Page 21 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Just leaving a post here as well so that other members know.

I've had some medical issues come up and I may need to have surgery done. For some that have talked to me, they know that I'm leaving for an internship late August, so we're trying to squeeze the tests and possibly the surgery before the deadline of me leaving.

This whole thing has had me emotionally strained and I've been getting blood work and scans done left and right and I've just been very upset...

I'm sorry to drop the ball on GCEA, I really did not mean to... I'll update you guys more on everything next week, I hope.

Pearl FC- | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790

Quote Originally Posted by Eevee Trainer View Post

I've had some medical issues come up and I may need to have surgery done. For some that have talked to me, they know that I'm leaving for an internship late August, so we're trying to squeeze the tests and possibly the surgery before the deadline of me leaving.

This whole thing has had me emotionally strained and I've been getting blood work and scans done left and right and I've just been very upset...

I'm sorry to drop the ball on GCEA, I really did not mean to... I'll update you guys more on everything next week, I hope.
    You didn't drop the ball ! Don't worry about this place right now. Take care of yourself..

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevee Trainer View Post

In my honest opinion, priorities. You not dying is top of the list for you. We get that.

Heh. Even Jonathan would get that.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Ive been thinking about changing normal/flying types to just flying. GCEA treats types differently then the games does. Right now, a flying/normal pokemon would not have an advantage against a fighting type pokemon. Thoughts?

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Nah! Let's just keep things like the games do, eh?

Unless you can think of a good way to fix the problem, i dont see any way of getting flying pokemon to gain there advantage over fighting back. There is no reason to have a normal type anways

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Non-normal Flying types still have an edge.

Seriously-for sake of simplicity, which is ALWAYS needed in a game like GCeA-let's just stick to the type formats, K?

this is for simplicity, because having a flying type that has no bonus against a fighting type is kinda silly. This would make geca much easier. One type is easier to add up than to. Really unless you can give a suggestion for how to fix it, it will be changed. I dont see a reason for this to be a big deal. Its an extra type that is not needed.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    this is for simplicity, because having a flying type that has no bonus against a fighting type is kinda silly. This would make geca much easier. One type is easier to add up than to. Really unless you can give a suggestion for how to fix it, it will be changed. I dont see a reason for this to be a big deal. Its an extra type that is not needed.
    Please don't just get rid of a type because you don't like how it acts. Even if only on a select subset of Pokemon. The mechanics of the game should stay consistent. Otherwise, you risk confusing everyone. Like Latio said, non normal Flying types still get the advantage. And, in the actual games, if you throw a Fighting type move at a Swellow, it does regular damage. So it makes sense to keep both types.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Quote Originally Posted by Socratic Sarcasm View Post
    Please don't just get rid of a type because you don't like how it acts. Even if only on a select subset of Pokemon. The mechanics of the game should stay consistent. Otherwise, you risk confusing everyone. Like Latio said, non normal Flying types still get the advantage. And, in the actual games, if you throw a Fighting type move at a Swellow, it does regular damage. So it makes sense to keep both types.
    THIS. GCeA, quite frankly, needs to be as simple as possible. In fact, what you (Achilles) are suggesting would, more likely than no, actually make it more complicated. Complicated mechanics are bad for a game that's supposed to have mechanics that are very easily grasped.

While I'm at it, for the same reasons as above, I'd like to advocate for using Total points as the basis for calculating bonuses rather than current points, because quite frankly, there are scenarios where it's impossible to tell which bonus can be applied, like my battle against the Krabby (or Krabbay) in Sapphire-Commander gets a bonus against it, but I don't really understand how it works as of right now, and from what I can gather of it, it would seem that whatever the points are equals the bonus-however, if I do -2, then the points would lower to a point where I could do -5, but if I did -5, it would lower to a point where I'd have to do -2 instead. If I could just go and do -5 regardless, it would be much, much easier on everyone.