Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, I was planning on attending the NY Renaissance Faire sometime early to mid September. Catching Covid around then would... suck. And I don't think it would matter too much considering the whole thing is like 99% outdoors.

Administrator

Yeah and it's awful it's affecting schools still. I'm hearing stories of some kids getting kicked out of school because they aren't wearing a mask. One story of where the principal called the cops on a 4 yr old because he wasn't wearing a mask. Covid has made everything so much worse for the entire world.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

The stupid thing is it doesn't even affect kids that much. Definitely feels more like it's just to get them to comply with instructions. It made sense in the beginning with the deadlier strains, but now they've weakened considerably and the chances of being even hospitalized from it are incredibly low.

I mean really, with the way some of these teachers and principals are going, it's like they want kids to wear masks forever and ever. Heck, why not just have the whole class show up in hazmat suits? And on top of that, roll everyone around in bubble wrap to keep them really safe! Yeah, that's totally the way to live!

People need to get back to being realistic and reasonable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I'm guessing once medicine for COVID is created the concern would be diminished.

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Administrator

Well it's all a part of our daily lives now. We will probably need to get an annual vaccine like for many other things out there. The main thing it. Now that we have a better protection from it. We can't continue to live in fear of it. Else, life will never go back to at least some sense of normalcy.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, that's my thing. There's always going to be some risk in all everyday things. Driving in a car, taking the elevator, getting on an airplane... you can't always be thinking about what the worst possible outcome is going to be. Same goes for Covid. If you've gotten the vaccines, then the risk of you getting seriously ill from Covid are very low. You might still catch it (plenty of people I know have gotten it), but your chances of surviving it are drastically higher, especially if you're in pretty good health (younger, not obese, not smoking, etc.).

We've been cooped up under restrictions for the last two years. It's time to get out there and have fun again. And if you're still not sure, you have to ask yourself when will you feel safe enough again to be living normally?

Administrator

Yeah you really never know how the next day is going to be. The next virus could be right around the corner. These things are always evolving. So we can't just let it run how things are around the world. Otherwise we will never see any sense of normalcy again.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I think initially people were freaking out about Monkeypox, but that doesn't spread around nearly as easily as Covid does.

Still, that's not one to be afraid of either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Plus, we have a working vaccine for that one, so we're not starting from scratch.

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Administrator

It works for sure. We may just have to continue getting a booster.

The time is upon us...