Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'll look around (45) The Multok Apartment Complex (ABANDONED)

( Gonna put on that Dreamwatch Necklace as extra insurance and go see about speaking with (44) Llanas the Primarina tonight )

Lyric was going to have a long night ahead of them. After having a filling dinner, they decided to go out and try to interview some other Pokémon. Though they figure it'd be a good idea to have access to the knowledge about whether or not they've spoken to a Stalker. Grabbing the Dreamwatch Necklace from the equipment storage and putting it on with slight difficulty, they left into the town.

As they walked through the emptier roads, their mind drifted back to those they'd met. Of course, he'd never really interacted much with the other Savants, as from day one, they could feel the sand running down the hourglass, the seconds ticking down to demise. But of course, there were those they'd helped, and even one in particular they'd saved.

Suddenly they realized: they'd told several people their name back when they were a Nidorina. If the Stalkers were catching onto their plans, then they'd have to be a bit more cautious. After all, at first glance you could never know who could be working with them. They decided to go by a shortened version of their last name, "Winter", for this lifetime, at least for the moment.

Eventually, they realized that they'd made it into town, having zoned out for quite a while there. Shaking themself back to waking, they looked around for a moment, before their gaze fell upon a Primarina. They hoped that this would be an easy interview. After all, they were still trying to get the hang of movement. Maybe they could get some tips? Even with their muscle memory returning, they recalled staying close to or in the water during the lifetime they had this form.

"Excuse me, can I ask you a few things?" Lyric called out, moving towards the other Water-type with... well, a lack of grace to put it simply. Tatsujin or not, Brionnes were not built for land.

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    So this morning gave me quite the spiritual beating and a half, though we at least know what’s up with Betta now! But jeez do I need myself a break... So now it’s been pointed out to me, I’ll just rest instead.
    Last edited by C0L0R3D; 08-24-2022 at 07:42 PM.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Administrator

I'm gonna take the night to just chill. Maybe it'll help a little in the long run. I'll go visit the well in (5) Jadebreeze Forest.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

@Lychee Congrats on completing that word search! Here are the results! Note that this doesn’t count as your Day 6 Night Cycle action, so feel free to make one!

You can’t blame Yanza for having her guard up with everything that’s going on. Between her and Dantus, you feel Yanza has been out in the field more and seems to have more street smarts when it comes to finding out what’s been going on. That, and she make sure she watches her back.

“We had our own run-in with Velli, also,” you tell the Purugly, letting her know she isn’t alone when it comes to dealing with the traitor Sylveon. “And we found something else. Something Velli would kill to know about and share to the Stalkers.”

“And what would that be?” Yanza asks, wondering just how more extreme things could get. “Could it have something to do with the fact that… you’re glowing? Because that’s got me wondering.”

You imagine the newly-appointed Sheriff hasn’t had too many run-ins with the supernatural and this is likely her first time. As you might expect, any Pokémon that sees it and is unfamiliar with it might feel uneasy.

“That’s just part of the story,” you inform her, feeling you can trust her with this information. “I’m sure you’ve already figured out the Stalkers are working on a supernatural level. They’re dark spirits called the “Demoni,” hijacking the minds and bodies of innocent Pokémon and then corrupting their dreams and desires to slaughter unsuspecting victims. As a result, we’re not going to be able to eliminate them using conventional means.”

Yanza nods, looking at her pile of police and investigation reports. You figure she’s seen plenty to get that feeling. And you can tell from the look in her eyes that at first, she didn’t believe it for the longest time and tried to apply logical deduction and what was possible within the frame of reality. But you already know it’s beyond the understand and conventional practices a Pokémon from this world might be used to.

…No, something much darker and sinister that’s beyond imagination is at work here…

“I think it’s clear we need to team up before it’s too late,” she tells you, understanding that there’s a lot more happening behind the scenes. “I want to know what you do and in turn, I’ll try to get you caught up on everything Dantus and I have found. As Sheriff now, it’s totally in my authority now to do this, and now that we have no deputies, it’s time for me to fix that.”

#49 Yanza the Purugly: <Diplomacy

You tell her everything from start to finish, each of the findings that you and the other Savants have come across. The whole time, Yanza pays very close attention, never realizing there were so many hidden details regarding what the Stalkers have been hiding.

She also knew nothing about Black Moon or the Puhdistus and Majutsu Rituals, but she’s able to get caught up quickly and it has already added to the scope of the operation and the possible alternative means to eliminate these Stalkers. These rituals are beyond anything she could have foreseen, but you show enough evidence that they are entirely believable and can be validated. And that you’ve given strong consideration to pursue them as solutions to this problem plaguing Seabourne.

#49 Yanza the Purugly has become Compliant.

“Damn, I wasn’t expecting even half of that, but you just blew my mind away,” Yanza remarks, refusing to have any doubts about any of this. “Ok, time for my end of the bargain.”

“The evidence behind Deadpus and Betta the Zigzagoon is clearly damning,” Yanza begins, writing down in notes and diagrams as she explains her investigations and shows you the police reports that confirm these allegations. “I don’t know how you plan on killing Deadpus, but do it as soon as you can. There’s some dark evil crap going on here.”

“We both know about Exonull,” Yanza continues. “She loves to target flying Pokémon and she’s already killed a number of them already. Including Tayou, and I swear she was already past redemption even before that. The evidence you found and we found highly suggests Exonull is one of those Beachwood University students. Sarkkan, Caily, Vocco, and Kabi are all possible suspects on this. You mentioned Sarkkan was never at the Slacker’s Shack, so I believe that rules him out. This one we still need confirmation, but we’re getting damn close.”

“Then we’ve got Fallow,” Yanza tells you as she opens up a new case file. “This pile of trash is a child-killer. Now, I know the evidence we have behind this guy is minimal, but I have a strong hunch I know who is behind this. Take a look at this and it might start to make sense.”

=Seabourne Police Report= has been added to the Team Records.

“I swear I hate these old typewriters,” she sighs.

“Anyway,” she continues, “I don’t think the rehab worked. At least not long term. And it got me thinking just why the hell Drestan would be carrying around an Oddish doll to bring it to the Dewall address. Well, you read the report. The creepy bird’s brain is fried, that’s why.”

[Emerald Fields Townhouses Burial Location] has been added to the Team Inventory.

“This is the exact spot he mentioned,” Yanza tells you, showing you an ‘X’ marker that Drestan himself had drawn on a map. “I swear we had to interrogate him hard to explain what pray tell this was all about and he sure didn’t make this easy. An initial look at the actual site didn’t reveal much. There’s nothing there and we didn’t have clearance to dig there at the time. Dantus thinks it’s a lie but I still say it’s worth looking into, but I haven’t had even an ounce of free time to dig it up myself. If you or one of your friends could do that, have at it, you’d be doing us a major favor.”

“Anyway, I have no idea how Drestan is still working as a coast guard,” Yanza sighs. “That’s one thing about the police and coast guard of Seabourne… we sure as hell don’t get along. Malco, in my opinion, was a forgive and forget idiot and I’m not surprised he died. It left Drestan and Erine in charge and they both have been doing a glamorously piss-poor job at helping this investigation. If you ask me, I think they’re traitors just like Velli is.”

“Moving on, our fourth confirmed Stalker is Inzekth,” Yanza explains, showing you a batch of new files. “Something about this psychopath loves impaling victims with thorns, branches, and other natural-based impaling weapons. At first, I thought it might be a grass type, but something about these things doesn’t even seem natural. That and these reports about what’s been going on at the Sunshine Farm only seem to confirm that. These are plants that I’m convinced aren’t even native to this world, growing underground with no sunlight and limited nutrients. That and the fact they prey on the living.”

Languished is the fifth of these freaks,” Yanza continues. “I’m suspecting that like Betta, we’re dealing with another kid here. Or at least a Pokémon that acts and behaves like a kid. Meanwhile, they seem obsessed with beauty. And the crap they do to their victims… it’s beyond grotesque. Nearly made me vomit the first time I saw it. In layman’s terms, the victim starts cutting themselves up and performs some ungodly self plastic surgery only to make it worse and worse. And they bleed out in shredded pieces. Definitely not a way I want to die.”

“I’m convinced this creep’s layer is in fact the Silver Candle Theater House,” Yanza continues, flipping through the notes you’ve provided before she finds what Scy discovered there earlier. “I swear, whoever this Scy friend of yours has guts to walk into that creepy as all hell cesspool, but I’m glad she did. We just need to figure out what the hell is lurking behind that door.”

“And we have our last and final Stalker, Edifice,” Yanza takes a deep breath. “Yeah, we both have seen what’s been going on with this. The brain aneurism is not natural. I had to talk to Reyond the Glaceon about this. He’s a psychiatrist and he’s reported getting claims of his patients sometimes having dreams where they kill a Pokémon and to no coincidence at all, it’s the same Pokémon that suffers the brain aneurism. So what Edifice does is make some Pokémon dream they’re the killers and the victim in the dream actually dies in real life. Reyond managed to get enough details about these dreams to find out who was working alongside who and they confirmed it. It’s pretty freaky stuff, but it’s exactly what we’re dealing with here. That and the fact Edifice seems to have this reoccurring theme where everyone is a killer and bound by sin or some crap like that. Again, it’s another mind game and it’s best if no one even thinks about it for too long.”

“A ton of this evidence seems to point toward Korak,” Yanza tells you, showing you the investigation evidence and matching it with what the Savants found. “I’ve talked to him, too, and why he’s constantly being depicted in these weird drawings, but he totally denies it and offers to help the investigation instead to prove it’s not him. I’ve even given him a chance and instead I get pointed in the wrong directions with him. Do yourself a favor and don’t even talk to him. He’s playing games with us and I think he’s trying to portray himself as the victim when really, my hunch is this fraud is a Stalker himself. Problem is even if I had evidence, I have nothing to stop him with. Although with these weird rituals and demon killer weapons you showed me, have at it with him.”

“Whatever you do, don’t work with Korak,” Yanza advises you. “I’ve already tried it and even though the guy is supposed to be smart and knows a lot of things about the history of this town, which I thought might be useful, he’s nothing when it comes to this investigation and I have a firm understanding why that is. He’s likely one of them. If you want help, you come to me or Dantus, though he’s more than busy now and has his hands full. But I can help you. Vanni the Umbreon might be able to help you as well. She’s well aware of some of the medical prognoses that have happened to many of the victims and she might be able to guide you with that, too. Ask her about Drestan, she can provide you with more details and can follow-up with that investigation report I gave you with her own medical notes. If you pair those together, it may be everything you need to confirm Drestan’s true nature.”

The Stalker Status in the Team Records has been updated.

“I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done so far,” Yanza tells you with a tired sigh. “I’ll admit, we’re dealing with something on a whole other level here and it’s unlike anything I’ve seen before. I’ve been unable to conjure up any real options to deal with these demons, but it seems like these rituals and demon-killer weapons are the way to go, though I have no idea where to get started with that voodoo stuff myself. But I’ll look into seeing if I can uncover more about what these Stalkers are up to. That should at least give you the truth so you can take aim and pull the trigger on these creeps.”

You nod and reply in thanks, grateful for the valuable information she’s provided. To say the least, you’re thankful for the helpful ally you have gained in this investigation…

ChiChi the Tatsujin Tapu Lele (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 16/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 10/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Corviknight, Milotic, Aurorus, Espeon, Alcremie
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: +|J| Blessed Armband+ (1S, 1P)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'll look around (45) The Multok Apartment Complex (ABANDONED)
    With the coming of the night, you head out, making your way west toward the Multok Apartment Complex. The air tonight feels still and stale as you make your way into the shadows, and it almost sends the slightest of chills through your dark blue carapace. The clouds seem to hide the moon tonight, so there’s even less light than before.

There isn’t much nightlife activity tonight, as it almost feels like the stale air itself is serving as some eerie and supernatural curfew. Once you arrive at the apartment building, you notice how much of a state of disrepair the three story building is in. From the outside, it’s literally crumbling apart and the brown bricks that were used to construct it seem to be cracking and crumbling faster than usual. Meanwhile, virtually every window is broken completely and the inside seems as dark as the void.

You first search the outside grounds, and it seems odd and unusual that the exterior condition of the building makes it seem like it’s been crumbling for many, many decades when really it has only been a few years. The bushes and shrubs that were supposed to be growing here were overtaken by weeds, and now it seems like even the life has been sucked out of those as well. The stone patio has crumbled apart and the outside furniture has collapsed as if it’s been neglected for over a hundred years. Nothing about the situation seems natural.

Slight traces of Stalker presence can be slightly felt all around. It seems to bear a familiar signature, and judging from what you’ve been told, you believe you have a handle on what’s been going on here.

“Deadpus…” you mutter to yourself.

The Stalker that sucks the life and youth out of anyone. But it seems like even her aura has some effect on the surrounding environment.

You head inside, using an old flashlight to navigate your way around. From what you can see, the interior reveals a very hollow, empty, and cold building that was completely cleaned out. The only things remaining are a few old hallway lamps that no longer work. As you can tell, anything that was nailed or bolted down was left behind, but you see that all of the tenants have left long ago with Multok’s mysterious departure. Unlike some other houses and buildings in the area, at least the tenants had the chance to gather their things before they left. But now, it’s as if the building is completely devoid of life, like it’s nothing more than an empty husk without a soul.

Every apartment you check is essentially empty, leaving only slight traces of rubbish such as scrap papers, empty tin cans, and broken pieces of wood and metal. Meanwhile, it’s eerily quiet in this building, as if it feels like you’re the only one that’s walked these halls for hundreds of years when you know it hasn’t been that long.

And then, in one of the rooms, you find something starkly unusual. Under a discarded old gray tarp, you find a child’s lockbox, one depicting hearts, stars, and rainbows while the rest of it is colored a cheerful pink. And yet, despite its rather playful and cheerful appearance, it seems slathered with Stalker presence…

…Deadpus’s presence…

{Child’s Lockbox: Heart Keyhole OR <Security>} has been noted in the Team Records

Despite having a basic lock, you can’t break or pry it open, but it’s clear this belongs to Betta the Zigzagoon and she placed this lockbox here for a reason. It doesn’t feel like a trap, but it does feel like she put it here to put it out of her mind in this cold, hollow, and forlorn place of emptiness. Perhaps… in a way, it felt like she was casting it into the void without actually doing so.

There’s something in here she doesn’t want anyone to see. It has to be one of her dark secrets…

Without any means of getting it open, you decide to leave it for now, even though you’re pretty convinced Betta won’t be coming back here for it unless she really needs to.

After searching the rest of the building, you don’t find much else besides emptiness, but you do make a note about the lockbox in the hopes someone can use the key or pick the lock to see what exactly Deadpus wants Betta to hide here.

You then head back to Benni’s farmstead, looking over your shoulder. You’re not sure what Betta is up to tonight, but she’s out there… somewhere… perhaps watching you. You look around and you don’t see anyone, but you can’t help but get the feeling she’s watching someone right now.

Scy the Tatsujin Heracross (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 14/20 | Purity: 19/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Heracross, Scyther, Centiskorch, Snom, Volcarona
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: +|J| Diamond Necklace+ (2S, 2P)

7. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DayBreak View Post
    ( Gonna put on that Dreamwatch Necklace as extra insurance and go see about speaking with (44) Llanas the Primarina tonight )

Lyric was going to have a long night ahead of them. After having a filling dinner, they decided to go out and try to interview some other Pokémon. Though they figure it'd be a good idea to have access to the knowledge about whether or not they've spoken to a Stalker. Grabbing the Dreamwatch Necklace from the equipment storage and putting it on with slight difficulty, they left into the town.

As they walked through the emptier roads, their mind drifted back to those they'd met. Of course, he'd never really interacted much with the other Savants, as from day one, they could feel the sand running down the hourglass, the seconds ticking down to demise. But of course, there were those they'd helped, and even one in particular they'd saved.

Suddenly they realized: they'd told several people their name back when they were a Nidorina. If the Stalkers were catching onto their plans, then they'd have to be a bit more cautious. After all, at first glance you could never know who could be working with them. They decided to go by a shortened version of their last name, "Winter", for this lifetime, at least for the moment.

Eventually, they realized that they'd made it into town, having zoned out for quite a while there. Shaking themself back to waking, they looked around for a moment, before their gaze fell upon a Primarina. They hoped that this would be an easy interview. After all, they were still trying to get the hang of movement. Maybe they could get some tips? Even with their muscle memory returning, they recalled staying close to or in the water during the lifetime they had this form.

"Excuse me, can I ask you a few things?" Lyric called out, moving towards the other Water-type with... well, a lack of grace to put it simply. Tatsujin or not, Brionnes were not built for land.

Lyric Winterheart has equipped the +|J| Dreamwatch Necklace+ (Wearer gets notified if they speak or have spoken to a Stalker)

You prepare for tonight by having a large dinner that will keep you going for quite a while. You then put the Dreamwatch Necklace on, wondering what it might reveal about Llanas and if she’s a Stalker. Thankfully, none of them would know what this necklace does and the valuable secret kept within it…

As you feel it around your neck, you focus your mind and memories on the necklace as it begs to discern and peer into your recollections and the Pokémon you’ve spoken to… their true natures revealed… their intentions unraveled.

…Verio the Toucannon… husband of Farshira and father of Kammia, Krago, and the departed Ralon… is not a Stalker…

You had a feeling he wasn’t, but considering the nature of the Stalkers, you can never be too sure. But still, there is one other that comes to mind…

…Korak the Nidoking… professor at Beachwood University…

…is the Stalker EDIFICE…

For a few seconds, the truth is revealed, and the facial memory of Korak is stripped away to reveal the dark and loathsome Demoni, Edifice. The one who kills others in their dreams… the one who bestows guilt and regret upon all. Your breath is almost stolen away as this realization is discovered, and you realize that Korak was truly lying and misdirecting the team the whole time. Yanza, too, had her susceptions about him, and now you see her intuition was correct.

Korak truly is one of the afflicted… and all his actions and words are not his own, but that of E̜dĩ̦̣̬̘̽ͥͨf͈̱͇̲ͬ̆ͦ̈̅ͅi̖͎̥cͯ̇͛͐ͬ̽̾e…

#31 Korak the Nidoking has been confirmed as the Stalker EDIFICE.

At the moment, there’s not much you can do even with this knowledge, but in time, once the preparations are made, you can use this truth… this knowledge… and put Edifice down. For good. Forever.

After shuffling your way into town, you find it’s rather quiet and empty tonight, but you still manage to track down Llanas. As she is the captain of the XSHO Freighter 413, you find her on the ship itself, which looks like it’s been docked for a while. You almost feel surprised that she doesn’t seem to be bothered very much about the situation, and she’s simply relaxing on the deck, drinking what looks to be very similar to margarita.

The Dreamwatch Necklace slightly reacts as you approach her…

…Llanas the Primarina… is not a Stalker…

You sigh, finding that’s a relief. It does establish more trust in her, but you also know that there are Pokémon working with the Demoni, even if they’re not Stalkers themselves. To confirm if she’s a dark ally or simply a civilian living her normal life… there’s only one way to find out…

“Excuse me,” you approach Llanas, hoping she might be able to help you, “Can I ask you a few things?”

Interview Rapport: EXCELLENT
    Same evolution line!

She looks to you with a confident smug grin. You can tell from the look in her eyes that it’s been a long time since she’s seen one of her own kind, so this was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. To her, you’re kin and she respects that.

“Hey, haven’t seen you lately,” Llanas smiles. “Enjoying this little miserable town, eh? Well, you’ve come to the right place, we’re making the best of this crappy situation and just enjoying ourselves.”

It does make you wonder just how Llanas can be so carefree at a time like this. Despite the grim situation and the stale feeling in the air with the cloudy, murky skies overhead, Llanas seems to be enjoying herself like she’s on vacation. You’ve already confirmed she’s not afflicted with the Demoni, but she does seem rather apathetic about the situation.

You decide to ask her about the Stalkers, wondering if she’s aware about the situation and if she’s seen anything out of the ordinary. She sees you’re concerned, and while she’s carefree about the situation, she decides to help you, even though her attitude about the situation differs from yours.

“Yeah, there’s something damn odd about what’s going on around town,” she replies, though she doesn’t seem at all anxious about it. “See, I haven’t even been in town for that long and neither has the rest of my crew, but Malco was a tremendous pain in the ass for me. If there’s one thing I really hate, it’s tone-deaf morons like that dunce telling me what to do, and he’s been doing that to all the ships currently docked here. No way. Well, big surprise, I just found out a Stalker killed him.”

“I met a young guy, Velay is his name,” Llanas smiles at the thought of it. “Charming Buizel fellow, really. If only he were a little older and wasn’t so broke, I might have considered dating him. Nothing else to do here while we’re grounded, so might as well! He’s got a lot of interesting stories. I invited him for a drink and he gladly accepted. God, men can be so difficult sometimes, but he’s a fine chap. Not the luckiest son of a gun, but I could have seen myself making the same mistakes he has.”

“And he’s invited me for drinks, too,” Llanas smiles, looking off a bit as she fantasizes. “His ship, The Flying Ace, isn’t anything like this huge commercial freighter, but he’s into salvaging and finding shipwrecks to plunder. See, that’s a young man with a sense of adventure. What I wouldn’t give to be a little younger and join him for such escapades, you know what I’m saying?”

It does make you wonder about Velay. You haven’t spoken to him before, but the way Llanas talks about him, it does have you wondering what kind of guy he is. Llanas goes on about one of his salvaging stories, and to you, he comes across as a guy that would rather be broke, but at least happy about what he’s doing. Adventure, salvaging, searching for lost treasures…

“So yes, there was something odd I found on his ship, The Flying Ace, while I was looking around while he had to use the restroom,” she explains to you. “Some broken medallion thing that seriously looks like it wasn’t even from this planet. At first, I thought it was just some trinket he was meaning to sell. I showed it to him, but he said he had no idea where it came from. Makes me wonder about him. Velay doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would be a Stalker, but eh, I haven’t thought about it too much. I just put it back and figured he can do what he wants with it.”

“So with Malco dead, it does have me wondering what the Coast Guard is doing,” Llanas smiles and shrugs. “If you ask me, his two coast guard operatives, Drestan and Erine… they’re something else. Both mental cases if you ask me. I don’t know if Malco being dead means we’re free to sail out of here, but the last thing I need is yet another infraction on my naval license. Besides, I’m technically still on the clock and getting paid although we’ve already long-unloaded our cargo, so our job’s done. We’re still here because Malco felt everyone was a suspect so we were ordered to stay put until further notice. Well, does him getting killed count as ‘further notice?’ Sounds about right to me.”

“Anyway, that’s about all that I know when it comes to this stuff,” Llanas smiles to you. “Night’s young, so if you’re still up for it, have one of these drinks with me sometime!”

You tell her you’ll think about it before wishing her goodbye.

On the way back to the farmstead, you consider everything that Llanas tells you. More and more, you hear reports about something strange going in with the coast guard. And then there was the medallion fragment that she found on the Flying Ace. You’re thinking maybe you’d want to have a look at it yourself to see if there anything kind of connection to everything else you’ve found…

Lyric Winterheart the Tatsujin Brionne (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Reincarnation Forms: Brionne, Mega Ampharos, Hisuian Goodra, Latios, Amaura
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: +|J| Dreamwatch Necklace+ (Wearer gets notified if they speak or have spoken to a Stalker)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    So this morning gave me quite the spiritual beating and a half, though we at least know what’s up with Betta now! But jeez do I need myself a break... So now it’s been pointed out to me, I’ll just rest instead.
    Feeling both physically, mentally, and spiritual exhausted, you decide to get some extra rest tonight and give your body and spirit time and space to recover. Some of the rather grim sights and pain still linger and haunt your mind, but after giving yourself some time to heal, you figure you’ll feel much better tomorrow morning.

You climb into bed and get comfortable under the fluffy bedsheets, pulling them close to your chin as you lay your tired head on the plushy pillow that Benni has provided you. It feels warm, cozy, and safe here, and it allows you to gently close your eyes and allow yourself to drift off to a calm and restful sleep. Instead of the darkness feeling blinding, shrouding, and threatening like it did before, it begins to feel more like a protective blanket… a blanket of peace, quiet, and protection.

Colored has recovered 8 Points of Health (full), 10 Points of Sanity, and 12 Points of Purity (full).

As a pleasant surprise, Yume bestows a good dream upon you. You dream of having green leafy wings, and they allow you to fly high besides a miraculous sunrise unlike anything you’ve seen before. Below you is a mystical beach with pink and white sand while lively palm trees are scattered alongside the shore. The very sight and feeling of this seems like nirvana and the horrors that the Stalkers have inflicted upon you simply melt away into nothingness. You glide, fly upwards, and playfully flip and somersault in the air as if you were always born to do this… and yet the feeling never grows old.

And you smile as you sleep, feeling as though for that beautiful moment, you’re invincible and will always be happy…

Colored the Snivy (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 17/20 | Purity: 24/24 | 6/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Reincarnation Forms: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cinccino
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I'm gonna take the night to just chill. Maybe it'll help a little in the long run. I'll go visit the well in (5) Jadebreeze Forest.
    You decide to go out tonight and head into Jadebreeze Forest, having learned of the secret Funsui well within that mysterious, enigmatic clearning. After eating dinner with the others, you go outside, seemingly surrounded by the stale air around you. The skies are murky overhead with dark clouds and there isn’t very much moonlight to work with at all, but you make the best of the situation and head into the nearby forest anyway.

As you drift through the air and levitate your way through the trees, almost within seconds it feels like you’ve entered a completely different world, and the atmosphere around you doesn’t feel stale or as dark as it is just outside. It almost feels completely detached from Seabourne Town… detached from Vie entirely…

In areas where it should be pitch black, there is still a faint illumination here, which seems almost unnatural. Nonetheless, you keep following the instructions you were given to reach the well. All the while, it feels as though the trees are providing you cover, protection, and sanctuary in this strange and mysterious forest. From the outside, you’d never suspect this presence would be within here, but as you enter, it almost coaxes you into a feeling of gentle, welcoming wanderlust. For a moment, you feel all the allure of getting lost while exploring new sights and experiences without the anxiety of not being able to find your way back.

Eventually you reach the well, and you find the small clearing where the well lies in the center. You had been told the well seemed as though it were from another world, and you see exactly what they meant once you see the purple-colored ornamental roof and the crystalline basin of this seemingly mythical structure. You float your way toward it, allowing your childlike curiosity to be drawn toward the waters.

You then look over the walls of the crystal basin, and peer into the waters inside. The cyan-colored liquid is unlike anything you’ve ever seen more, but you gaze into them, close your eyes, and then make a wish…

I want to know the secrets. What can you tell me about my dreams?

For a moment, you are enveloped by a gentle, dreamlike light. With your normal eyes shut, you open your true eye and use it to look upon the waters of dreams… the realm of Yume… and everything it could ever desire to tell you about what you’ve seen, felt, and experienced…

…and then suddenly it all comes to you.

The memories come back to you. Before, they were only figments of recollection, engrams that remained as only fragments, but now they replay before your visions in their full entirety. The lives you’ve lived before, the emotions you’ve felt… suddenly all of this understanding comes back and the things you’ve forgotten are made clear again…

But with the memories of those past lives, Yume shows you the dreams you had in all those previous lives, and it feels like you’ve spent centuries here reliving all of those dreams when it has only been a few minutes. The unbelievable adventures you’ve had, the journeys to faraway impossible places, and the experiences you now remember come back to you…

Chakra has gained 5 points of Kurosuōbā…
    Chakra has become Tatsujin.

…and it’s then that you understand and acknowledge Yume and everything it has to show you, like a teacher… a training ground and workshop for all things your imagination and dreams can conjure from the nothingness. It is here that you realize you can do and become anything, create and share whatever you wish to see, and take on a journey to anywhere you wish to go, however near or far…

…it’s all up to you.

The miracle of linking Yume to Vie is made apparent to you, and you realize just how limitlessly strong this knowledge is, though you understand how it needs to be approached with special care. By no means it is an easy undertaking, but it is within possibility with the right knowledge and practice.

Having seen everything you could within this time, you close your true eye, and then open your normal set of eyes to see you have become a Tatsujin, and now like the rest of the forest, you have your own source of illumination as you radiate a gentle, calming glow the way a spirit would.

The power and understanding of Yume are within you now, and you head back, having found everything you were hoping to find and unraveling the mysteries of answers to questions you weren’t even aware of before you stepped into this forest.

You drift and lightly levitate your way back to the farmstead, and even upon leaving the forest, the air around you doesn’t feel as bleak and stale as it once did. Tonight, you feel full of hope, promise, imagination, and creativity that feels like it can go anywhere… do anything… and achieve the impossible…

Chakra the Tatsujin Jirachi (S: Kūsho)
    Health: 14/16 | Sanity: 11/20 | Purity: 15/24 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Guardian Armor+ (4H, 2P)
    • Jewelry: +|J| Sapphire Amulet+ (1S, 2P)

Oh dear! Oh my! I was so caught up thinking and chatting I forgot to hop to it! Or... Hover, I suppose.
    I'll go have a diplomatic debrief with Mortek, and see if Taiyou left anything behind that might help us... Avenge her? Maybe that's the wrong word for it. But still
    !