Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DayBreak View Post
    (Oh look at that, I'm actually awake in time for this-)

Lyric stared blankly into the distance, so tired after what quickly became a recurring nightmare. Rather than eat a light breakfast, they ate heavily. They needed the extra fuel to get through the start of today after last night. One of the head honchos of the police was killed, once again by Exonull.

"We're running out of time," Lyric muttered, before shaking their head. What were they doing, they needed to help others have hope...!

Barely concealing their dread with their normal smile, they tried to force themself into the attitude they had going in. "But... but we're not beat yet...! We've got most of the pieces of one of those weapons that can fight the Stalkers!" ... They just made themself scarce soon after, feeling like they'd only made themself look like an idiot. Needing a moment to think, they went off towards Jade Acres Park.

... They started this, their journey to enlightenment, and now they were seeing this through...

Stopping in front of the well, their flippers stopped responding. They couldn't seem to make those last few motions to cast their gaze into the pool. Behind their eyes, they quickly flash over their previous lives, needing to take a nerve-calming breath when they look over one of their lives as a human. They'd forced themself to forget the name, all they knew was that they were a truly despicable excuse for a person. Understandably, they'd been kicked down a few rungs of the path to Ascension following that life's uneventful end.

Looking back at the well again, Lyric began to pull themself up the side. As they did so, a question formed on their lips, one that'd they'd been telling themself to ignore since they regained their memories.

"Before I become a Tatsujin, I need a second opinion... Am I, deep down..."

They reached the top, and looked down into the well. "... Am I really that good of a person?"
    With the morning sun, you head to the Jade Acres Park after having eaten a large breakfast that Benni was more than happy to prepare for you. With the intent on becoming a Tatsujin, you seek out the well once more, hoping to get a better understanding about yourself… a better understanding about your dreams…

…about everything.

You find the well again after navigating your way through the calming, placid forest that feels like navigating through a deep sleep. It seems brighter in the daylight now, though only small blotches of sunlight peer through the canopy of trees. As the breeze caresses the branches and leaves, the patches of sunlight move about like playful fairies, as if an unseen child is letting loose their creativity upon the area. For a moment, you wonder if its simply an unborn child at play, preparing for tomorrow when they step foot upon the world to live out a new life.

…It makes you wonder for a moment… what does a unborn child dream of…?

“Before I become a Tatsujin…” you mutter into the calming, dreamlike waters of the well, “…am I, deep down… am I really that good of a person?”

The waters ripple just a bit, as if the well has heard your question. You let your eyes get carried away as they take you to another vision… one of hopeful wisdom as you behold the lives of others… and the lives of what could have been you.

What defines a good person…?

…for some it means many different things… some believe good is measured in strength or wealth… or courage or bravery…

…or selflessness or acts of valor…

The waters go silent for but just a moment, giving you time to absorb the considerations as if like a transcendental meditation.

Did you make someone smile today… and did you share that moment with them with a smile of your own? Did someone… a child… look up to you today and say to themselves “I want to be just like them” and you inspired them for life to live for a noble cause? Or did you go all the way and save someone’s life today? Did you give them a second chance to accomplish their dreams and for their friends and family to believe in hope once again because of something you did? Did you sacrifice something you held dear just for someone else? Did you feel pain and shed blood so someone else didn’t have to?

You are a good person, Lyric…

…and it’s because you question yourself…

…it’s because of that introspection and your drive to learn wisdom from your mistakes…

You close your eyes and nod, thinking about it more. There are many who believe they are good when they only lie to themselves. There are those that believe in something untrue and force it upon others but believe they are doing it for their own good.

You don’t have the arrogance, Lyric. The people to be feared most are the ones that never have doubts or the ones that never challenge or question what lies before them. They’re the ones that think they have all the answers. A question replied to with a lie is an answer stolen…

…but you’ve moved on from that. You wash your body to remove the dust and grit of dirt, sweat, and stain so that your body is cleansed once more. But shouldn’t your mind and spirit be able to perform that same kind of refreshing renourishment? Guilt… remediation… and atonement… those are what the spirit needs to know that it must be cleansed the same way one recognizes that one’s body is dirty and is in need of being cleansed.

Turn regret into teaching. Turn shame into wisdom. Turn jealousy into motivation.

“I am here… I wish to be cleansed…”

You remember that you came here to save this town… knowing full well that you would come face to face with horrors that would burn themselves into your mind as the shadows licked and bit away at your soul. The horrors of the Stalkers would strike you… attack you… and attempt to lacerate, burn, and impale your skin and flesh. You did this… you willingly accepted this sacrifice because you saw this town was in need of your help… in need of your strength… and you were willing to accept that cost and that sacrifice…

…that’s what makes you a good person, Lyric.

Lyric has inherited 5 points of Kurosuōbā…

Redemption and atonement will be found by those that seek it. Those spirits that yearn for answers will find their way. Let your dreams guide you… open your mind to infinite possibilities… understand the good from the bad, the inspiring and the horrifying… and let your heart take you to the path that aligns with your spirit…

Lyric has become a Tatsujin…

You see you have begun to glow… the signature trait of a Tatsujin. For a moment, you look up at the sky, reflecting upon all that you know and have experienced.

It’s not too late…

…today still carries on…

…as long as you’re still standing…

…as long as you never give up… you cannot lose…

Lyric Winterheart the Tatsujin Brionne (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Brionne, Mega Ampharos, Hisuian Goodra, Latios, Amaura
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

2. This post has been liked by: