He says 'thank you'," Avery quickly translated, in case Jarena didn't know sign language. "And thank you from me as well. I really appreciate all you're doing here to help people."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by: