Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It's going to be crazy nostalgia to be Neo Pikachu with Matrix stuff again. It's how it all began before Emolga was created!

Although the very, very first PE2K name I used was FlyingLatios. Heck, I didn't even know how to create forum signatures back then or add them to appear below every post. Major difference compared to what I do now!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kantonian Muk View Post
    It's going to be crazy nostalgia to be Neo Pikachu with Matrix stuff again. It's how it all began before Emolga was created!

Although the very, very first PE2K name I used was FlyingLatios. Heck, I didn't even know how to create forum signatures back then or add them to appear below every post. Major difference compared to what I do now!
    You and Gemma both went by Latios and Latina's huh? XD

Flying Latios and Lunar Latios.

Haha yeah I remember seeing signatures like that on my first forum like "I WANT THAT!"

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Alolan Muk View Post
    You and Gemma both went by Latios and Latina's huh? XD

Flying Latios and Lunar Latios.

Haha yeah I remember seeing signatures like that on my first forum like "I WANT THAT!"
    Yeah, my first few banners were mainly cropped images from the Pokemon Heroes movie. It was... cheesy. My first forum was actually a CNet message board which didn't even have avatars and signatures, and then I forget where I went next to see them and said "whoa, those are cool, I want one and to know everything about what it takes to get one!" I think for that first forum, you had to have X number of posts before you got those features. I didn't stick around along enough for that and instead joined PE2K which didn't have that requirement, but it was figuring out BB code that I struggled with at first.

And once I figured it out, bang, I've been making forum banners and graphics for a dang, dang long time getting gradually better over time. I don't have access to any of my really, really old work back from PE2K, but I still have most of the good stuff I've made over the years.

Administrator

Yeah I'd imagine it takes years of good practice to learn the creation. Especially if you start to physically draw them yourself rather than using renders.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

The nice thing is I can do my own renders and backgrounds now, it's just it takes a dang lot of time. That's kind of why I just used already existing Pokemon renders and wallpapers for the DBR2 avatar and banner sets. I wanted those to look good, but they had to be quick, too.

And I'll admit, I recycled a lot of things from one set to another. It's hard to tell, but if you look very closely for certain similarities, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Administrator

Sometimes it's the simplistic way to make more. Sure it's creative to make new ones, but extensions on others are great too. After making so many I'm sure it's nice to go back to a previous style to see how you can upgrade it.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, but it was also a matter of "hey, why repeat the effort?" If I had the time and energy, sure, I'd try new things, but DBR2 often did drain a lot of time and energy out, so yeah, I'll admit I did cut a few corners. Not my usual style or way of doing things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Thanks for all the efforts! We had fun :D

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Administrator

And now I'm the super secret Squirrel....aka: "Cuddles." The Pachirisu. Should be a fun and interesting week. xD

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    Thanks for all the efforts! We had fun :D
    Glad you enjoyed it! Although yeah, toward the end I was getting pretty tired. We definitely need to figure out ways to make it shorter and easier if that game ever happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the Pachirisu View Post
    And now I'm the super secret Squirrel....aka: "Cuddles." The Pachirisu. Should be a fun and interesting week. xD
    It's a great look for you! And it brings back fun memories. xD