- 1 x Braviary Charm
    - 3 x Life Potions
    - 2 x Paralysis Potions
    - 1 x Poison Potion

Equipment:
    Spoiler:
    - Armor; Adventurer's Garb
    - Weapon; Training Gloves

The song carried on to what it seemed like an eternity. Vaugn wasn't particularly interested in old folklore, but something in this one troubled him very much. Was it a dejavu? He couldn't tell. His eyes slowly began to droop as the melody took control of his inner soul and lulled him to sleep.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Moderator

@Chakramaster; @AWA1997; @Trainer17;

By now, many of the children of Vitiva have come to listen as Brock continues "The next morning, Hunter told him how the Golden Pidgeot was guarded by the great giant."

"I have lived on this hill for a hundred years," he explains as Hunter, "and have seen 99 brave heroes and heroines pass every year on the quest of the Golden Pidgeot--some of them charged, and some of them on their own free will--but none of them ever returned. However, the great giant is in need of someone to care for the Pidgeot, and your best plan is to offer him your service. When he asks what you can do, tell him that you are good at anything you set your mind to, but especially good at minding golden Pidgeots. If you are lucky enough to get custody of the Pidgeot, be as kind to the bird as you can, until it grows to like you. If you succeed, it may wish to go with you. But when you have earned its trust, your task is only begun. Every stone in the giant's castle is enchanted, and can tell him if anything goes wrong. If he discovers you trying to steal the Golden Pidgeot, you cannot escape with your life. The giant lives five thousand miles away from here; but if you want, I will transform myself into a fine steed, and then quickly carry you to the giant's castle."

He interjects as himself "Owen agreed, and Hunter sang..."

The children gasp as Brock sings Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul..., conjuring sparkling red Beautiflies. "...transforming into the legendary steed Epona in a flash of fire! Only Epona's heels touched the tops of the hills, as they whirled over the world like Satomi the Wise on her nightly ride. They overtook the wind before them, but the wind behind couldn't overtake them."
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Shawn Michillis
    Vivita training grounds

Shawn selected the song of fire from his book and, strumming his harp with the tune, sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul, attacking the dummy.

VPP

Senior Moderator

@Morzone:

Shawn vs. Training Dummy

(Shawn's HP: ----------
    Training Dummy's HP: Too high to count)

(Shawn uses Song of Fire: Failure!

Shawn's Song of Fire manifested for a few moments before fizzling out halfway across the room.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Vaugn D. Saul
    Market Square
    Vivita
    Money: 425 Gold
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    - 1 x Broken Sword nicknamed Dragon Handle
    - 1 x Wine Gourd (empty)
    - 1 x Berry Basket
    - 4 x Dried Meat
    - 10 x Torchstick
    - 1 x Regional Map
    - 2 x Healing Herb Basket
    - 1 x Camp Gear
    - 1 x Braviary Charm
    - 3 x Life Potions
    - 2 x Paralysis Potions
    - 1 x Poison Potion

Equipment:
    Spoiler:

Vaugn couldn't rest. It felt like they weren't alone anymore. As slowly he opened his eyes to take a peek, he saw children gathering around. It was enticing to watch. Vaugn felt a bit peaceful on the inside. But there were also thoughts. He couldn't conflict his mind with any more problems so he closed his eyes back a little, as Brock began to sing Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

Shawn Michillis
    Vivita training grounds

Shawn glared at the failed attempt. He was glad no one was really paying him much attention at the moment. Flipping through his book, he sang another attack song, the song of Earth. Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo...

VPP

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17; @AWA1997; @Chakramaster;

"Late in the evening they reached the castle of the great giant." Brock went on, trying oh-so hard not to laugh at the children scrambling to catch the sparkling Beautiflies his show spell had conjured. "Once Owen dismounted, the shining Ponyta became Hunter again. Hunter wished him success; and said if he ever escaped from the giant's castle with his life, he would be waiting. With that, they parted."

"And then?" the children begged.

"Then he went up to the castle and knocked at the gates; and a great giant, the most terrible Owen had ever seen, came out and asked who he was and what he wanted." Brock went on, making the children shudder in excitement and fear. "He answered that he was Owen, of the Aiiro City, and was in search of a master. The giant asked what he could do, and Owen answered that he was good at anything he put his mind to, but especially good at minding Golden Pidgeots."

"Very well, as I'm just needing such a person, I'll hire you for a bag of gold, to serve me for a year and a day; and in the morning I'll show you your work." he explained in character as the giant.

He went on as himself "He took Owen in, gave him food and a bed; and in the morning told him he was going to put his work before him."

@Morzone: (Shawn uses the Song of Earth: Critical Hit!)

Thousands of Cheri blossom petals swirled from Shawn's harp, engulfing the training dummy in pink. When the chord faded, it was hard to tell what was the training dummy and what was petals

Vaugn D. Saul
    Market Square
    Vivita
    Money: 425 Gold
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    - 1 x Broken Sword nicknamed Dragon Handle
    - 1 x Wine Gourd (empty)
    - 1 x Berry Basket
    - 4 x Dried Meat
    - 10 x Torchstick
    - 1 x Regional Map
    - 2 x Healing Herb Basket
    - 1 x Camp Gear
    - 1 x Braviary Charm
    - 3 x Life Potions
    - 2 x Paralysis Potions
    - 1 x Poison Potion

Equipment:
    Spoiler:

"And then?" the children begged.

"And this is why I hate kids..." Vaugn sighed.

It's been quite a while now, and Vaugn was getting hungry as well. He was hoping to grab something to eat before they venture off into the Labyrinth...

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17; @AWA1997; @Chakramaster;

"Hey..." Serena offered Vaugn some bread. "Want some nut bread? Mom made it fresh today."

"The next morning, the giant led Owen to a tall tower in one corner of the castle, and showed him the beautiful Golden Pidgeot, which Owen had followed in the forest not long before." Brock went on.

"Your duty, is to care for and feed that Pidgeot, and see that nothing happens to it." he instructs in character as the giant.

As himself, he cautions over a somber melody "He warned Owen that if he ever messed with the Pidgeot or shirked his duty, it would be his life in exchange. He then left Owen and the Pokemon alone."

Shawn Michillis
    Vivita training grounds

Shawn smiled. That was more like it. He quickly played the song of fire again, hoping to use the flammable petals to his advantage. If he did it right, the petals could catch fire and greatly increase the area of affect by surrounding the dummy completely in flame.

VPP