Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, I would totally NOT put any of my stuff behind a paywall even after people have already paid one amount already. Man, that just feels so predatory and greedy. If I were to ask for a payment for anything I create (still have yet to do that anyway), I would tell people the full amount up front. But really, I think the most I would do is a Patreon and I would keep super-faithful to whatever I put on there as offers.

After Duskwoken Stalkers, I might start a new RP since I’ve had an interesting storyline setting come to mind. It wouldn’t be connected to Wishmaker or Spiritwater, so if you haven’t been in or following the events of those RPs, no worries. This would be totally new stuff with new characters and such.

Yeah, it wouldn’t be a big forum thing, but I kind of need a break from hosting those. Not to mention DBR was like the only other event thing I have to host and I’ve pretty much retired that completely. It’s just too much work and the battle system is busted (trying to fix it only seems to make things more complicated, too :P). But if someone else has a pretty nifty big forum idea in mind, go for it! Something fresh and new sounds like it would be fun. C:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Tip jars like Patreon and Ko-fi work too! Voluntary money giving.

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Senior Administrator

Ah yeah, I keep forgetting about Kofi! I've used that and Patreon to send money, but I've never gotten money through it. But yeah, I haven't been doing art commissions, so there hasn't been much reason for me to get payments from it. xD

Although that would be my Plan B, if I were to ever be laid off from my job. Do art commissions while looking for a new position, take a LinkedIn Learning training every now and then, and ramp up the production of my webcomic with Patreon/Kofi support to as least soften the financial blow in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Although that would be my Plan B, if I were to ever be laid off from my job. Do art commissions while looking for a new position.
    That's my position right now lmao, I'm not laid off but I had to resign while applying for a different school. I'm trying to set up my commission details, but setting up infographics, terms and conditions, and prices is quite a lot to manage lol

Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)

Administrator

Definitely need to have a set game plan though for commissions and payment plans for when you get a job though. Cause following through with commitments would be that much harder to just up and drop once you start a new job.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Yeah, and I would need to figure out pricing and come up with a pricing sheet, too. I think I'd have a tough time trying to put a price value on my work...

I just look at market prices and add a splash of self confidence lmao

Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)

Senior Administrator

True, but how does one assign a monetary value to confidence? xD

Its more like knowing your worth I guess? If you think you can offer your art at that price

Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I'd have to reach out to a few people I know that have some experience with this kind of thing and have them appraise my stuff. Then hopefully they could let me know what they think it might be worth and what people might be willing to pay for it.

Although I dread the "oh, I don't like it, I'm not paying" people. Or the people that keep wanting things changed and can't ever settle on something. I've run into plenty of people like that before. :P