Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I'll question 20 Jupo the Whimsicott ♀
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Type (Grass)

After the sun has gone down, you head to the Charms and Chimes gift store to talk to Jupo. The store closed hours ago, but she’s still there and likely in her second-floor apartment.

The light rain lightly taps and trickles all around you, although it feels somewhat refreshing and rejuvenating to a grass Pokémon such as yourself. By the time you walk all the way to the gift store, you’re soaking wet, but you shake the water off of your shrub back and off of your flowers and leaves. You then lightly knock on the apartment door and shortly after, Jupo the Whimsicott opens the door and greets you.

“Oh haaiiiii there!” she happily greets you, “Nice to meet you, who might you be?”

You’re a bit surprised Jupo still lets her guard down like this, especially in a time where the Stalkers are lurking around, but you think maybe she’s just always been like this.

You politely introduce yourself, telling her you’re trying to learn more about the Stalkers and to see if she knows anything and would be willing to help. You’re also interested to know if she’s seen anything strange lately.

“Ah, Lewisia!” she smiles. “Nice name! So… Stalkers… maybe… maybe maybe… let me think for a minute, but hey, let’s get out of the rain, shall we? Not a big fan of rain, you know! I get wet and it takes practically a week to get all this cotton dried off!”

You follow her upstairs to her apartment, taking note of the surroundings. Without a doubt, Jupo seems to love colorful, cute, sweet-looking things. Her apartment has the kind of décor and theming that you think a candy store would have. You can also see she’s madly in love with Narshen the Cinccino. She has love notes and happy doodles for him in the most random of places.

“So hey Lewisia, get this,” Jupo tells you as she pours a glass of hyper-sweet cola for you and her. “There’s some out of towners stuck here because of the Coast Guard telling them to stay on land for whatever reason. You know the guys, some sailor or scavenger types and stuff like that. Velay is one of them, but there’s this other weird guy. Ohu, or something. That creepy Dehlmise, guy! Yeah, I know, they’re weird!”

“So they come into my shop and… get this,” Jupo giggles. “They think I run a pawn shop! They actually try to sell things to me! Before I can even interrupt Ohu to tell them they’re a total poofhead and got things wrong, they’re like ‘oh, this is some rare and ancient item and I’m sure someone’s gonna be interested in it’ and I’m looking at this thing and I’m like ‘no way, that can’t be it.’ It’s a piece of junk! And it’s broken! Why would I be interested in THAT!? I’m no fix-it flunky either! That was totally weird. And I guess word go around and some Mienfoo guy… Krish I think his name is, tried to sell a key with a heart insignia on it to me. Now that… I almost bought because it did look kinda cute, but I don’t want this crazy rumor going around that I’m buying random stuff. Everyone’s gonna want to dump their junk on me and I don’t want that now!”

“Right, right, you mentioned Stalkers!” Jupo corrects herself with a smile. “Ah, I’m not worried about them. I mean come now, I’m not seriously a major threat to anyone! I just sell fun little gifts! They wouldn’t come after me now, would they?”

You look off to the side, not sure how brutally honest you should be with Jupo. You know the truth is the Stalkers do not discriminate against their victims. Anyone could potentially be a target. Even Jupo, regardless of what she does for a day job. Meanwhile, she’s drinking her cola and you decide to take a sip but it’s way too sweet for you.

“One thing was a little strange, come to think of it!” Jupo tells you, looking off to the side just thinking about it. “Terron and his little daughter Betta were in here yesterday because Betta wanted a few toys and things, which we do sell if you’re interested in buying some for a kid you know! It’s cute, though, Betta spends a lot of time with her dad, though the guy should ease up and enjoy life! He always seems so worried! She likes to draw with chalk and usually I don’t carry that, but I decided to sell it mostly for her and a few of the other kids that come around.”

“Okay, okay, so I know while that’s not usual, a few days ago I sold some chalk and a few other toys to Betta and Terron paid for them,” Jupo smiles, trying to recall all the details. “And then, fifteen minutes later, they come back to the store, Betta’s rushing in with panic and she’s like ‘daddy, daddy, help me find it’ and he’s like ‘help you find what’ and she’s like ‘oh, but I can’t tell you, it’s a secret thing’ and I’m giggling because I’m just thinking ‘honey, how’s daddy supposed to find it if you don’t tell him what it is?’ But she said she left something behind and I couldn’t imagine what. I mean heck, I don’t have all my piles and piles of inventory memorized, so if a kid left a toy or a thingy on a shelf, I’d never be able to tell what was theirs versus the regular store goodies and stuff! I mean I tried to help, but we couldn’t do much. Terron just had no clue what she was talking about! She must have spent a half hour looking up and down the shelves before giving up. I just told them I’d keep an eye out for anything unusual and she giggled. The whole thing was a bit odd, but I haven’t had them come back since.”

“Anywho,” Jupo tells you, finishing up her cola. “Can’t think of anything else at the moment, but if something comes up, hey, let me know!”

Give her a friendly nod and wish her goodnight. After heading out the door and back into the light rain, you decide to head back to Benni’s, and even though Jupo told you to take the cola home with you and you do just to be polite… you don’t foresee yourself finishing this…

Lewisia the Shaymin (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Gallade, Arctozolt, Galarian Rapidash, Mawile, Hisuian Typhlosion
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Sentry Armor+ (2H)
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I will untrap another item tonight.
    And we’ve got…

1. #[Eye of Shadow] Spirit Hemorrhage – DARK (4 Purity Damage))#
    2. @[Fang of the Crippled] Piercing Bite – ROCK (3 Health Damage, 3 Purity Damage)@
    3. @[Fang of the Broken] Piercing Bite – ROCK (3 Health Damage, 3 Purity Damage)@
    4. @[Bloody Thorn Wreath (Part 1 of 3)] Dark Lacerations – GRASS – (4 Health Damage, 4 Purity Damage)@

Going for #3, Fang of the Broken:

-------

Not wanting to head out into the rain tonight, you decide to see if you can take some of these Stalker items and devices and make them safe to handle for whatever they’re for. Unsure of what to start with, you pick one at random and take the Fang of the Broken.

@Piercing Bite – ROCK (3 Health Damage, 3 Purity Damage)# Trap 80% Disarm Trap Test: 6 out of 100: Success!

Carefully handling the Fang, you first use metal tweezers to hold the fang in place. You sense there’s a foul Stalker presence coming from this fang and simply touching it triggers this embedded curse.

Using a brush and some spare paint that Benni had in storage, you cover the fang with a clear, glossy paint as a protective coating sealant. It seals and locks in the curse with the coating now serving as a protective buffer while keeping the fang’s shape and stored power fully intact so it can be used for whatever the Stalker intended this for.

The @Piercing Bite – ROCK (3 Health Damage, 3 Purity Damage)@ trap on the [Fang of the Broken] has been disarmed.

With that done, the fang is now completely safe to handle for whoever needs to use it in the field.

Maya the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 19.5/24 | 5/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Gardevoir, Alolan Ninetales, Meloetta, Baile forme Oricorio, Cinderace
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    ChiChi will check out that Dorumigeto at the Rolyea House. I'll take some of the other kursouba items along to try to puzzle out how things fit together or where things go. Let's see if we can dig some answers out of it!
    Tonight, as the rain lightly falls, you gather the Majutsu relics that you have acquired, put them in a spare messenger bag that Benni lends to you, and you head out into the evening, heading directly east across the barren expanse from Benni’s farmstead.

It’s quiet here tonight, and as you levitate through the air, you see yourself illuminating the area around you with an almost mystical and magical light. The power of this Tatsujin trait you have gained still seems so mysterious to you, but as you’ve come to be enlightened by it, it’s not the deadly corruption you once feared. It seems as though it’s neither wicked nor virtuous, but instead an aspect all of its own.

When you arrived at the Roylea House, you see it’s been abandoned for quite some time, but unlike some other abandoned places in Seabourne, it seems like one of the less intimidating ones to investigate.

You first search the exterior, which the yard has become overgrown, but it doesn’t seem like anything drastically unusual has happened here. Even the house’s windows haven’t been broken, but they do look like they haven’t been cleaned in a long, long time and it’s very difficult to see anything inside. Meanwhile, the painted stone block walls have started chipping to reveal the gray stones underneath the coat of paint, but no significant damage has been done.

Quite truthfully, you feel someone could move in, clean it up, and it might be a comfortable place to inhabit, although it’s quite a distance from town. Besides that, there isn’t too much else to find outside, so you decide to head to the front door to see if it’s open. A few tings and soft chiming sounds from the windchime can be heard, but tonight it seems a little quieter than usual…

You find the front door locked, but entry into the house proves to be rather easy by going through one of the windows near the front door. One of them was even left open, so you raise the window, climb inside, and take a look around.

You immediately find yourself in a living room, and it seems the glow that comes from you now is also helpful for illuminating the room around you. Most of the old wooden furniture, the old paintings, the fireplace, and the grandfather clock seem to be in pretty good shape, although a bit worn and dusty. Still, you look around and you’re still not sure why this place was abandoned. As you look through all the furniture pieces, you come to the old grandfather clock and it seems something unusual is going on.

The hands of the clock are missing.

You first don’t think it’s all that big of a deal, but then you take another look. It seems as though they were taken out very recently. The dust that was clinging to the cabinet door was recently displaced from what must have been small paws. It seems a small Pokémon was recently here and tampered with the clock, but you’re not sure why.

It makes you wonder… might something happen if you put the clock hands back?

{Old Grandfather Clock: Missing Hands} has been noted in the Team Records.

You decide to continue looking around the house, now stepping into the small kitchen that again, shares a lot of the traits of dust and slightly worn furniture. It honestly feels like it has a bit of a homey and rustic feel to it with décor that reminds you of old country living, similar to what Benni has at the farmstead. While there isn’t any running water anymore and none of the lights work, you feel it still seems to be in decent condition.

You then head upstairs into the bedrooms. One of the bedrooms seems to be fairly empty with only a desk and a few boxes, which seems to imply someone recently moved out. The dusty walls and the discolored white squares on the gray walls imply there were pictures, diplomas, or something hanging on the walls, but was removed. The only thing now is the old oak desk, which still seems to sit idly in the middle of the room, waiting for someone. You search through it and you only find old writing pens that have dried up and a few graphite pencils and charcoal. There’s also envelopes and papers here, as well as old accounting ledgers and personal finances and banking information all belonging to someone called Kraine, a Floatzel whose whereabouts you can only guess at this point.

The other bedroom is where you find the Dorimugeto Dream Gate, hidden behind the old dusty bed. As you look into it, it looks to be an open rift, still swirling like a small whirlpool of cyan, blue, and violet-colored waves and ripples.

Knowing what you need to do now, you take out the [Atifakutotaburetto] artifact tablet, containing the instructions of what your request is and what you want back from Yume. Carefully, you slide the tablet into the rift and it submerges into the energies, as if being dipped into liquid.

“Take care of this, please.” the otherworldly voice on the other side tells you in a strange language you now can fully understand. “They’re tricky to make so don’t go breaking it now.”

“I understand,” you tell them in this new Yume language. “I’ll take good care of it.”

“Now that’s what I like to hear,” they reply.

ChiChi has used the [Atifakutotaburetto]

@{Dorimugeto (Dream Gate): Atifakutotaburetto} - ~3 Kurosuōbā~@

What comes from the Dorimugeto after that is one of the most mysterious relics you think you’ve ever laid eyes on. As the [Artifakuto] comes forward from the portal, you take it in your small black hands, and from a first look, it almost looks like a mechanical device of sorts in a diamond-shaped container that allows you to see all of its inner working components. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever seen, but the closest thing you can compare it to in terms of things you’ve seen before is an engine. An ancient engine made and forged in Yume, the realm of dreams. And it also seems to consist of several crystals of multiple rainbow colors, charged and running with a glowing liquid-activated mechanisms.

@[Atifakuto (Artifact)] - ~4 Kurosuōbā~@ has been added to the Team Inventory.

In addition to that, it seems a mysterious piece of jewelry has emerged as well, just a moment before the Dorimugeto gradually closes and disappears without a trace. You pick up the necklace, seeing it consist of three overlapping stars, one of cyan, one of light blue, and one of violet as a mysterious chain made of otherworldly metallic material forms a loop. You’re not quite sure what it does, but you wear it around your neck and suddenly… you feel a mysterious revealing power come over you…

ChiChi has equipped the +|J| Dreamwatch Necklace+ (Wearer gets notified if they speak or have spoken to a Stalker)

…suddenly, you’re shown a vision. A dream-like revealing realization of past time and answers you seek. An otherworldly, dreamlike awareness you didn’t think was possible…

…Raboa the Drapion…

…Zakra the Kadabra…

…Dantus the Dragapult…

…Kulsso the Rampardos…

…these four Pokémon… the ones you’ve talked to in the past… are innocent. None of them are Stalkers…

…none of them are struggling to fight a Demoni from within…

It almost baffles you for a moment, but suddenly it establishes a newfound trust for these four Pokémon. None of them are hiding as your enemy.

When you arrive back at Benni’s farmstead, you put the Atifakuto into the cabinet, and when it rests besides the [Kagami], it generates a reaction. Suddenly the Atifakuto seemingly springs into life and rapidly grows whip-like appendages which then latch onto the Kagami mirror. It then opens and transmits through to the mirror and melds with it’s glossy, reflective surface to become the Shadoutsuru, a collection of mysterious hand-held devices and instruments that look almost like art tools, but with a strange presentation that almost reminds you of magical devices that remind you of wands and wizarding tools.

The [Kagami] and the [Atifakuto] have been combined to create the @[Shadoutsuru] (Shadow Tools) – ~6 Kurosuōbā~@

Suddenly it seems to make sense. To you, as a Tatsujin, you’re able to instantly discern what these are for and suddenly you’re captivated by the power these tools have when you realize what you can do with them.

Anything you can dream up and draw… becomes real. And it doesn’t even require supreme artistic talent. All you simply need to do is close your eyes, and let your imagination wander, peering into Yume through your dreams and thoughts. In the hands of a Tatsujin as yourself, it seems and feels like magic you’ve used every waking day of your life, as simple of an activity as washing your hands or singing a song you know so well.

Before you on a piece of paper, you created a nature scene of a flowing river, born from a place you saw in your imagination. And not only that, but on the paper, things move. The branches of the trees you had drawn now sway with their leaves rustling. The river you had drawn now flows. You swear it’s like watching a movie on a piece of paper…

And then you realize with these tools… you have essentially become a goddess. The truth is soon realized that you’ve just created a whole new world on this paper, now existing in another time and place in another dimension. With these tools, you could write a book about a world and it would become actualized… a race of creatures or new Pokémon could be born and would live in worship to you as their creator who brought them forward from the nothingness.

You realize you need to put these away for now until the time is right to use them. But as you go to sleep tonight, imagining all the wonders and creations you could forge into real places. Endless worlds you could visit, endless societies of creatures or Pokémon you created would be forever in your debt as they owned their entire existence to you.

And it all connects together when you think about why…

…Why imagination is more important than knowledge. Because knowledge will be power in knowing what is… but imagination can be power in knowing the infinite possibilities of what could be…

ChiChi the Tatsujin Tapu Lele (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 16/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 10/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Corviknight, Milotic, Aurorus, Espeon, Alcremie
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: +|J| Dreamwatch Necklace+ (Wearer gets notified if they speak or have spoken to a Stalker)

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Active Dark Event 2: Mission Disclosure:
    20%/100%

The Stalkers have received further intel regarding their pursuers. From what their reliable sources have told them from their observations, there is confirmation that this new batch of pursuers are utilizing supernatural resources that go beyond what the Seabourne Town police are capable of. It has clued them in that these new Pokémon have blended in with the local populace just like they have. However, they have been unable to discern these new pursuer Pokémon from local civilians. They don’t know how many are involved, where they are based, or what species they are save for two. The few minor scraps of information they have aren’t enough and all they have now are theories that need to be investigated further, but they have started to form a list of leads that should be looked into.

Where the police were on the defensive and not able to make very much headway into the investigation due to how overwhelmed they are and the number of remaining staff they have on hand to look into these matters, this new investigative force of Pokémon has made up for that lack of power and have taken an offensive stance in terms of probing deep into the activities of the Demoni.

For the most part, the Demoni are still not overly concerned about this potential new threat and don’t believe it will jeopardize the mission before it can be completed.

#13 Jackia the Combusken has been murdered by the Stalkers.

There wasn’t much else Yanza could do when she came across Jackia’s body…

It was a similar incident as the one yesterday. Once again, with no warning at all, Jackia died in her sleep from a brain aneurism, but the evidence yielded nothing in addition to what she didn’t know already.

It had become so commonplace now that Dantus hadn’t even gone out to investigate with her. As far as he was concerned, there was nothing new to find here. Jackia was just another victim of Edifice, to the point where he hadn’t stopped what he was already doing to delve into this further. She would only have the same ambiguous and almost useless answers to the same questions. She already knew what killed her, but she couldn’t understand the source of it all and who was really responsible.

But the most difficult part for Yanza was trying to talk to her son, Sal…

“I just found her like this and she isn’t breathing!” he started to cry profusely. “I don’t know what’s wrong! Why isn’t mommy waking up!?”

Yanza, putting her paw to the Combusken’s neck, still found no pulse. She hated to have to break the news to this child, who had no caretaker now and looked to be only about ten years old.

Of all Pokémon to go after, why did it have to be a mother?

“There’s nothing we can do,” Yanza told the young Torchic. “Your mother passed away in her sleep last night.”

Already facing harsh depression and anxiety, it felt like a nightmare the young Torchic could never wake up from. Nothing could have prepared him for this. In the meantime, Yanza didn’t want to go into the details. It wouldn’t change anything and it would only make things worse if he learned his mother’s last moments of life in this world were going through the nightmare of being murdered in her dreams before it killed her in real life. Nothing of it would make sense to the Torchic and it would only add more questions.

…Nothing seemed to come from these answers…

“WHY!?” he shouted, wailing uncontrollably. “Why did it have to be her!? W-what am I supposed… to do now!? I… I don’t want to be all alone!”

And yet Yanza didn’t have any answer. She didn’t know how he could possibly move on from this, but it was likely going to have to result in finding Jackia’s family records, seeing if she had any relatives that could take care of Sal, and hope he could somehow live a normal life after experiencing this kind of emotional trauma. And if that didn’t work, it might come down to trying to find foster parents…

…but deep inside, she knew she was lying to herself.

…she knew this boy could no longer live a normal life after this…

Doom Tracker:
    3/15

Senior Administrator

Morning has arrived in Seabourne Town
    Submit your Day 4: Day Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(Thursday, June 16, 2022 11:00:00 PM, Time EST)

@C0L0R3D @Chakramaster @ARandomTool @EmeraldSky @sammy0295 @Scytherwolf @Shruikan @Noblejanobii @Lychee @DayBreak

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I think I'll search (23) Seabourne Hospital. Seems like it's pretty sketchy?

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    So... Colored has informed me that she's willing to go and 'dance with the Demoni' before picking up those odd blood eyes. I suppose that mean's she only could have gone to one place.

I ain't gone yet! Mostly so I can clarify what I'm even doing with these things.

[Action Decided: Take the Eyes of Blood back to the Southshore Chapel and plonk 'em in that Latias! I'm ready to deal with one half of this corrupted Eon mess!]

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Administrator

Well I can say for sure something about a power plant feels a bit familiar. So maybe I'll give this a quick search.

Search: (10) Seabourne Geothermal Power Plant

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Search (61) The Last House (ABANDONED)

Senior Moderator

I will untrap the shadow eye.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"