So... I'm nearly 40 but only started to like pokemon in the last few years as my kids have gotten into it.

The first Pokemon game I tried to play was X, but I lost interest in it pretty quickly. I think I maybe completed 2 or 3 gyms?

I then started to discover some of the Pokemon community on YouTube and found that I enjoyed watching playthroughs of speedruns, nuzlockes, and other challenges.

My kids started to get into the anime on streaming. I find most of that pretty annoying, but it's not the worst by far.

We also got Sword, and that's the first game that I've played all the way through. I understand that it isn't the best example of a Pokemon game, but it at least sustained my interest enought to complete it. My kids are all about trying to catch all the Pokemon and do all the DLC. I'm fine with being done with it after one completion.

We also played Legends: Arceus, and I enjoyed that one a whole lot. I actually felt motivated to try to find Alpha versions of many of the Pokemon I liked. My kids loved it to and once of them has even completed the Pokedex.

I have prebought Scarlett and Violet and I'm hoping that my kids will be able to play together in the main campaign. Something that I guess has never been doen before in Pokemon games, but seems kind of obvious?

In any case, I'm actually excited about those games too and I'm all in on Quaxley.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting involved here because I've heard it said by many that Pokemon communities are among the very best on the internets and I'm interested in experiencing that for myself.

Please forgive my general ignorance and lack of interest in high level competitive play. I will try to contribute something interesting or worthwhile in my own ways. Cheers!