Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, back then, we didn't have smartphones or any easily accessible video recording stuff.

They looked like fun, but what I did do was make silly audio recordings and skits with my brother. Could have turned those into fun and goofy podcasts had those been around at that time.

Administrator

Yeah it's odd lookin back at how things have improved technologically. Not having access to all we do now. I didn't make like home videos or anything, but a lot of old ideas probably left around.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    There's a bit of fun in making the most out of limited resources

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    My parents have these little tapes of me and my siblings when we were really little...I keep trying to convince them to get those converted to digital so we can watch them again. I know on some of them, me and my sister made our own "tv shows" with our plushies and toys and I wanna see them again.

Administrator

It's totally weird seeing all these older videos. Especially the one's before most of our time.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, a lot of the goofy audio cassette recordings my brother and I did go back at least twenty years ago. We came up with the silliest but most random funny stuff and junk totally on the fly without any planning or scripting to it whatsoever like a series of goofy Monty Python skits or nonsense you'd see on Whose Line is it Anyway?

I still have the cassettes laying around somewhere. And I checked and they actually do sell converters for turning what's on a cassette tape into an MP3 file. Kind of tempting to do that and share it, but yeah, I'd definitely have to give peeps the heads up that these things are a bit old and aren't things my brother and I recorded yesterday. xD

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'd really love to see those old "shows" we made since I remember some of them. I remember being really frustrated with my parents because they wouldn't put enough effort into the camerawork lol.

Administrator

Yeah they sell converters for most things now. Or if not, there's programs for it. Heck most computers these days don't have Disk Drives for CDs anymore. It's all digital. "Follow the link listed on this paper and enter this code to download." That sorta thing.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, newer games don't really seem to have physical copies anymore. Heck, some older programs don't even work on the new operating systems anymore, either. Just before Flash died entirely, Windows 10 killed my version of Flash 8 and I would have had to go back to Windows 7 to use it. And then bang, then one day it was totally gone.

And yeah, if you want a disc drive, it has to be external. Heck, I had to buy an external disc drive just so I could install Photoshop CS6 (which was absolutely worth it considering the horrendous subscription model they have now). The help menu doesn't work anymore, but whatever, if I have an issue, I can just Google that.