Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Agreed, a Jirachi kigu would be SUPER cute!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes
    And Jirachi grants wishes, and your kigu will help you dream! I feel like its thematically perfect for a sleepy warm outfit.

Hahaha, oh gosh, just after reading this convo, my housemate starts talking to me about getting a new onesie because their skeleton one has died and a store they use has a sale on... and I'm like ooo $30 each?? But also... not cute pokemon options, so I'm way less tempted. Now I know what's out there, perhaps i'll save up!

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Maybe I should start a whole thread for kigus, because I have so many great ones with crazy pictures to share. The thread that Suicune's Fire started is pretty old, but that's the thing that got me trying them and loving them. I started with a basic, cheap flying squirrel one which I thought was great, but then I discovered others that were far, far better.

Thoughts of getting one for Zoroark, Lopunny, and Whimsicott have crossed my mind, but... I've got ten kigus as is, that's already out of control. But really, on a cold winter night, they're perfect and they're just irresistibly cozy. Man, I don't even have winter pajamas anymore. These have totally replaced those.

4. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Administrator

Maybe I should totally get the Jirachi one....xD need to move north if so to enjoy these more.

I could take a picture of mine, buuuuut I'd need to make it very cold in this house first xD. Didn't take any pictures (I've kept) while it was cold. Now that's near 5 months or 6 off. maybe

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

6. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Moving house just to wear a kigu more??
    Talk about determination!

I think I donated my old onesies to the secondhand store when I lived in a warm place- they take up a lot of room and I couldnt dedicate a whole drawer just to two things I never wore. Hopefully they went on to have fun lives with other people!

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post

I think I donated my old onesies to the secondhand store when I lived in a warm place- they take up a lot of room and I couldnt dedicate a whole drawer just to two things I never wore. Hopefully they went on to have fun lives with other people!
    Yeah, I had three that were cheap and are in the attic donation bin. First was the flying squirrel one, which isn't bad, but it's a bit shabby and didn't quite fit me as well. Then I had an Umbreon one, but that was not a great fit either and it was falling apart (the yellow rings are coming off). Then there was a flimsy Emolga knock-off one that didn't fit well either and left half of my lower legs uncovered. That's when I started getting them custom-made through Etsy to match my size and height and wow, there's a world of difference when you get a nice kigu that fits you well.

But yeah, like you said, I can't keep them in a drawer, either. They take up quite a bit of space.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post

Well not really "just" to wear one more xD. I want a colder environment. I'm dying in this constant heat with a near nonexistent Winter. It hardly ever gots into the 40s anymore here for a high in winter. I'd give anything for 30s or below during the day and actual real snow (not this fake southern snow we get once in an extremely rare year.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, I had three that were cheap and are in the attic donation bin. First was the flying squirrel one, which isn't bad, but it's a bit shabby and didn't quite fit me as well. Then I had an Umbreon one, but that was not a great fit either and it was falling apart (the yellow rings are coming off). Then there was a flimsy Emolga knock-off one that didn't fit well either and left half of my lower legs uncovered. That's when I started getting them custom-made through Etsy to match my size and height and wow, there's a world of difference when you get a nice kigu that fits you well.

But yeah, like you said, I can't keep them in a drawer, either. They take up quite a bit of space.
    Yeah when I was supposed to go to NJ back in February I tried packing that too. It wasn't working. Not unless I dedicated like an entire bag to it. Or just didn't bring things like certain clothes or the nice jacket and shoes I bought for the snow experience. I will find a way for next time though!

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Well not really "just" to wear one more xD. I want a colder environment. I'm dying in this constant heat with a near nonexistent Winter. It hardly ever gots into the 40s anymore here for a high in winter. I'd give anything for 30s or below during the day and actual real snow (not this fake southern snow we get once in an extremely rare year.

Yeah when I was supposed to go to NJ back in February I tried packing that too. It wasn't working. Not unless I dedicated like an entire bag to it. Or just didn't bring things like certain clothes or the nice jacket and shoes I bought for the snow experience. I will find a way for next time though!
    Guess it depends on if you want half and half, like cold snowy winters and warm summers, or if you'd rather just go full-on cold almost all the time. Because right around now, ugh, it's hot here and I'd sweat-soak myself wearing a kigurumi in this kind of heat.

And yeah... sorry about that. We're all vaxxed now, so if we get the kind of snow we did back in February, you're welcome to come see plenty of snow. And hey, if your Pikachu kigu is the only thing you wear the entire time, I'd have no problem with that. I can totally see myself going sledding with my Emolga kigu and pretending I'm gliding on the way down whatever hill we use. Though I will request you take a picture of that!

11. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Guess it depends on if you want half and half, like cold snowy winters and warm summers, or if you'd rather just go full-on cold almost all the time. Because right around now, ugh, it's hot here and I'd sweat-soak myself wearing a kigurumi in this kind of heat.

And yeah... sorry about that. We're all vaxxed now, so if we get the kind of snow we did back in February, you're welcome to come see plenty of snow. And hey, if your Pikachu kigu is the only thing you wear the entire time, I'd have no problem with that. I can totally see myself going sledding with my Emolga kigu and pretending I'm gliding on the way down whatever hill we use. Though I will request you take a picture of that!
    I mean I'm not looking for cold and snow 24/7. Some warmer days are nice....but here where I'm at where spring and summer are both nearly year round. Reaching 80s to the 100s and summer reaching near 100% humidity daily. Where winter is near nonexistent. The coldest we've had in years was this yeah. One night only we hit maybe 19? Others it was mostly lower 30s. Only reached freezing maybe 3-4 times. Only remember that cause I had to turn the sinks on before I went to sleep a few times.

Eh, better safe than sorry. I just wish the airline didn't try to cheat me out of $300. Still never saw that money back. Getting the same rehashed answer (that should really be a no brainer) got me nowhere. Better to wait this time too before okaying that xD....lest I get my hopes up. I couldn't wear the Pikachu kigu the entire time now xD. It'd get pretty dirty I'm sure. Heheh, picture or video? They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but they didn't know about videos back then!

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I mean I'm not looking for cold and snow 24/7. Some warmer days are nice....but here where I'm at where spring and summer are both nearly year round. Reaching 80s to the 100s and summer reaching near 100% humidity daily. Where winter is near nonexistent. The coldest we've had in years was this yeah. One night only we hit maybe 19? Others it was mostly lower 30s. Only reached freezing maybe 3-4 times. Only remember that cause I had to turn the sinks on before I went to sleep a few times.

Eh, better safe than sorry. I just wish the airline didn't try to cheat me out of $300. Still never saw that money back. Getting the same rehashed answer (that should really be a no brainer) got me nowhere. Better to wait this time too before okaying that xD....lest I get my hopes up. I couldn't wear the Pikachu kigu the entire time now xD. It'd get pretty dirty I'm sure. Heheh, picture or video? They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but they didn't know about videos back then!
    Yeah, I think I would get really tired of hot hot hot weather all the time as well. And ugh... humidity like that is brutal. It just saps my energy and will to do anything at all.

Man, that sucks you never got your money back. But yeah, let's wait and see on that, because we've had plenty of years where we've gotten virtually no snow at all. As for the Pikachu kigu, well, you could just use that for sleepwear. That's usually what I do, although yeah, they tend not to fit too well in a suitcase. It would be a tough thing to manage.

And hey, video or pictures, I'm cool with either one! Or both!

Administrator

Yeah, I think I would get really tired of hot hot hot weather all the time as well. And ugh... humidity like that is brutal. It just saps my energy and will to do anything at all.

Man, that sucks you never got your money back. But yeah, let's wait and see on that, because we've had plenty of years where we've gotten virtually no snow at all. As for the Pikachu kigu, well, you could just use that for sleepwear. That's usually what I do, although yeah, they tend not to fit too well in a suitcase. It would be a tough thing to manage.

And hey, video or pictures, I'm cool with either one! Or both!
    Don't get me wrong a little warmth isn't bad, but dealing with nothing but hot weather all the time....I hate it. Weekly grass cutting, yard work, and just constant headaches. The heat just bothers my scar areas too and makes it harder to breathe. I feel like I can actually breathe again when it's cold xD.

I still remember trying to fit that thing xD. Took up more than half of the bag. would either have to wear the new shoes I got for the snow there or I'd have to ditch the snow jacket I bought literally for the snow and cooler weather xD.

Wouldn't that be a sight for everyone to see? A Pikachu and Emolga sledding. xD

The time is upon us...