Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Information is Power!

In light of the meeting today, I thought up a few site suggestions that I think will help this place grow. My ideas are just that, things that could help add to this young forum.

1. We need our Sprite Resource back. PE2K got a good number of people just because of its Sprite. Now, Im thinking that getting Sprite may require a connection with the pokemon company or something of the nature but if we contact the right people on other forums we should be able to find a new connection. A Sprite Resource would be a big draw because people are looking for those. The more we get the better!

2. Bulbapedia has wealth of knowledge. Im guessing trying to keep track of the same info would be a pain, you would need writers and editors to make the pages look nice but couldn't we get some information about the show and games here. Even if it takes building a relationship with that forum and adding on to what they have done or said. If people searched up the term pokemon badges (or something like it) it would be nice to find this forum there.

3. Making your own mark. What could we do to make this place stand out more. I have been thinking about this for awhile and even gone through setting up the pre stages of PXR Youtube Channel with our very own Amazing Sealboy ! Videos are a great way to get more people drawn in. That is not my suggestion however! My suggestion is that we become to the first forum to catalog the battles from the show. Having our own video log where people can go through and watch the best anime battles of all time could be someone that draws attention on youtube and here on the forum. This doesnt need to be limited to just battles, best moments.
    Really this could apply to a couple of sections. PXR Channel could have pokemon battles featured from other youtubers and the forum could have a page with battles of the weak or battling strategy.

4. Public Meetings are a good way to get everyone involved but whats going on or ideas for the forum. What about creating a rumor thread or some kind of news thread where members could post about stories they read. This could help your site staff with stuff to post, it may also help us get information out there faster ! 20 people looking is better than a handful. Now the thread shouldn't be open for discussion, you could create a side thread for that. The thread would just be something like a rumor mill or something.

Okay everyone thats it for today ! Sorry about the grammatical errors, when I type fast I miss a word or three!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Senior Moderator

And why not video walkthroughs of Pokemon games, too?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    And why not video walkthroughs of Pokemon games, too?

Of course, there will be a video group starting this week ! We can discuss ideas for our PXR Channel there ! Walkthroughs and even secrets that we found would be great!

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Meeting today? I thought the open meeting was tomorrow? Otherwise, the ideas sound good...except people on Pokecheck and deviantart have us beat on sprites; Pokecheck even has the animated Trainer sprites from BW2.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Meeting today? I thought the open meeting was tomorrow? Otherwise, the ideas sound good...except people on Pokecheck and deviantart have us beat on sprites; Pokecheck even has the animated Trainer sprites from BW2.
    True, but we had sprites from all different generations ! no one else besides maybe deviantart had that amount of sprites. Also forgive me about saying the wrong meeting time.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

There's a guy on dA that has all generation of trainer sprites. Dunno about actual Pokemon, though. And it's fine, just confused me for a second there.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

I have already produced a PMD soundtrack remix on the PxR Youtube channel, so perhaps Pokemon-related music could be a thing? Places like PokeRemixStudio have gotten hundreds of thousands of hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    I have already produced a PMD soundtrack remix on the PxR Youtube channel, so perhaps Pokemon-related music could be a thing? Places like PokeRemixStudio have gotten hundreds of thousands of hits.
    I'm not familiar with pokemon related music ? how hard is it to create?

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Actually...getting sprites isn't Nintendo related, they're just licensing the games from the creators: GAMEFREAK.
    Though that doesn't matter.
    You just need to run the game emulator and save the images of the sprites. Not too hard.
    Or just rip them from other sites? They can't legally claim them as theirs since GAMEFREAK owns the sprites and, modded or otherwise, the base work is legal property of GAMEFREAK. (Who has done nothing objecting to fan work/fan bases)
    Just a cold way to look at it, I mean we could have people go in and rip/save sprites by hand, though that'll take a while too.

The knowledge part... That is a good idea, though to be honest, it'll be hard to beat bulbapedia...Still, offering an alternative never hurts.

Videos...
    A lot of people who make videos would rather the site have a section with links to detailed walkthroughs and stuff, rather than it all being on the main site's channel. Just my two cents, especially since a lot of people like money and they make money off their videos. Plus they'd prefer subscribers go to them. I say feature the LPs of those who are loyal to the site. Like... Loyal loyal. They'll gain subs, but redirect that same traffic to the site and vice-versa. A symbiotic growth! (Insert infinity sign) That way the site attracts people to the walk through videos, and the walk-through videos attract people to the site.

Just my two cents o.o Sorry if I seem like a know it all, I certainly am not. I'm pretty dumb xD So uhm, maybe this is all just dumb and I should be ignored on this topic. Sorry to bother ya folks o.o;;;

1. We concluded that we probably wouldn't create a Sprite Resource, due to the time it would take away from very important projects. I definitely think we should at least do X and Y sprites ASAP, that would draw in tons of attention. We've had about 7,000 people viewing the site daily in the past few weeks due to X and Y news.

2. We could definitely attempt something like that once we're finished touching everything that is more important. c:

3. We do have our own YouTube channel! I don't think Ashley would mind giving SealBoy access to make videos, it would help us out a lot, imo.

4. I can post a thread now, ha ha.

|||||||||