Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Heck, that's the kind of thing that could get me to quit a game permanently.

I'll never understand why such a thing as EXP loss needs to be a thing. How on earth does that motivate anyone to continue playing? Sure, I don't think having some little penalty such as equipment durability damage and/or money loss is a big deal, but having to fight back for EXP lost just feels really demotivating to me.

Offhand, there need to be more MMOs with cute fluffy anthropomorphic animals as playable character races. Too many of them just seem to be humanoids and more humanoids and nothing fun, cute, or original.

Administrator

Yeah EXP loss seems like a major downside to a game honestly. It was actually prevalent in RF too. Once you hit Lvl 30 leveling becomes super tough after you "class up." Taking hours of grinding things you have a hard time facing alone. Even if you were at 99% and needed just 1% more. You could lose it all with one death. Oh but don't worry. The premium shop they had included items you could buy to restore your lost EXP. A 100% pill that restores all lost EXP. It cost more than $20 if I remember right. They had cheaper options though. Pills that restore 10-50% etc. it only being a chance at a certain percentage. It....was awful xD. I never used one except for when it was given to me free during a holiday event. One of the 10-70% restore. Only restored about 12% of the lost 7% exp. 12% of the 7% lost exp is so little it wasn't even worth it.

Yes I agree. More of the cute and adorable classes with fluffy animal like races to play as. Would be fun xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    More cutesy aesthetics, yes! Might as well hope for a Pokemon MMO in the future

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Senior Administrator

I'll admit, that was the major thing that drew me into playing Eden Eternal, one of those free to play MMOs. It featured a playable mouse race called the Zumi and they were just downright fun and cute to play as. I still have a few pictures of one of my characters that were this race:

Spoiler:

They had a race of frogs and bears that were playable, also (I forget their names). Sadly, they pulled the plug on Eden Eternal a few years ago and this MMO is no more, but it did give me many hours of great fun and featured a lot of cool stuff. Sad to think it's all gone, but I've still got these pictures as memories.

Still, we need more MMOs with fun and unique races like this! So few MMOs and RPGs have them. After a while, you kind of just get tired and fatigued of playing humans, elves, dwarves, and the usual run-of-the-mill stuff that just isn't creative anymore and feels like it's been done over and over.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'll admit, that was the major thing that drew me into playing Eden Eternal, one of those free to play MMOs. It featured a playable mouse race called the Zumi and they were just downright fun and cute to play as. I still have a few pictures of one of my characters that were this race:

Spoiler:

They had a race of frogs and bears that were playable, also (I forget their names). Sadly, they pulled the plug on Eden Eternal a few years ago and this MMO is no more, but it did give me many hours of great fun and featured a lot of cool stuff. Sad to think it's all gone, but I've still got these pictures as memories.

Still, we need more MMOs with fun and unique races like this! So few MMOs and RPGs have them. After a while, you kind of just get tired and fatigued of playing humans, elves, dwarves, and the usual run-of-the-mill stuff that just isn't creative anymore and feels like it's been done over and over.
    That's why I kinda like the Miqo'te race in Final Fantasy 14. It's good fun and not really a human, but a cross....

Spoil tagging this next part cause Endwalker spoilers...

Spoiler:
    But OMG I soooooo wish they would make the Loporrits a playable race in FF14. It's not gonna happen, but I wish they did. XD so flipping adorable.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    That's why I kinda like the Miqo'te race in Final Fantasy 14. It's good fun and not really a human, but a cross....

Spoil tagging this next part cause Endwalker spoilers...

Spoiler:
    But OMG I soooooo wish they would make the Loporrits a playable race in FF14. It's not gonna happen, but I wish they did. XD so flipping adorable.

Moogles as a playable race would be pretty awesome, too. But yeah, in FF14, the races really don't seem all that different from each other. All essentially humanoids with a few minor variations for the most part. And yet take another game like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2/12 and there's a vast variety of races that could have worked pretty well as playable races.

Eh well, maybe one of these days...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Moogles as a playable race would be pretty awesome, too. But yeah, in FF14, the races really don't seem all that different from each other. All essentially humanoids with a few minor variations for the most part. And yet take another game like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2/12 and there's a vast variety of races that could have worked pretty well as playable races.

Eh well, maybe one of these days...
    With FF14 there's Beast Tribes with the same animations as playable characters, yet you can't play as them without mods

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    With FF14 there's Beast Tribes with the same animations as playable characters, yet you can't play as them without mods
    Ah, that reminds me of some of the fun stuff Game Shark could do with Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1. With that, you could give your characters access to all the special classes that were only reserved for certain storyline NPCs and all the skills that came with them. So with that, you could make Ramza or other NPCs stuff like Holy Knights, Dark Knights, and so many other options. This added an immense amount of replay value to an already great game I had played through a ridiculous amount of times. That and some of the weapons and items that were an absolute pain in the butt to obtain could be added to your inventory easy-peasy. I mostly only used them when it was possible to obtain them through a lot of frustration and tears, but I just went this method to spare myself the trouble.

Overall, it was fun to do this just to add a little extra flavor. Sure, it was possible to just instantly max everything and breeze through the game, but instead I modded it just enough to add that unique flavor of getting to use special classes I couldn't access before. And I only used equipment and abilities that I felt were balanced with the rest of the enemies on the battlefield to still give it that fun challenge. Other times, it was also fun to try and tweak it in a storyline kind of format, like making Ramza a Dark Knight as Gafgarion's apprentice (also a Dark Knight) after joining his mercenary group. And then by Act 4 I made him a Lune Knight as a kind of upgrade over the passage of time that occurs in the story. Fun stuff, but yeah, normally the game doesn't let you do this at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I never tried using Game Shark back then, plus it kinda looks too techy for past me lol

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Senior Administrator

It took a lot getting used to it. You had to look up the codes online and then type them in manually. But once you got it working, you could save the codes and simply activate them upon playing the game.

But yeah, Final Fantasy Tactics was the best use of GameShark, but it did some pretty fun stuff for Final Fantasy VII as well.