Jonathan Bradshaw - Cinccino with butterfly wings
The Food Court
Affected Roleplayers: @Noblejanobii

Next on the list was this little place called 1974. It had a spacey theme with planets and stars and they seemed to have served lots of sodas, sugary drinks, and stuff like that. Obviously nothing about it made sense, but hey, drinks were drinks. Hopefully there was something here that Sonya would like and was good enough to present to Sloane as an alternative. So far, the only thing worth really holding onto were those yellow muffins.

As I went through each drink with Sonya, I noted it on the cabinet.

Super Galaxy Pop Fizz Strawberry Cola... that just turned Sonya into a large grape-flavored gummy bear. Noted, and obviously we weren't sticking with that. Although I did wonder what would happen if someone took a bite out of her like that. Would that cause a transformation?

Sunrise Maximum Cola turned her into a Wingull. I thought we finally hit a jackpot here for a cute Pokémon, but apparently it wasn't "cute enough." Cherry Explosion Cola just warped her poor Wingull body around. Renegade Grape Cola turned her into a vacuum cleaner, which we obviously weren't going to stick with, and Supreme Lime Cola made said vacuum cleaner become purple and two-dimensional. Sweet Raspberry Cola then turned her into a Golurk, and obviously she wasn't happy with that either. But, I at least noted everything on the wall above the cabinet:

Super Galaxy Pop Fizz Strawberry Cola = Turns you into a gummy bear. Best to avoid.
Sunrise Maximum Cola = Wingull
Cherry Explosion Cola = Warps your body around. Avoid!
Renegade Grape Cola = Turns you into a vacuum cleaner. Don't be a sucker, pun intended!
Supreme Lime Cola = Makes you purple and two-dimensional. No bueno.
Sweet Raspberry Cola = Golurk

But hey, we were making great progress! So far, almost everything in this entire food court was horrible! Unless you were crazy. Yet again, the yellow muffins that grant butterfly wings were the only thing worth trying!

"Oh, this isn't working either!" She complained, really unhappy with her Golurk body.

"Last place here is Haxy Snax," I told her, knowing after this, we had nothing left to try. "You'd better hope we find something."

Haxy Snax was lots of weird snacks with a Old West theme that featured... robot cowboys and cyber horses for whatever wacky reason. First thing I pulled out were red pretzels. And those changed Sonya into a green, gelatinous blob. No surprise she didn't want to stick with that. Then she tried a bag of purple popcorn, which I "fed" to her by just sprinkling some on her jelly body. That turned her into a Doublade, which again, didn't fall under the "cute Pokémon category."

But then came a breakthrough...

Star Chips, which were gold potato chips in the form of stars, changed her into an Oshawott. A perfectly normal, healthy, honest to goodness Oshawott with nothing screwy about her.

"Okay, I... guess this is good enough," Sonya replied, looking like she was at least somewhat satisfied with being an Oshawott.

"You GUESS!?" I nearly shouted, laughing my butt off. "Oshawott is perfectly cute! How could you NOT be out of your mind overjoyed about this?"

"Okay, okay, sorry for being such a pain," She flushed with embarrassment. "You're right, I think these are worth holding onto."

Finally, my goodness, what a fussy person she was. I took one of the bags of Star Chips and could proudly say that we now had the power to make anyone into a Oshawott! And give them butterfly wings. That was certainly a heck of a lot better than many of the other miserable things we had here.

I noted this on Haxy Snax's wall:

Red pretzels = turns you into a green blob. Avoid, unless the life of a booger seems appealing to you.
Purple Popcorn = Doublade
Star Chips = Oshawott

There were a few other untested snacks in that cabinet, but I figured Sonya had more than enough to guzzle and chow down on and she'd be just fine as an Oshawott for a nice, long while. In the meantime, I was definitely not thinking of testing the rest of those snacks out myself, because compared to everything else I had seen Sonya get turned into, being a Cinccino was heavenly in comparison. Okay, so we didn't map out the WHOLE food court, but we certainly got most of it covered and I was sure we just saved somebody from a whole lot of future grief.

"Now then," I told Sonya, introducing her to Sloane and Shay the Shaymin. "This here is Sloane, and we need to help her find a Mawile named Odessa she lost when the food court floor gave way. In the meantime, while we look for this Mawile, we're going to map out the rest of this place. I lost my Pokémon also, so I'm on the lookout for them at the same time."

"Same here," Sonya sighed. "But I lost mine almost three months ago. I have no idea what happened to them."

"Well, we're going to find out," I told her, confident that by mapping out the Trick House, we could eventually cover everything and help direct the others toward the exit.