Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yep that’s exactly right. That’s actually pretty much what I did the first infusion and this time around I was editing video footage for work. I can’t really draw because it risks moving the arm with the IV in it too much but most other activities like playing video games are safe so you just sorta kick back for a few hours until it’s done.

Ayyy nice!! Definitely better to play it safe and get the shot. I’m set to get my shots in February. Both the flu and COVID booster. I have small windows during this treatment plan that I’m able to receive vaccines and have them be effective (since the treatment plan I’m on is killing all my immune cells), so hopefully that’ll work out too.
    That's good, stuff like that makes the time go by faster and gets your mind off of it. :3

I found I was just a month off from being eligible for the COVID booster shot. Well, hopefully it just means I'll be eligible when they do the next wave. It's usually fast and it definitely beats being horribly sick for two weeks.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    That's good, stuff like that makes the time go by faster and gets your mind off of it. :3

I found I was just a month off from being eligible for the COVID booster shot. Well, hopefully it just means I'll be eligible when they do the next wave. It's usually fast and it definitely beats being horribly sick for two weeks.
    Yeah exactly! I was there for like five hours and it absolutely flew by haha.

Hopefully you're able to get it then! I'll be getting mine the next time I'm able too.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah exactly! I was there for like five hours and it absolutely flew by haha.

Hopefully you're able to get it then! I'll be getting mine the next time I'm able too.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

I've been debating on seeing a doctor to see what they can do to see if I have "natural immunity" as some people are being found to have. Seriously knocking on wood here, but to have dodged it so much. It makes me wonder if that could help in some way.

Other than that, I can be eligible for my covid booster shot in December.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Well, no flu shot today. It's stupid, the sign said walk-ins were fine and then when we got to the pharmacy, they said no, only way to do it is through an appointment booked online. -_-

We'll try again sometime soon, but that's just annoying. :P

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ugh what that's so annoying!!
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Had I known, I would have tried getting one while I was out grocery shopping this morning. They've got a pharmacy there and they have flu shots but I figured I'd wait until I was with my Dad before getting it at our local CVS.

I also need a tetanus booster sometime. Been a long time since I've had one of those.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Had I known, I would have tried getting one while I was out grocery shopping this morning. They've got a pharmacy there and they have flu shows but I figured I'd wait until I was with my Dad before getting it at our local CVS.

I also need a tetanus booster sometime. Been a long time since I've had one of those.
    Ugh yeah well hopefully you can get it next time.

Hm I think I might be due for one of those too? I really need to check my records on that.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Last I heard from my doctor, there's something about it where you can't get the tetanus booster if you've recently had the COVID-19 vaccine. But I'm not quite sure how long someone needs to wait before they can get it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Huh really? Interesting I hadn’t heard that. Must have something to do with potential chemical interactions, if I had to guess. That’s good to keep in mind though since it means I’d have to hold off on receiving it until a later vaccine window in my treatments.
    / / / / / / / /