Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Attachment 2012
    I'm feeling a little shaky tonight...

Attachment 2013
    But it definitely sounds like Bennis friend the Drapion has got something on their mind, and doesn't want to talk about it. Could be anything, but could also be a clue!

Attachment 2014
    I'll go talk them out of whatever foul mood they're in!...Or sympathize. And ask about that weird flower... There, now I'm motivated!

Talk to 4 Raboa the Drapion ♀ and use Diplomacy
    Having heard a bit about what happened between Raboa and Benni, you decide to see what the story is from Raboa’s side. And you feel confident you can talk her out of whatever is really bothering her.

The main focus you intend on targeting is how all of a sudden it seems. Surely Raboa has a reason for it.

You find Raboa outside not at the Kako Industries Farm, but instead by the Seaport Lofts where she lives. And you can easily see this is not a clean or nice apartment building. You could easily see yourself getting tired of seeing the garbage everywhere all the time and that certain furnishings are breaking down and falling apart. But Pokémon that are struggling financially just have to put up with it…

As you realize, Raboa has no actual ownership of the Kako farms. She’s only a worker there and you figure that might be one reason among many that daily things like that eat away at her. Besides her, you can see she’s already had a few bottles of hard cider and you imagine she’s feeling the effects.

You introduce yourself and it seems Raboa is a bit perturbed that you’re interrupting what really just seems like brooding to you. And then you ask her if everything is alright.

“No. No, in fact that’s a stupid question. Nothing is ‘alright,’ can’t you tell or are you-“

You instead sit besides her, showing you’re intent on giving her time to speak, vent, complain, or simply speak her mind. You can tell she didn’t expect this from a total stranger and it seems like it’s something she hasn’t felt for a while. Not since she’s started pushing everyone back. Including Benni.

“I want to know what’s hurting you,” you tell her.

#4 Raboa the Drapion has become Compliant.

You make it clear you know, but you’ve shown you’re not angry with her and you’re not confronting her over what she did to Benni.

“Everything… everything hurts,” she tells you bitterly. “Every day I wake up wondering ‘gee, I wonder what god-forsaken thing is going to piss me off today’ and I probably won’t be ready for it. I’m never ready for it.”

“Was it always like this?” you ask her, empathizing with Raboa. “Or did this only just happen recently?”

A cold breeze suddenly gusts by as you look to Raboa intently. All the while, it’s deadly quiet as the only light around you seems to be from the moon and an old streetlamp.

“N-No, it wasn’t…”

It wasn’t until you came across that thing. Wasn’t it? That “flower.”

Your eyes say it all, and your innate psychic power is able to probe into Raboa’s memories and emotions. The answer is clear to you that no, no it wasn’t always like this. That thing did it to her.

“It’s like I… I know I want… but I… I-I can’t…” Raboa mutters, but is unable to piece together the emotions she feels.

“Give it to me,” you assure her. “You know it has done nothing good for you. You only hold onto it… because it wants you to. Don’t think about it, just get rid of it like you’re ripping off a bandage. It has to be quick or it’ll try to stop you.”

“I…”

She does as you say, but what happens next is not what you expect. Instead of handing it over, she tosses it into the air, the only way she can quickly free her dark bondage to it. Instinctively, you try to catch the jet-black flower in the hopes that it doesn’t break and shatter on the ground.

And you successfully catch it, but…

@Horrific Defilement – DARK (6 Purity Damage)@ Trap 30% Evasion Test: 99 out of 100: FAILED!

Have you always been happy, Chichi? Have you?

H̺͎̩ͤ̐ͥa̫͕̯̣̟̲̗̠̟Ve̯̻̬̤͈ ̭̮̗̲̰̲ͫ͊͆̋̌͗Ỳ̺̥̬̰̝̀͛̿ͥo̰͋U͈͔̮̙͙͔͓̖̭͎?̎́͑̏ͩͬ̍̍ ̽̚

“I… deserve to be happy.”
    You think to yourself. You know you’re not wrong, but…

“Like ȟ̬̩͉̙̄ͣ͋e̫̙̮͙̰̦̯̦͓̭̭ͩͯ̅̆ͯ̈̌̇ͨͤͧl̯̪̥̤̩l̈́̓̍͐̽̒̍̒͑ͤ̔ ̖̙̤͔̤̝̼͖̹̫̝̗̙̪̼͆̆ͤ̉ you do.”

ChiChi has suffered 3 damage to Purity.

You forget everything for a moment. What you’re even doing here, what time it is, and part of your mind even manages to get you to think you’ve forgotten that you’re being watched and that there are eyes and t̘̔͝hǐ̠̙ͯͩͅñg̋͊ͪ̋͐s̆̍̏ͦ̄ͤͦ ä͉nd̻̲̮ ̷̲̮̭͚͙ͩ͆ͤ͐͆it̳̮̕’͔̲̟̈́̌̑s͍ ͯ͒̒ͧ͐͏alͬ̓̐͗̒͊̓ͦ̌́ͨr͑̄͆ͩeǎ̺͇̫͇͔̩͇͙̫̹̺̽̐̿̈́͂̏̆ͮ̀͗dy ̘͔̼̠̩͖̬ ͕̞̼͍̥̘̃̔͆͒̈̚g̫̗̝̺̮͔̖̫̺̱̫̳̪̹̏̃̍͒̓̓̀͊͌̑ͨ̇͐̌ot̲͙̤͓͇̜ͅ ̩͔̪̟̰̩ͅt͒ͯͪ͒ͨ̾ͯͩ̈́ͤe̼̖̹͔̩͈̳̯͙͛̃ͣ̾̈͗̒ͤͣn͗̄ ̱̱̘̫̗̮̝̹͕̗̙̜̦̠̐̃̈́̋ͯ̓͋̀͋̐͌̓̌ͩͯͅf̯̭̦͔̤̔͋̿͆̈ͣͥ̐̍̓̒̃ͭͅ ͕͖̬̣͚̦̟a̔̋̾̎ͯ̋̃r͔̼̟̰̞͍͙̯̼̭̟̙̩̒̉̏ͮ͂̋̃͐͐̍ͯͦͨ̚ͅ ̂͊͗̓̒̈́ͣ̆̎ͤ́̐̆̾b͂͐̈ͭ̎eỵ̪̭̝̞͍̪͚ő̭̪̭̘ͨͭ͑̈́̐ͣ̉̔̉̎̐̎̾̋ ̹͓̞͕̜̖͚̟̠̟͍nḋ̰͚̥̝͈͚̤͉͍͕̳͑̇͑̌̍̾͂̋̍͛ ̮̠̜̰̝͚ͤ̌͆ͪͩ̚s̥̤͇̘̹̤̤̬̹̙̺̹͔͕̠ͧ̐̅ͦ͛̄͗̂͊̽̏̓̓͗̚ja̖̲̯̖͙ ̻̣͍͇̲f̥̯͔͎̭͈ͅjͮ͌̈́ͩ͑̐͋ ̳͙̖̝͉͈̗̜̮̪͇̠̾ͧ̃͋ͧͪͧ̋̅̓ͯ̚ ̠̯̘͓̫͙̳̅̽ͮ̈́̋̓͑i̮̩̤͓͓͓̩͇͔̯̘͇̬ͨ̄̒̐̎̉͐̔͛̃̑̒̈̚ͅoͦ̆͌ͦj̠ ̹̫̦̥͍̞a͕͙̮͔̭͔̺̺͇̳̹͚;̣̙̯̥̮ͫͭͣ̆̅e̩͇̍̾a̙̗̖͔͖̣̤̮͔͚̭̺̯ͅ ͖s̫̙̮͉͕͑͒̅ͧͩd̪̝̗̫̲̖͙̯͈͚͙̲̭͖͈

ChiChi has suffered 3 damage to Purity.

@[The Blackened Rose] Horrific Defilement - DARK – (6 Purity Damage)@ has been added to the Team Inventory.

… “Are you okay?”

No. No. You think. None of you are real. You’re all just… dead things. You, him, her, everybody. What are all of you thirty… fifty… a Ḧ̷̗͉̱̠̭̭̱͚̯̞̺̑ͣ̍́ͥ͆͐ͬ͒̂͘͟Ǘ͖̯̗͕͛̈́̚N̵̋̅͝҉̞̮D͐́ͤͩ̀̚ ̨̘̳͍̱̱͈̰͕͕͇̬͔͚͈͋́̇͆ͫͬ̊̚̕R͟͡E̪̰̮̖̣͙͇D̷ͭ̾̌̕͞ years from now…?

Ỵ̤͎͚̫͎͕̹͚͓͖̱̤͔o̘͇͉̗̫̗̰u’̯̖͔̩̤̱̙̣͓̖͎r̳̦̩͇̬͈̘̤͚̺̦̥ͅ ̪̙e̳̘̦ ̖͈̲͍̱͙̻̫̮̬ͅa̘̥̣̙̳̰̜ll̤̼͔̖͓ ̣͔͕͈̠̙̦͖̱̜̞̱ͅj̻̩̹̯̞̺u͖͇͇̠̭̬̟st͖̦͇͚͉͙ ̪̭͓̫̭̫̺̯d̹̱̲͇̭͇̬̯̳̥̗e̖a͙͎̼̲̤̫̱̦̭ͅd t̜̠̳͚͇̞̹̻̫̙̜h̺̗̣̱̲̰̘̟̳͈̳̹͎̞̝i̘̙̤͙̗n̫̬͉̖g̳̞̙̜͖̖̞̘͓͔ ͎ͅs͈̥͈̩͖̤̮̰̯͕̪̳̮…̰”

You leave and head back home for the night. Ha ha you think. No, that’s a lie. Benni’s home is not my home.

…ṱ͔he ̟̯̼͍̼ͅde͓͍͙̘̬a͈̣̳͍̤ḍ̤ ̜̫̙̫͓̟̞̮͕̰̺̲̣̣h̪̯͙̺͔͕̗̲͍̝͍̣a̯̠͍͎̩̯͕v̦̮̗̪͙̲̫e n̞̤͙͓̪̳̲̪̺͔̦ͅọ̞͙̭̮ ̼h̞͔̪͔̳͔͕͈̣͕̮̼͎͕o̰͖̥͓̣̪̭̞̟̹͕ṃ̹̮̘͕̘̥̬e...̥͇

ChiChi the Tapu Lele (M: Psychic / Fairy)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 14/20 | 6/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Corviknight, Milotic, Aurorus, Espeon, Alcremie
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

2. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Attachment 2022

Okay, based on some observations I know exactly who I’m talking to. With Diplomacy, just so ya know.

Attachment 2023

Hello there, I’m terribly sorry for bothering you at this hour. It’s just that… I’ve heard a rumour that you’ve been trying to find out more about these Stalker things? And I’ve found a weird note that I think links to you, though I haven’t brought it with me. What exactly is up with this?

[ACTION DECIDED: Interview 33, Sarkkan the Beautifly with Diplomacy. Hone in on details regarding the odd note we found.]
    Given what you and the other Savants have come across with regards to what seems to be a conflict situation between Sarkkan, Caily, Vocco, and Kabi, you decide to see what Sarkkan’s side of the story entails.

When you find him at his apartment at the Twinbank Apartments building, you knock on his door and it seems like he was about to head off to sleep, but you managed to get a hold of the Beautifly just before he headed off to bed. It seems he isn’t bothered at all by you being here and he invites you in. While his apartment is a bit small and his sleeping area is only a few feet away from his kitchen, it still feels clean and cozy there and there’s a small wooden table in the middle that can seat three small to medium Pokémon. Anyone larger than that and it would definitely be very cramped.

“Hello there, I’m terribly sorry for bothering you at this hour,” you tell him, “It’s just that… I’ve heard a rumor that you’ve been trying to find out more about these Stalker things?”

“Hey there, no need to be sorry about that,” he replies to you in a way that feels reassuring. “I’ve studied for long hours at night before, but thankfully tonight I don’t need to do exam prep.”

He decides to make some tea for you and himself and while the teapot is being warmed up on his stove, he grabs a chair and sits down, keeping his wings spread out and tries to make himself comfortable. You grab your own chair, sit down with him with your leaf tail sticking out the back of your seat and decide to hear him out.

#33 Sarkkan the Beautifly has become Compliant.

“Stalkers… yeah, where to get started with them…” he begins, trying to collect his thoughts. “What I’ve figured out is this isn’t your typical mystery story. I’ll admit, I do read a lot of mysteries. That’s definitely my favorite literature genre. For fun, I try to figure out the endings and who did it before the end of the story and I’ve been getting better at getting it right. It’s fun if you’ve ever tried it.”

“Stalkers are… not your everyday mystery story. I realized that early on as I tried to put together what is really going on in this town and now I’m getting a bit nervous none of this is what I thought it was. I even tried to study a few past real-life detective cases and ok, those made sense. The evidence, the trials, and the motives all made sense most of the time. But here, barely anything makes sense but I’ve been trying to piece together whatever I can. These murders just seem more like happenstance and none of the victims seems to know their attacker. That’s really unusual.”

After the metal teapot whistles with steam coming out, he pours out a nice cup of hot tea for you and himself. It has a kind of nice, almost floral like flavor and aroma to it, which you imagine is probably his favorite.

“Drink up!” he tells you with a bright-eyed expression. “I think I like this flavor the most. It’s a mix of cinnamon and cyanflower extracts with a few slight notes of hazelleaf. Plus it helps me sleep easier. That kind of thing helps when I just need to rest my head and not think about all the studying material I have swimming in my head just before an exam!”

You take another sip and while it’s still a bit hot, you can see why he likes it, even though it’s your first time ever having a tea like this. Nonetheless, you thank him for his hospitality and ask about what he’s found about the Stalkers, even if it doesn’t seem at all normal.

“I realized early on that these Stalkers are definitely capable of the supernatural,” Sarkkan tells you, not sure how you’d react to that. “They can definitely blend in and they are clearly wearing disguises. The other thing I realized is they always strike at night, never during the day.”

“Here’s where things get a little weird,” Sarkkan explains, pulling out one of his notebooks, putting it on the table besides his teacup, and then opening it before flipping through page after page of notes. “Each Stalker has their own unique way of killing their victims. Like some kind of twisted signature. One of these Stalkers has some kind of… I dunno, power, tool, or something that causes rapid decay. As in these victims will be found in the morning as skeletons. Like Chalpi the Girafarig and Wilfrea the Nickit. Pokémon literally saw them the day before totally alive and well and the next day it was like they had been dead for over a decade. I just… can’t even begin to explain how or what makes that possible. There’s no kind of fungus or bacteria or just… anything that’s capable of that.”

“It… gets worse,” he tells you, flipping to the next page. “Another Stalker does something that really messes with the victim’s mind. There’s been a few cases of Pokémon being found in a self-mutilated state. Like they were… yuck… trying to rearrange their skin and body parts until they bled out. I don’t know what would ever drive a Pokémon to do such a thing, but there’s got to be something supernaturally wicked about that. Like some kind of mind control or something. Right now, the only victim I was able to do some research on was a Floette named Kaliate. I couldn’t really stomach to look at another…”

“Beyond that, I’m having trouble drawing conclusions,” Sarkkan tells you regrettably, taking a sip from his tea using his proboscis. “The fact there’s multiple Stalkers working all at the same time makes this harder. And they have no qualms about killing anyone, even children. I tried to get Kabi’s help with some of this but she told me I really shouldn’t be meddling with this stuff. I don’t get it. We used to be good study buddies when it felt like we were the only ones who actually cared about doing well in our classes. Now she’s barely ever around, doesn’t reply to notes I leave for her, and every passing day it’s like she grows more and more distant. I’m wondering if maybe she’s just not really taking any of this well at all.”

“I’ve found a weird note that I think links to you,” you explain to Sarkkan, “though I haven’t brought it with me. What exactly is up with this?”

“Weird,” Sarkkan explains. “Do you know who wrote it? Well, I guess I’d have to see it to be able to get a better understanding about what it is. Definitely bring it next time, I’m curious to see what this is about.”

“Well, it’s getting late,” Sarkkan tells you as you both finish your tea. “Hopefully you enjoyed the tea and hey, please come back and visit whenever you’d like. I hope you can find something out there that can help us understand just what is really going on around here…”

“And hopefully soon because… yeah, I really don’t want to die…”

Colored the Snivy (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | 3/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cinccino
    EQUIPMENT:

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Think I'll search (46) The Silver Candle Theater House. .O.
    Feeling more brazen tonight, you decide to head west toward the western deserted side of town, rapidly flickering your dragonfly wings and speeding through the dead of night as you’re intent on seeing what kinds of dark mysteries are hidden at the theater house, which seems to be one of the more intriguing locations in town with an odd history.

From the outside, you see the large theater house is in a very ugly, decrepit state, although that doesn’t seem unusual given this area of town has fallen apart and has become more of a cancer with many blighted structures. From what you can tell, it looks like it’s been like this for over 30 years now. The stone walls are coated with dirt and are crumbling while the supporting columns that once gave the theater a regal and proud appearance now look filthy and grimy as dead vines have wrapped and forked their way around them, looking as if they were trying to strangle them before dying as some last macabre death wish.

Meanwhile, the grounds have become untamed with overgrowth that looks like at one point it tried to swallow the building, but then everything mysteriously died. The vines, the weeds, the gnarled trees… no piece of vegetation was spared. Dead, knotted plants in hideous-looking clusters and thorn bushes are scattered about, looking like they all wanted to infest and devour the area before the land itself became unbearable and then everything rotted into a dead husks of their former, seeming completely mad former selves.

You dart and hover around using your wings as you inspect each aspect of the building from the ground, the walls, and nooks and crannies, quite sure there’s nothing on the ground you want to land on it for. However, you don’t find anything around the large building worth noting. Quite frankly, it’s a hideous place and in the moonlight, it looks like something fresh out of a nightmare.

You decide to head in and go through the front entrance, the way the theater-goers used to go through many years ago when this place looked far more respectable. Now, all the glass windows on the doors are broken, the brass metal frames and handles are filthy and crusted over, and something smells stuffy and stale as soon as you step inside.

Inside the main gathering area, the lighting is nearly nonexistent and it’s almost pitch-black inside, which would have been a problem if you didn’t have eyesight that could accommodate low-light conditions. The main hall, which used to be large, wide, and regal as a place where attendees would gather and buy tickets, enjoy the finest wine before the performance, or simply wait until they were called to gather in the main theater. You see the floor is made of a fine marble and you imagine it used to look nice and fancy before all this debris and rubble from the crumbling ceiling started falling all over it. Meanwhile, the main ticket desk has almost fully collapsed and almost all of the wood has rotted away, but you can tell at one point it was made by a master carpenter and had a very finely-crafted presentation to it. The area that was reserved for wine-tasting and serving has also suffered a similar fate with the once fanciful casks having broken and rotted while most of the wine bottles and wine glasses have been broken into pieces while the few remaining ones are covered in grime and would need a serious cleaning to be sanitary enough to drink from again.

The now grimy stone walls also used to display fine artwork and memorabilia from past performances. All of that, however, has now been slathered with filth and rot and now the depictions look much more nightmarish. Pictures of fine landscapes have mold and grime over them, making them look discolored and freakishly apocalyptic while paintings of famous Pokémon and past actors, now with mold and decay, make them look much more like fetid zombies. One painting of a female Goodra in fine sophisticated dress attire has her mouth covered by a blotch of black mold, and now she looks like a hideous ghoul that’s screaming with her jaw barely hanging on.

You decide to carry on and hover your way into the main theater hall. You don’t even need to push the door open to go inside as they’ve already rotted off their hinges and now lay like dead bodies on the marble floor.

As you enter the main theater, you can already see about half of the seats, which came in various sizes and forms for Pokémon of many different shapes and sizes, are now all missing while the other half are ravaged, broken in half, and/or rotting with more mold of their own, all creating a hideous display of neglect and forsakenness. You think maybe a mere two or three of these once cushioned and comfortable seats in this entire theater are still in working condition. As you look around the rest of the theater, you see the once-fancy ceiling with its regal arches, VIP balconies, and lavish glass chandeliers is now a gross caricature of its former self.

Meanwhile, the performance stage is another horrid sight to behold. Half of the wooden stage has collapsed in on itself while the other half is splintered and rotting as well. Still, despite it being a sad and pathetic sight of what used to be a rich, lavish place for sophisticated Pokémon to enjoy an evening of socializing and fine performances, you don’t find anything out of the ordinary, though you imagine those with weak nerves would have bolted out of here way before they even got to this main theater area.

You then search the back area where theater performers had access to dressing areas, props, makeup supplies, and things of that sort, although you find more rot and neglect here as well all along the floor, walls and ceiling. And most of those costumes, makeup supplies, and props are all still here, although like the rest of the theater, they’ve fallen apart, dried up, and rotted over.

Past the many collapsed lockers and cabinets where the theater staff and performers once kept their personal belongings, you see an odd, mirror-covered door that shows a dim reflection of you. You take a closer look at it and it seems like it’s the entrance to some kind of special, back area that might be for the lead performer. You try to grab the fancy door handle and pull it open, but it seems like it’s locked and then suddenly…

#Grim Visage – GHOST (7 Health Damage)# Trap 20% Evasion Test: 78 out of 100: Failed!

Out of nowhere, the entire mirror S͕̠̻̭h̿ͫ͛ͤͨ̃ͣa̹̣͈̤̺̯͍ͦ͒͗̓ͩ̉ͤt̮̩ͥ̇te͚̺̝͕̝͐̌̋ͬ͌r̃͐ͥ̆ ̬̖͖͎̖͔͐̉s͎͂ ̟̑i̻͎ͅn̫̺ͫ́̇ͅt̩̭̲͆̉̚o̘͍͔͗̊ͤ ̮͖̟̼͓͈p̯̼̪͛ͭ̚ie̠̞̮͓̳͉͈ͭͭ̌ͨ̾ͤ̅c̯͈̺͙̖̭ͩ͑ͬ̾̊ͯes̘̱̐̓̿ͣ ̳̗ and you almost yelp in horror as you suddenly feel invisible, blade-like knives and sharp edges violently slice into your carapace…

Scy has suffered 3 Health Damage (4 Damage resisted by +Commander Armor+)

Your armor takes most of the damage, but you still feel the pain. And it’s pain that you can’t understand. None of the shards even touched you before they fell to the ground. But… it was as if the mirror and your reflection became a sudden extension of your actual self, but… how is that possible? you think…

Nonetheless, you look before you to see the mirror, now in a pile of pieces. Besides the door, you see two circular indentations, and the only things you see scribbled here are “fragility” and “hideousness.”

{Broken Mirror Door: <Repair> AND Indentation of Fragility AND Indentation of Hideousness} has been noted in the Team Records.

You think you can put it back together with your repair ability, but something… seems off. It’s like the reflection of the mirror… your reflection… is f͇̯̋̄r̫̲̯̫̖̊̌͂ͥͮo͆̆̏̾̈́̊̃z̠͆eͫͨ͌n̩̳̻̯͎̭ͅ into the shattered pieces…

All the while… the whole thing just seems so…

…so…

…̈̓̒ͭ̊ͩiṇ̥͈̰̱̞̾̓̈́͗̏̾̒ͅh͍̖̞̦̦̹̙͗ͬ͛̈ͧ̽̿e͎̜̐͂re̐̃͑̽ͪ n̝̝̯̞̮̏ͤ̃͛̓͒ͅt̹̤̳̺̻̺͖͑̓̾̈́͗̌ͤly̗̳̩̙̳̣͂̆̆̄͆̔ ̹̰̥̮͛̃̈́ͧë̖̯̔v͖̹͓̰͈͖̓̃̔͑ͮͣ͑ͅil̫̲̤̯͓̰͋ͩ͒́͗̑…̖̟̞̅̾͒̃ ͎

Scy the Yanmega (L: Bug / Flying)
    Health: 21/24 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 16/16 | Dodge Rate: 20%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Heracross, Scyther, Centiskorch, Snom, Volcarona
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Commander Armor|+ (4H, 2S)

7. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan Pikachu View Post

Well that last experience wasn't the most pleasant, but at least we have...something of an idea. I'll keep searching and move to another spot.

I'll search: (8) Seaport Plaza and see if there's anything I can find here.
    As the sun goes down and the moon becomes visible in the eerie sky, you decide to head toward Seaport Plaza. It’s a small strip of stores and while one of the retail lots is vacant, it’s still close to the center of town and still feels at least somewhat secure being in close proximity to the rest of the Seabourne community.

You notice the only two active stores, The Canopy Bakery and First Choice Hardware, both recently closed for the night and both Tatch and Namrea have gone home. While things have become quiet here tonight, you decide that gives you plenty of time to take a look around without anyone looking suspiciously at you.

You start by searching around the exterior while there’s at least some light left remaining. The grounds aren’t too shabby, although a little bit of maintenance in terms of weeding and filling in cracks is needed here and there. Overall, the structure is still in pretty good condition even if it isn’t new and it seems like Tatch and Namrea are respectful of the property.

By a nearby empty metal barrel that has started to rust, you find what looks like an unusual slip of paper seemingly tucked away here. You reach in and pull it out, flipping it over to see what’s written on the other side. It seems very familiar and you notice familiar names like Sarkkan and Vocco. This definitely seems like the missing other half of the note that was found earlier…

=Sarkkan Note 1st Half= has been added to the Team Records.

You continue your search through The Canopy Bakery, which is closed for the day, but still carries that welcoming aroma of fresh baked goods even into the evening hours. You can also sense some scents of fruit jams and chocolate, which start to make you hungry.

The interior seems quite welcoming with plenty of hanging plants and homestyle décor to make the bakery seem welcoming and cozy. There’s also a few seating areas with cushioned chairs of all sizes to accommodate different Pokémon. In all, it does seem like a nice and cozy café and bakery. You feel as though it’s almost a shame it’s closed at the moment, as you wouldn’t mind trying a sample.

You decide to continue through the First Choice Hardware store which seems like a useful place to have around. The metal shelves are in good condition and the layout is fairly simple. There isn’t much in terms of décor as it’s a place mainly for utility shopping. You see the metal shelves and racks are mostly in good shape, but restocking seems to be a major issue here. You’re not sure if its because Namrea the Krokorok isn’t managing it well or if there’s supply chain issues somewhere along the line, but you can see it being difficult to come here time after time only to leave empty-handed because what you wanted just wasn’t in stock. Still, like the bakery, you don’t really find anything that seems suspicious.

In the third and vacant lot that was last used as a wine and liquor seller, you can see some of the décor and signs are still hanging, but the shelves are totally bare and the dust and debris was never cleaned. It’s also a bit eerie inside and you find a few instances of broken glass that was never cleaned up when unsold inventory was being carried out. In the manager’s office, you don’t find very much was left behind in terms of books and accounting ledgers. The desk was also left behind and doesn’t seem to be in very good condition, likely the reason why it wasn’t taken. In one of the broken drawers, you find what appears to be a metallic armor set, possibly either forgotten or discarded. You have the notion that it was worn in case the owner was attacked by a looter, but now that this place is abandoned, it won’t have that issue any longer. Since it doesn’t look like anyone is ever coming back for it, you decide it would be of much better use to you.

You see it’s stronger than your Security Armor, so you decide to exchange one for the other and hold onto the Security Armor in case someone else needs to use it.

Chakra has equipped the +|A| Scale Armor+ (3H) and has moved the +|A| Security Armor+ (2H) to the Team Inventory.

You don’t find very much else remaining her after doing your search. As it’s starting to get late, you decide to head back to Benni’s farmhouse and get some sleep. Overall, you’d say it was a good night for searching, and as you climb into bed, you mentally prepare yourself for whatever tomorrow may bring.

Chakra the Jirachi (S: Steel / Psychic)
    Health: 14/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Scale Armor+ (3H)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Hmm... well based on my interview with Benni, I think searching the Kako facilities is a first priority. So, I'll start out searching (3) Kako Industries Field.
    Based on what was found in Benni’s orchard, you’re wondering if something else was stashed away at the Kako Industries Field where they grow row after row of tancorn. If there’s more raze buried here, you’re quite sure the police will want to know and it might prompt them to assist and support your investigation even though you’re here to stop the Stalkers, not for a drug bust.

It’s a short stroll from Benni’s farm, although the night sky and the darkness feels like it may present a bit of a challenge when it comes to trying to find anything that might have been hidden. Still, you decide to give it your best shot although there’s quite a lot of area to cover tonight. All the while, the breeze gently passes through the stalks, creating a soft and placid rustling sound. Meanwhile, it feels nice and gentle as it passes through the leaves on your back and through the petals of the Sakura flowers on your head.

You start from the north and head south, doing a kind of horizontal sweeping zig-zag pattern search to make sure you cover the most amount of ground possible and don’t go over anything twice while possibly missing a spot. While it isn’t difficult or taxing at first, it does become tiresome and tedious rather quickly. Tancorn, while new and interesting at first to you, quickly loses its novelty when stalks and stalks of it become the only things you see for hours to come. And all the while, you don’t find anything all that unusual among the stalks…

…at least not until you get toward the southern area.

The whole while up to this point, you were almost thinking this wasn’t going to yield anything and would only amount to good walking exercise, but then you find what appears to be a spot that the tancorn just doesn’t seem to grow all that well. And it strikes you as odd considering the rest of the field is in pretty good shape and has been well-maintained. So when you come across this one particular section, the few stalks planted here are small, haven’t been growing too well, and you’re quite sure the tiny and unappetizing husks of tancorn grown here won’t ever be sold on the market. But you’re curious as to why this is.

Using your Shaymin senses, you try to focus and empathize with the stalks as if to speak with and understand them. Just why are they never able to grow well? Surprisingly, the answer becomes clear to you quite quickly.

…there’s something solid underneath them and the stalks yearn for deeper, more refreshing soil, but they are denied. Something the roots can’t penetrate at all is just underneath them and as a result, the stalks barely get any nutrients here.

Carefully and respectfully, you replant the tancorn stalks away from this spot and put them among their peers in areas with deeper and richer soil. To these stalks, it’s like no longer having a rock to sleep on, but instead a nice fluffy mattress. You definitely know they’ll grow much better here and it already seems like they greatly appreciate the relocation.

With that out of the way, you then try to see what exactly this solid obstruction under the soil even is in the first place. You use your two pink paws to brush off the dirt and it seems like it’s some kind of underground hatch entrance. At first, it almost reminds you of an ancient in-ground mausoleum. You find the old metal ring handle that is used to open the hatch, and at first, it takes you quite a super-Shaymin effort to yank it open, but once you do, the ancient stone hatch slides open, revealing a strange staircase underground. Already, you’re expecting to find out this is some kind of tomb and you’re going to be finding a lot of dead Pokémon skeletons.

You feel up for adventure tonight, so you head downstairs into what looks like a very old and ancient temple entrance that must have been used many years ago. The strange, dark markings on the stone walls almost look like creepy voodoo to you. However, so much of it is damaged and crumbling apart so you feel it’s unlikely any of it is capable of cursing or hurting you. It isn’t until you get to the main, cryptic-looking stone door that you see something happened here a while ago. The Taika Temppeli, as this place is called, was destroyed. By what, you’re not quite sure, but it’s possible just regular wear and tear and old age might have been responsible. There doesn’t seem to be much to salvage here until you find the remnants of an old book that was left behind. It’s in bad shape and a lot of the pages are missing and torn or are too soiled and filthy to read, but some of the pages and ancient passages are still legible. You feel mainly only about 15% of the book is still legible, but at least it’s better than nothing.

From what you can read, this book appears to be some kind of old tome or prayer book and it appears to be connected with this temple. And this temple, as described in the book, seems to be an ancient ritual place. However, looking at it makes you think something along the lines of blood sacrifices and holocausts were likely done here and maybe this place is better off in pieces. The book describes “The Phudistus” ritual, but it’s not quite clear what this really is about. At least not at first, but in the later pages, it mentions “cleansing” and the purging of evil. But when you look back at the entrance, you see the whole thing is in ruins and has collapsed in upon itself. Part of you wonders maybe whatever remains should just be collected and put in a museum and call it a night. The whole feeling of the temple feels somewhat dark to you anyway.

But when you get toward the end of the book, it almost seems as though not all hope is lost for this ruined place. It speaks of the sacred texts, the “Taika Tekstit” as they are called. And then it mentions the Palauttaminen Mantra, the words of restoration. With these two combined, “what was once broken and fallen may become whole once again.” The texts describe a moment in ancient history when this was used to restore an ancient ziggurat that was destroyed in warfare, but now made whole again.

It has you wondering… would that actually work for this temple? Is this some kind of perhaps… constructive kind of voodoo? Maybe there’s only a one in a million chance of ever finding these relics anywhere, but you still make note of it, just in case.

{Destroyed Taika Temppeli: Needed Taika Tekstit AND Palauttaminen Mantra} has been noted in the Team Records.

Though everything associated with this place seems dark and creepy, it does make you wonder if it might hold some kind of answer when it comes to dealing with the Stalkers. After all, being one with the darkness to defeat another agent of darkness doesn’t seem like it would be that absurd to you in concept and practice. But you still feel it would be smart to be on your guard either way.

You decide to head out and by the time you return to the surface, you yawn and feel a bit too tired to continue. You then head back to Benni’s, thinking a nice cool glass of water and then a trip to bed would feel quite swell right about now.

Lewisia the Shaymin (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Reincarnation Forms: Gallade, Arctozolt, Galarian Rapidash, Mawile, Hisuian Typhlosion
    EQUIPMENT:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I will take a risk and search Birthright Chapel
    As the eerie moon hangs overhead in the night sky, you decide to head south through town and head toward the Birthright Chapel, just before the shoreline. It’s a bit of a long walk through town, which you notice doesn’t seem to be too lively at night. Some areas of town that have closed up for the evening make you feel a bit uneasy, resulting in you walking a bit more briskly on your two yellow feet.

When you finally get to the chapel, you find it to be quite eerie. The chapel looks quite run-down with its stone walls cracked and crumbling, it’s wood features splintering in a few places, its stained-glass windows have been caked with dust and dirt, and in general, you’re surprised this location is even still being used.

You decide to search around the chapel grounds and you find that vandalizers have been here fairly recently, painting “temple of the false god” in red paint over the two wooden doors of the main entrance and “burn the blasphemers” in noxious-looking black paint on the side stone wall wall. You also see some of the windows were recently broken and trash and excrement are scattered about as well as evidence of blatant disrespect. A nearby statue of Arceus has also been damaged with the head broken off and stolen while the rest of the body has been smeared with excrement and black paint. Despite your search, you don’t find anything that seems to be unusual on the outside, though you feel a sense of scorn for whoever did these acts of vandalism.

Quietly, you enter the lonely chapel to see what’s going on inside. The main gathering area is on the shabby side with wooden pews of various sizes in only fair condition. The wood sealant is chipping off in many places and some of the pews have been roped off due to them being too damaged to be used. The walls and ceiling have a few pieces of artwork to honor Arceus, but many of them have faded over the years and the colors now seem pale. A lot of the candle fixtures and ornamentation has seen many years of use and it shows.

As you go into the back area, you notice this is where the pastor Junlus the Accelgor keeps his supplies to perform services, such as ritual plates, a holy book, ceremonial jugs, candles, and other supplies. His living area is further in the back, but it’s very small and quaint. You find it consists of only two rooms, his small bedchambers and his kitchen area where he prepares meals. Downstairs, Kulsso the Rampardos, a servant of the Birthright Chapel, resides in an even smaller studio apartment situation where his living and dining area only consists of a single room. Besides his bed and the most basic furniture like his dresser and lampstand, there isn’t much here besides a few comic books and a small backpack of finishing equipment. You imagine he doesn’t spend much time down here and only uses this area mainly for storage and for sleeping.

As you prepare to head out, you find an odd-looking lockbox tucked into the corner of the storage area that almost seems out of place. It’s made of an odd, crimson-tinted stone that doesn’t seem to be related to any of the other ceremonial equipment here, but still seems to be some kind of ritual related lockbox.

You try to open it, but it seems to be locked. You examine the keyhole and you feel confident you might be able to pick this with your lockpicks, but it might take a bit of work…

{Stone Lockbox: <Security>}

You’re quite curious to know what exactly is in this strange, almost otherworldly lockbox…

Maya the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | 5/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Reincarnation Forms: Gardevoir, Alolan Ninetales, Meloetta, Baile forme Oricorio, Cinderace
    EQUIPMENT:

11. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Scy has been murdered by the Stalkers.
    @Scytherwolf

After visiting the dark remnants of the Silver Candle Theater House, Scy had attempted to fly back to Benni’s farmstead…

…but she never made it… and she never came back that night…

Instead, her body had been found only a short distance north of the Baywill Museum and Gallery besides the dusty curved road. In the early hour of dawn, both Dantus and Yanza had been notified of the Yanmega’s dead corpse. When they found Scy’s body, they saw her wings had been ripped out and forcefully rammed down her throat, causing her to suffocate…

Yanza had looked the body over from different positions and angles to get the full assessment, taking notes on her small paper booklet as she made her observations. After having seen murders like this before, it seemed like she had grown rather desensitized to this.

“I didn’t know there was a Yanmega living in this town,” Yanza stated to Dantus as he levitated above the dusty street only a short distance away. “Does she look familiar to you, because this is the first time I’ve seen her before.”

Dantus was silent, looking toward the dragonfly’s now wingless dead body. The dragonfly’s mouth was stuffed full of her own wings, now as a hideous crumpled mass. He already knew this was the work of one of the Stalkers and he already knew their name. And he knew he didn’t even need to mention this to Yanza.

She had seen enough of this to know this as well…

“This was an outsider,” Dantus stated with cold confidence. “Nothing more.”

Yanza lightly nodded, having a hunch that had to be the case. The plump, toughened, no-nonsense Purugly made the assumption this Yanmega was probably a vandal or looter, but she knew she needed evidence to validate that and that was something not worth pursuing given what she and Dantus were already dealing with. And she also knew she didn’t care. The Yanmega was dead, so whatever her business was in Seabourne, that came to a screeching halt for good.

And she had seen this kind of murder signature before. Several times in fact. Razela the Pidgeot, Ezland the Crobat, and Cruben the Mothim… all killed this exact same way. Their wings ripped off, and their throats and mouths stuffed with their crumpled, bloody remnants of their own wings.

EXONULL… Yanza wrote down in her notebook. She knew whoever this was truly abhorred any Pokémon that could fly. All of them from the young and the old were ripped of their privilege and made to suffer and die for it. And this Yanmega was no exception, shown no mercy from the wrath of this Stalker.

“I think I realized…” Yanza muttered to Dantus, “…every one of them was still alive while their wings were being force-fed down their throat.”

Dantus nodded. He had observed this fact early on in the investigations. He didn’t hold it against Yanza for not immediately observing this, as these cases were highly unusual. But almost innately, as a ghost type and as a senior police officer, he was far more aware about the nature of what death truly looked like.

“Complete your observations and report and let’s go,” Dantus commanded. “There’s nothing more for us to do here.”

Doom Tracker:
    1/15

@Scytherwolf

Not all hope is lost…

You have known death before, Savant. And you already know death is not the end. The book of your story here has not been shut, and you shall breathe new life once more. Search for new determination in your heart and spirit, and I will ensure it can be found.

You answered my plea for help, and so I shall answer yours. Go forth once again and save this town of Seabourne. Save these Pokémon because I know my faith in you is true…

Scy the Heracross (M: Bug / Fighting)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20 | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Heracross, Scyther, Centiskorch, Snom, Volcarona
    EQUIPMENT:

Senior Administrator

Morning has arrived in Seabourne Town
    Submit your Day 2: Day Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(Tuesday, May 17, 2022 5:00:00 PM, Time EST)

@C0L0R3D @Nyan Pikachu @ARandomTool @EmeraldSky @sammy0295 @Scytherwolf @Shruikan @Noblejanobii @Lychee @DayBreak