Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Administrator

So any time period or event in history from the world would suffice for this entry? What if I don't make the deadline for this one? Would I still be able to enter the next one? It'll be a little more time consuming for me is all since the only place I'd be able to write anything would be here on the forum rather than an actual Word Processor since mine broke as my computer starts dying out slower and slower. lol

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

@Chakramaster - You're free to opt in and out of weeks. :] You're not obliged to participate in any one week, or two. You don't have to have competed in previous weeks to compete in a later week, and vice versa. :]

And yes, any period of time, although history is the main focus so if it's, like, yesterday, then it might not be highly scored in the theme category. xD

Quick question: how complete do entries have to be in terms of story arc? The idea I've been working with this week is turning into a monster of a plot and I don't think I can easily trim it down enough that I can complete the arc before the deadline. Would something like a chapter (if it can be called that) be fine?

Prism Stats

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    So any time period or event in history from the world would suffice for this entry? What if I don't make the deadline for this one? Would I still be able to enter the next one? It'll be a little more time consuming for me is all since the only place I'd be able to write anything would be here on the forum rather than an actual Word Processor since mine broke as my computer starts dying out slower and slower. lol
    Next week, it's a whole new theme with new parameters, so while you can't use Week #1's stuff for Week #2, if things didn't work out this week or you ran into a jam, just try again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinHoude View Post
    Quick question: how complete do entries have to be in terms of story arc? The idea I've been working with this week is turning into a monster of a plot and I don't think I can easily trim it down enough that I can complete the arc before the deadline. Would something like a chapter (if it can be called that) be fine?
    I'd like something to be complete with an exposition, body, and conclusion. If it ends abruptly or not at all, it might not do as well as a submission that wraps everything up with a nice finisher.

I'm glad you're passionate about your story and have really gotten into the theme, but try your best to find some way to wrap it up before the deadline. A week really isn't too much time, so it's probably better to aim for something short and sweet that you have time to review and proofread than to cram in a novel that was submitted hastily at the last minute and never got the chance to be double-checked..

Do the people in the story have to talk like they would in that time period? Like, if I set the story in medieval times, would I have to use a bunch of -eths? Or can they just talk like people do now?
    Is it ninja Skarmory or Ninjask armory?
    Friend Code: 3711 - 7604 - 5273

Vaporeon: Shiny Collection | Mightyena: URPG | Absol: Sprite Gallery | Mega Lopunny: Naturelocke Challenge | Serperior: Pokemon Aesthetics | Ampharos: Prism Stats | other sprites are placeholders for when something exists for them to link to

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskarmory View Post
    Do the people in the story have to talk like they would in that time period? Like, if I set the story in medieval times, would I have to use a bunch of -eths? Or can they just talk like people do now?
    That's only Elizabethan. xD That's not medieval. Think Game of Thrones.

Name: Eternal NewMoon
    WAR Team: Red Dwarf Jupiter Mining Corporation
    Entry Title: Moon and Shadows
    Link: http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...on-and-Shadows

I really hope its okay and interesting >.<

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Name: Felly
    WAR Team: Yoga Bears
    Entry Title: Finding the Light
    Link: Click.

Name: Elysia
    WAR Team: Yoga Bears (represent, Felly! <3)
    Entry Title: {what the stars said}
    Link: I'm a link!

10. This post has been liked by:

Felly 

Name: Morzone
    WAR team: The prism League!
    Entry title: No Friend: No Future
    Link: http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...d=1#post154642

May the best writer win!

VPP