Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Yup. That's exactly me. Every day after work I just feel exhausted. Typically it's from the heat. Sleeping in hot weather is downright impossible without feeling sick or sticky. It's literally the worst.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

You know just how I feel. XD

With how hot it's been lately, I'm almost thinking of moving further up north, too. This heat has just been oppressive lately.

Administrator

You at least get cooler weather as it is. This hot and muggy weather is typical here in GA for weather year round. It's why I'd love to have a good paying job somewhere up north I'd love to live. Some place with not much crime and danger of living etc. oh and of course lots of snow. XD

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Me, I think I'd also like a place that's safe, fun, and not too expensive either. Too many places around the tri-state area are really, REALLY overpriced and it's gotten much worse lately.

But yeah, right now, I'm not sure where I'd want to move to. I'd like to be close to family, but it's hard to balance everything that I'd like right now. I'd have to give up something.

Administrator

yeah that's the thing. Some place safe with a lot to do and isn't insanely expensive. A lot of places I feel are taking advantage of price gouging since COVID. Cause people continue to pay for it anyway and they're already hurting for money.

See that's the sad part for me. I only have a few friends up north. No family or anything there. So if I moved as far north as I want I wouldn't have anyone...

The time is upon us...

I was lucky in that I told my family I like the cold and hate the heat, and begun moving toward Antarctica as soon as I left home... then over time some of my family agreed they were over the heat and humidity and were also like "hey you know what let's move to where we are comfortable!"
    So now I've got family in at least two cold places!
    ((Also some family in the warm states too... maybe it's just because we are so scattered that theres options like that))

I think I'm like Chakra in that snow is lovely and not a bore-- when I got stuck in Montana last year in March/April/May coz of covid I was delighted to watch snow falling and covering everything, even though the dogs and residents just looked outside with disinterest.
    So seasonal! Finally, Easter made sense to me, because bunnies and plants actually were coming out of the ground!
    In Aus Easter generally feels more like "hey you've survived the summer heres some chocolate that isnt deformed by the heat" xD

7. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    I was lucky in that I told my family I like the cold and hate the heat, and begun moving toward Antarctica as soon as I left home... then over time some of my family agreed they were over the heat and humidity and were also like "hey you know what let's move to where we are comfortable!"
    So now I've got family in at least two cold places!
    ((Also some family in the warm states too... maybe it's just because we are so scattered that theres options like that))

I think I'm like Chakra in that snow is lovely and not a bore-- when I got stuck in Montana last year in March/April/May coz of covid I was delighted to watch snow falling and covering everything, even though the dogs and residents just looked outside with disinterest.
    So seasonal! Finally, Easter made sense to me, because bunnies and plants actually were coming out of the ground!
    In Aus Easter generally feels more like "hey you've survived the summer heres some chocolate that isnt deformed by the heat" xD
    Lucky! All my family is here in the south US. Where everything is far too hot for my comfort. Having family where you know you can count on someone if you need help is nice.

Yeah I've always loved snow. It's been nearly 6 years since I've even seen a flake. It's so depressing and I hate it. :(

At least we had colder weather last year/this year. Typically it didn't even get below 50. If it did it wasn't by much. I'd just love to be able to even see a good snowstorm like that in person. Even if it was just once.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

For me, humidity is just unbearable. Bleh, nothing like being surrounded by heavy, weighted, muggy atmosphere that feels hot but evades air conditioning.

Administrator

Yeah humidity kills me here. It just feels terrible. It's been a little over 80% here lately. Had to cut the grass yesterday and the air felt so heavy to me. I felt totally exhausted after the front yard, but I pushed myself to get the back done too. Probably shouldn't have cause I was wiped out after. It's why I'd love to be able to move somewhere north where I can enjoy a REAL winter after a terrible summer.

You've been to Louisiana right Neo? It's pretty bad there too like it is here. Especially if you were in the swampy areas.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I was there for a little while for my brother's bachelor party. We went in April though, so it wasn't in the ground zero of summer. In April, it seems fine and I couldn't really complain too much about it, but yeah, I can't really say what it must be like in June, July, and August.

Bourbon Street is ridiculous, though. Every night, people are drinking and partying and there's all kinds of nonsense going on. EVERY. NIGHT. And there's just booze everywhere. I was surprised it didn't come out of the sink and shower. XD