Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Jirachi View Post
    It's crazy how it's still really hard to get a hold of a PS5, though. :P

Meanwhile, I'm still here with a PS3. Still works perfectly fine, though the only game I've played on it recently was revisiting The Last of Us. Yeah... that's one of those games that would have been better without a sequel.
    Man I loved that game. Never again will I play that on the hardest difficulty. That was beyond crazy. I need to go back to it myself xD.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Fun Eevee View Post
    FFXIV is available on PS4/5 =D
    I don't have that either :( lowkey tempted to get one but I only know Persona 5 lol

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Man I loved that game. Never again will I play that on the hardest difficulty. That was beyond crazy. I need to go back to it myself xD.
    It's tough enough on Normal. Heck, it's pretty rare I will try a game on its hardest difficulty, and I usually only do that if it's a game I know and love very well and I feel confident I can handle it. But yeah, usually difficulty modifications really only change the numbers. When they make enemies bullet sponges and make you die in one or two hits, eh, I don't bother with those.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I think I'll try to save up for a new laptop for myself in the near future. My current Mac works fairly well still but she's seven years old by now so it might be time to retire her.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Jirachi View Post
    It's tough enough on Normal. Heck, it's pretty rare I will try a game on its hardest difficulty, and I usually only do that if it's a game I know and love very well and I feel confident I can handle it. But yeah, usually difficulty modifications really only change the numbers. When they make enemies bullet sponges and make you die in one or two hits, eh, I don't bother with those.
    Just Last of Us on the hardest difficulty. Resources are scarce as they would be in that kind of world. Making things like first aid and ammo hard to come by. No ability to listen to your surroundings like in easier modes. So just listening and watching. So using your environment helps. But those Clickers just made things tough not being able to easily just go and shiv.

Wouldn't blame you there Noble. A new laptop/computer is always nice once the old one starts to fade and die out.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Just Last of Us on the hardest difficulty. Resources are scarce as they would be in that kind of world. Making things like first aid and ammo hard to come by. No ability to listen to your surroundings like in easier modes. So just listening and watching. So using your environment helps. But those Clickers just made things tough not being able to easily just go and shiv.

Wouldn't blame you there Noble. A new laptop/computer is always nice once the old one starts to fade and die out.
    Clickers are just frustrating for the fact that it's an instant death if they even come close. There's virtually nothing you can do when realistically, you should be able to strike back by kicking, punching, dodging, holding it back like the NPCs do, or quickly moving in to pull off a quick shot. At a bare minimum, put in a quick-time event to quickly react to the attack before they bite you on the neck. But nope, Shiv Master is really your only defense against those fatal attacks. That's what really makes what would otherwise be a normal enemy be so intimidating.

Also, hilariously enough, I find the earlier stages of The Last of Us much harder than the later stages where you've got more weapons and tools to work with. Except for the hospital at the end. You get flanked once and you're toast. You alert two guys and one has an assault rifle and you're toast. Run out of ammo and you're toast. :P

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah definitely. This one still works and I've limped it along for quite a while, but she's definitely showing her age. I opened Photoshop the other day and it was saying my graphics card is out of date so that's no bueno haha.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

I think the last laptop I used (not counting my work one) was the one I got from my college way back in 2003. It was kinda scrappy and it was definitely pretty clear it wasn't meant for games, but it was able to do most of the Photoshop stuff I wanted to do. Although back then, I was kind of a Photoshop newbie and didn't even tap into like 5% of the resources it had to offer.

Administrator

My grandmother bought most of us in our family a laptop after my grandfather passed away back around 2004. It was one of the better ones at the time, but wasn't big for games and such. I didn't really get into the internet thing big as I am until late 2006. Then wanting to know how to create avatars/signatures around 2007-2008. A friend of mine got me CS3 (photoshop) and I tried, but could never figure it out.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

I discovered Photoshop in high school around the year 2000. I was taking a photography class and we used that to manipulate some of the imagery on a digital platform, and I immediately LOVED Photoshop for the crazy and cool things you could do with it. Although I didn't really start getting better at it until like 2004. It was funny, I saw other forum users on a message board with banner signatures and I absolutely loved them and wanted my own. I was absolutely driven to get good at making them.