Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    56DC5A51-BD9A-4B06-BBF2-D6C011F75B66.jpg

I’ll not mince words. Exonull is a stalker we got done, they target winged folk, and Scy is still technically at risk of them. Crumbs. Now let’s get to this.

B754129E-AF43-4213-8212-A902325C2103.jpg

Hey there… things are a bit scary right now, but I think we’re gonna be alright. Do you think you’ve seen anything funny around that may relate to these Stalkers?

[Action decided: Interview 28, Myta the Chespin. No diplomacy needed, and I won’t pressure her for info she doesn’t wanna share even with rapport.]

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

"I'm a terrible person. We heard rumors of goodies, and I'll be the gremlin to bite the bullet, take some damage, and loot the room."

Search (11) Hitchhiker Restaurant (ABANDONED). Remember to write the 4-Number Combination on arm with fancy fountain pen that was always mine to begin with yesyes no petty or felony theft here

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

012-shocked.jpg
    "A death already?! Things are going south pretty fast..."

009-determined.jpg
    "... But it's not too late to turn this around! I spent last night digging through our stash, put the two halves of the note together to get the full combination. Nickolas is already checking the café, so I'll check out this place." They point to (54) Pleasant Waters Harbor on a map of the town. If you want answers about what the hell is going on, naturally go to the most creepy areas. Made sense to the the Nidorina.

"Maybe I can have a word with some of the officers later, but I'll probably get to that tomorrow."
    Last edited by DayBreak; 05-14-2022 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Changed the action since Nickolas is already checking out the restaurant.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar

Sorry if I'm late guys, I died. But I'm better now.

And you know what? I better NOT die the same way again. I demand variation in my deaths! Originality!

Anyway, I'm gonna go explore (44) Jade Acres Park.

Oh, and if you think this drawing is ugly? Give me a break I was just reincarnated!

5. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Totally goofed and forgot about this last Day 1 Night Cycle post (sorry sammy!) so here are the results before we jump into the exciting outcomes of the Day 2 Day Cycle posts!

*Turns the clocks back for just a bit, moon’s back in the sky, the stars are out, and… action!*

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    Search (9) Macro Market
    Curious about what you heard from Benni regarding the vase she found, you head southeast to the Macro Market, wondering if there really is something nefarious there or if something else happened to Benni and maybe the vase was some kind of hallucination. For all you know, it could simply be a false alarm, but you want to see for yourself and validate it before going any further.

Intentionally, you wait for the store to close and for the last minute shoppers to be ushered out of the store minutes before it shuts down for the night. You see the owner, Devin the Snorlax, lock up the front entrance while you quietly hide behind the eastern side of the Seaport Plaza building and watch from a distance. You’re not sure if he even knows about the vase, but right now, you figure it’s safe to assume he doesn’t until you can either ask him yourself or if you happen to find out from someone else. But the wiser part of you decides not to disclose it. Devin or one of his employees might toss it out and it could be destroying valuable clues that relate to the Stalkers.

After he leaves and heads west, you wait for the coast to be clear and then you perform your search, using the cover of night as you gallop on your hooves toward the main building. Though you know the vase is inside, you decide to first search over the perimeter to see if there’s anything else that seems suspicious out there.

You see the main building itself is in pretty good shape and besides a random piece of trash here and there and a few overgrown weeds, nothing alerts you as being unusual or nefarious. You figure Devin is on top of keeping this place maintained, and in terms of security, he has it pretty locked up tight. At first, you think you might not be able to sneak in and take a look around, but you find the metallic pulldown door by the loading dock in the back wasn’t fully closed and thus the lock at the bottom was never engaged with the receiving clip in the bottom of the door itself. And as a result, you see an opportunity in that oversight.

Using one of your hooves, you slide up the door quietly and just enough to slip inside under the pulldown door. You take a look around in the loading and storage area, finding boxes and pallets of store merchandise ready to be stocked on the shelves tomorrow morning. It’s a bit dark, but in the dim light coming from the windows, you can see just enough to make out the outlines of objects and recognize what they are.

You don’t find too much in the employee and office area of the store, but you get an idea of the kind of Pokémon that Devin is just from seeing how he works here. His ledgers and records are pretty well-organized and you see he keeps a lot of notes about inventory, restocking, employee hours, and logistics of that nature. Staff notices are kept up to date and he keeps chalkboards of information and store guidelines in plain sight on the walls for his staff to see and observe.

You then venture into the main store area, trotting on your hooves on the gray-tiled floor as your head looks left and right and up and down in all directions looking at all the store shelves and displays around you. You immediately take note that Macro Market is mostly a food store, but there are a few shelves for seasonal items, home goods, and office supplies, although that’s definitely not the main specialty of this place and any shopper would see their purchase options are limited with that regard. Still, you imagine around this area is where Benni ran into that vase, and you intend on seeing if you can find it to get a better idea of what it is about.

Most of the store doesn’t seem unusual in any way. There’s a bread aisle, a grain aisle, an aisle for produce, and so on. The meat and seafood aisle has you do a bit of a double take. Pokémon in this world do eat each other and you quickly find that out. Fillets of Seaking, Remoraid, Lumineon and many other fish Pokémon are readily available for purchase and no one is going to stop you from buying a freshly prepared Farfetch’d or a Hawlucha to roast in the oven. Beyond that, even steak cuts of Tauros, Miltank, and Bouffalant are available, along with ham shanks and ribs from the bodies of a Pignite and Grumpig. And for those wanting something gamier, there’s Stantler and Sawsbuck meat available as well. It all asks the grim question of who gets to eat and who gets to be meat.

You try not to think about it too much…

You decide to move on and try to get that out of your mind. For the most part, nothing seems all that unusual about the store. But then when you come toward where the home goods are, you steel yourself, looking at the various home items like flower pots and small gardening tools like small shovels and watering cans before you get to the vases on the display shelf. You come across the same vases that Benni talked about previously. The colorful, welcoming, and pretty vases are easily the ones that stand out the most. But you’re specifically looking more for that black, nefarious one that Benni spoke of…

…and you find it.

It’s easy to miss and overlook considering the more colorful vases and pots surrounding it stand out far more than this one does. As Benni described, the vase is a pure jet-black color and you notice the dark crimson runes on it that very much look like some kind of demonic symbolism or dark language. Having known Benni came into contact with this thing and had a horrible reaction to it, you instead look it over and analyze it from different angles without actually touching it, taking her word that this nefarious relic will do something wicked to you if you come into contact with it.

You then carefully peer into the vase without touching it, and it almost looks like a dark oily vortex sitting at the bottom like a whirlpool to oblivion, ready to swallow anything you throw into it. All the while, it absolutely reeks of foul Stalker presence. Benni was right, this is definitely some kind of Demoni artifact that is being hidden here as either some kind of trap to harm the innocent or is being hidden here for some kind of other dark purpose.

As a test, you try putting a single grape you plucked from the produce section into it to see what happens, but the grape is sucked into the vortex without a trace of it left behind and you can only imagine what kind of dark or hellish dimension it was suddenly pulled into. Still, nothing changes and instead the vortex keeps spinning… churning… still demanding something else as an unholy sacrifice…

It hungers for the blackened rose you think. It’s the only shadowy thing that this could connect to…

@{Shadow Vase: Missing Dark Flower} ROCK – (6 Purity Damage)@ has been noted in the Team Records.

Before you leave, you decide to leave a paper note of “don’t touch” by the vase, hoping shoppers coming through here don’t make the same mistake Benni did.

You complete your search through the rest of the building, but nothing seems unusual to you. Still, before you leave, you look back to the shelf with the vases.

Some Stalker was here… you think. They were right here in this store and no one even realized it and suspected anything foul was going on…

To you… that’s the most frightening thought…

Sam the Deerling (S: Normal / Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Nidorino, Krabby, Blaziken, Ralts, Delcatty
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

7. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    56DC5A51-BD9A-4B06-BBF2-D6C011F75B66.jpg

I’ll not mince words. Exonull is a stalker we got done, they target winged folk, and Scy is still technically at risk of them. Crumbs. Now let’s get to this.

B754129E-AF43-4213-8212-A902325C2103.jpg

Hey there… things are a bit scary right now, but I think we’re gonna be alright. Do you think you’ve seen anything funny around that may relate to these Stalkers?

[Action decided: Interview 28, Myta the Chespin. No diplomacy needed, and I won’t pressure her for info she doesn’t wanna share even with rapport.]
    Interview Rapport: VERY POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Type (Grass)
    +1 Shared Evolution Stage (Basic 1 of 3)

As the morning sun rises, you decide to head out and see if you can meet up with Myta the Chespin to find out if she’s seen anything unusual lately. From one grass type to another, you think you would be the best candidate to connect with her and get her take on how things are going in Seabourne.

When you find her, you see she’s leaving her apartment at the Seaport Lofts, carrying a small duffle bag on her shoulder. She seems to be calm and confident and you notice she takes special care about her looks and appearance. You decide to approach her and introduce yourself with a warm smile.

“Oh hey there!” she greets you warmly. “Colored you said your name is? Nice to meet you, I’m Myta! Hey, I was just about to head off to work, but I’m early so I’ve got a few minutes if you’d like to chat!”

You smile and nod, taking a bit of care to not switch over to a grim subject too abruptly, but still, you’re really hoping Myta can provide some answers as to what you’re looking for.

“Hey there… things are a bit scary right now,” you tell her, “but I think we’re gonna be alright. Do you think you’ve seen anything funny around that may relate to these Stalkers?”

As you imagine, the subject of the Stalkers easily takes the smile and pep out of Myta’s composure. You quickly see Myta herself is quite familiar with them…

“Oh… so that’s what this is about…” she states with a solemn tone.

She shivers a bit from the thought, and you can tell this is something that’s been bothering her quite a bit. After taking a moment to collect her thoughts, she looks to you very nervously. She looks far off to the east, and it seems like one of many things has been on her mind.

“Some monster, probably one of those Stalkers, outright vandalized the Latios and Latias statues at the Southshore Chapel. I go there every weekend to attend morning prayer service, and I couldn’t believe it and neither could the other parishioners. Some absolutely sick maniac dug out all of their eyes and then vandalized the plaque with some creepy as all heck message about robbing them of their eyesight and they were bragging about it or something like that. It’s really creepy.”

But then Myta looks off in another direction. It seems like something else is on her mind when she thinks it over a little more. Her expression darkens a bit from just her thoughts about it.

“Or… it could have been someone from the Birthright Chapel,” Myta continues, gritting her teeth in anger. “They are the worst. Absolute swine, I swear I have no respect at all for the whole lot of them. It wouldn’t be the first time someone from that filthy cult harassed us and vandalized our church. And I…”

She stops herself and comes to a conclusion. Then she looks to you, thinking she might have figured something out.

“One of them HAS to be a Stalker!” she insists. “I can just feel it! That creep Junlus… yeah, that creepy Accelgor could be one. He’s such a mean bastard and hates everything about Eonology. Yeah, well feeling’s mutual, buddy, I hate him too and his hideous cult. And that slimy Rampardos… Kesto… no… ugh, what’s his name… starts with a K… uh… Kul… Kulsso! Kulsso, that’s it! Ugh, it sounds like the noise someone makes just before they vomit! He’s Junlus’s right-hand lackey slimeball who does all his dirty work. I’m sure he’s going around spying as well. Yeah? Well, two can play at that game!”

She shakes her head, but then takes a few deep breaths, tries to calm herself down, and then looks back to you.

“Oof, sorry to lose my cool like that, I just… ugh, they make me SO MAD.” Myta tells you, trying to contain her anger. “But listen, Colored, I think it would be a good idea to talk to Jamsaki. She’s a Servine and she’s super nice and really smart. And she’s the Eonlogy priestess who is the overseer for the Southshore Chapel and I’m sure she’d be willing to help you. And I’m sure she could use your help, too.”

After taking another deep breath, she tries to relax and tries to channel her anger into energy and determination.

“So how about it?” Myta asks you with a confident smile. “Let’s find out who did this and bring them to justice! After work, I’m going to do a little spy work of my own to see if I can uncover something. And this time I’m bringing my camera to get some proof. I’ll let you know if I find anything and hopefully I can catch them red-handed! Wouldn’t that be awesome!? The cops will rip them a new one if I can get enough evidence!”

“And maybe you can talk to Jamsaki to see what help she needs!” she recommends to you. “Tell your friends we can use their help, too! Let’s do this! I’m sure Jamsaki will reward you with something if she can! And if not, I’m sure you’ll win some nice divine favor with Latios and Latias! Nothing beats that!”

Colored the Snivy (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | 3/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cinccino
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

Administrator

Hmm, this place doesn't seem like it would hurt to search.

At least I hope not...

Search: (27) Southshore Chapel

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Search (12) Reliable Med Clinic and Urgent Care.

Senior Moderator

I'm gonna use my Security Skill to try and untrap one of our items
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I will go search (4) Kako Industries Farm
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire