Several new changes are coming to Pokemon GO to help trainers go beyond their limits and into new levels. Literally. Especially with an update that will allow trainers to go pass Level 40, the introductions of seasons and new Pokemon!
These changes and more will be coming on November 30th. Below are the full details.
Level Cap Increase
Level 40 has always been the goal that many trainers have set when it came to levels. After all, that is the highest level that a trainer can reach in Pokemon GO. Now that will all change as Pokemon GO will increase the level cap to Level 50!
The quest to become Level 50 won’t just happen by Experiences. You will need to undergo a series of challenges called Level-Up Research. These Level-Up Research will include tasks such as battling, completing a number of Field Research and more.
You can find a description of what it will be needed to level up after Level 40.
- Level 41: Submit your catching skills to a test of endurance! You’ll be expected to catch a high number of Pokémon in a single day, along with other tasks, in order to reach level 41.
- Level 42: From evolving Eevee into each of its available Evolutions, to using certain Evolution items on specific Pokémon, reaching level 42 will test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions.
- Level 43: Show us your mastery of Gym battles and Raid Battles! You’ll also need to have earned a certain number of pPlatinum medals before you can advance to level 43. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 44: Battling other Trainers has been a fundamental aspect of the Pokémon RPGs since the beginning, but it’s still relatively new to Pokémon GO. Have you been developing your skills in battle? You’ll have to if you want to reach level 44!
- Level 45: You’ve battled in Gyms, raids, and the GO Battle League, but to reach level 45 you’ll need to focus your efforts on taking down those pesky Team GO Rocket villains! You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 46: Get ready to explore, intrepid Trainers! To reach level 46, you’ll need to complete a number of Field Research tasks, hatch a certain number of Eggs, and document your daily adventures using GO Snapshot!
- Level 47: You may think you’ve mastered the art of battling in raids, but the requirements to reach level 47 will really test your mettle! For example, one challenge will require you to win raids with teams that meet certain qualifications—and that’s just the beginning!
- Level 48: The requirements to reach level 48 are focused on one of the most important things in all of Pokémon GO: your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon! From kilometers walked to the number of Souvenirs you’ve collected, reaching level 48 will require you and your buddy to be laser-focused on developing your friendship with one another. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 49: If there’s one thing that matches the importance of your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon, it’s your friendships with other Trainers. The people we meet on our Pokémon journeys bring so much to our lives, and cultivating those friendships is key to becoming an amazing Pokémon Trainer. Reach level 49 by sending Gifts, acquiring Lucky Pokémon through trades, and more.
- Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!
Starting on November 30th, players will be able to earn more Experience by catching Pokémon, evolving Pokémon, hatching Eggs, registering new Pokédex entries, and more. In some case the increase will almost be double. All of this and more to help current players reach Level 40 even faster.
Another way for players to earn more Experience will start today with Double Catch XP. This bonus will start Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 1PM to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59PM local time.
Those who reach or already Level 40 before December 31st, 2020 will become a Legacy 40 Trainer. They will earn rewards such as Timed Research that rewards an exclusive Gyarados Hat avatar item and a special Legacy 40 medal.
Introduction of Seasons
The real world has seasons so why not have some in Pokemon GO?
That is the exact train of thought Pokemon GO had when it came to introducing seasons in Pokemon GO. Soon players will be able to see the world around them in Pokemon GO undergo changes with each season.
Seasons will last three months in Pokemon GO and will depend on your hemisphere. The first season will come on December 1st with Winter in the Northern Hemisphere.
The Pokemon you see will also depend on the seasons too. Some Fire type Pokemon will be seen more often during the Summer time. Though, they may become harder to find during the Winter months.
Below are the details for Seasons in Pokemon GO.
- Different Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids. Some Pokémon will be more difficult to find depending on the Season, so catch them while you can!
- Based on what hemisphere you’re in, you can find different Pokémon appearing in the wild each Season. For example, in the first Season, Pokémon related to winter will be appearing in the wild in the northern hemisphere, while Burmy, Darumaka, and other Pokémon related to summer will be appearing in the wild in the southern hemisphere. You might notice other differences in the Pokémon you can find in the wild, too.
- In addition, different forms of Deerling will be appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you’re in, so keep a lookout!
- In-game events will be themed based on the Season they occur in!
- Seasons will be continually updated with more features and content.
Mega Evolution Changes
It looks as if the seasons will have an affect on Mega Evolved Pokemon you see in raids. Their Total CP will change along with how easy it is to evolve them.
Here are some details on this change for Mega Evolution.
- Different New Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in raids each Season!
- Certain Mega-Evolved Pokémon will have limited periods where they will have increased total CP and Trainers will have more opportunities to use these Mega-Evolved Pokémon more easily!
Discover Pokemon from the Kalos Region
Starting on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020, you will see Pokemon from the Kalos region in Pokemon GO.
Below is the list of Pokemon that you can find from the Kalos region starting on December 2nd.
- Klefki (Please note that Klefki will be appearing only in France.)
There will be an event from Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020, at 10AM to Tuesday December 8th, 2020, at 10PM. There are no details about this event at the moment.
Mystery Raid Egg
Pokemon GO has reported that trainers should be seeing “a mysterious Raid Egg” in One Star Raids. No details on this is known. Though, keep an eye on Pokemon GO’s social network accounts. They may be requesting help in unlocking the mystery behind these Raid Eggs.
Several new changes are coming to Pokemon GO to help you go beyond! Better get ready!