There’s a lot going on this month, so let’s jump in
From new Raid Bosses and Community Day, to weekly 1 Pokécoin boxes and quality of life updates, The shortest calendar month is going to be one of the busiest months for Pokémon GO Trainers. Read on to find out what is happening and when so you can plan out your days and make the most of your February.
February Research Breakthrough
From Monday, February 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, March 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), you’ll encounter the Sleeping Pokémon, Snorlax, in Research Breakthroughs.
Five Star and Mega Raid Bosses
- Entei will be appearing in five-star raids from Tuesday, January 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, January 31, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Raikou will be appearing in five-star raids from Sunday, January 31, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, February 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Suicune will be appearing in five-star raids from Thursday, February 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Latias and Latios will be appearing in five-star raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo will be appearing in five-star raids from Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. to Monday, March 1, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. local time.
In addition, the following Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids.
- Mega Venusaur, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Houndoom will be appearing in Mega Raids from Tuesday, January 19, 2021, through Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Pidgeot, Mega Ampharos, and a surprise Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. through Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Blastoise will be appearing in Mega Raids from Saturday, February 20, 2021, through Monday, March 1, 2021.
Each week in February will also include a Raid Hour event on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. local time featuring the Pokémon currently active in five-star raids.
Pokémon Spotlight hours
As usual, every Tuesday for one hour, at 6 p.m. local time a specific Pokémon will spawn more frequently and a special bonus will take effect. Here is what to expect during February.
- February 2, 2021: Ekans will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn 2x the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- February 9, 2021: Miltank will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn 2x the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- February 16, 2021: Luvdisc will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn 2x the XP for catching Pokémon.
- February 23, 2021: Pikachu will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn 2x the Candy for catching Pokémon.
The Thorn Pokémon, Roselia, will be featured on February 7th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time. Evolve Roselia during the event or up to two hours after to get a Roserade that knows both the Fast Attack Bullet Seed and the Charged Attack, Weather Ball (Fire-Type)
Team GO Rocket Is Back
February 2nd, at 10 a.m. to February 7th, at 8 p.m. local time you can look forward to a Team GO Rocket takeover like none other. Here is what you can expect to see this week.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will be turning the following Pokémon into Shadow Pokémon: Swinub, Nosepass, Aron, Spheal, Lileep, Anorith, and more.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will also have different teams of Pokémon during the event and after its conclusion.
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leaders during the event for a chance to receive a Team GO Rocket Leader Gift sticker.
- Pokémon like Golbat, Koffing, Ariados, Qwilfish, Sneasel, Houndour, Nuzleaf, Stunky, Skorupi, and Venipede appearing more often in the wild!
- Qwilfish, Larvitar, Corphish, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, Vullaby, and Deino will be hatching from Strange Eggs during and after the event.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- One-star raids: Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Gligar, Sneasel, Shinx, and Klink.
- Three-star raids: Nidoqueen, Ariados, Umbreon, Tyranitar, and Absol.
- Five-star raids: Raikou and Suicune will both be appearing at times listed above.
- Mega Raids: Mega Venusaur, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Houndoom.
- Event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research will be available.
- The Team GO Rocket–themed Timed Research that begins during the Johto Celebration event will continue during this event and will reward an encounter with the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh that knows the exclusive attack Earthquake!
- Keep a lookout for more invaded PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons than usual!
- Half Egg Hatch Distance when an Egg is placed inside an Incubator during the event.
Year of the Ox Themed Event
From Tuesday, February 9, 2021, to Sunday, February 14, 2021, encounter red Pokémon and celebrate the Year of the Ox! A special Mega-Evolved Pokémon will also be appearing in Mega Raids for the first time at the start of this event!
Celebrate Valentines Day
From Monday, February 8, 2021, to Monday, February 15, 2021, compete in the Valentine’s Day–themed Love Cup in the GO Battle League! Pokemon must be red or pink, have a CP of 1500 or less and cannot be Legendary or Mythical.
Full list of eligible Pokemon:
Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Vileplume, Paras, Parasect, Krabby, Kingler, Voltorb, Electrode, Goldeen, Seaking, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Ledyba, Ledian, Ariados, Yanma, Scizor, Slugma, Magcargo, Octillery, Delibird, Porygon2, Magby, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Wurmple, Medicham, Carvanha, Camerupt, Solrock, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Kricketot, Kricketune, Burmy (Trash), Wormadam (Trash), Magmortar, Porygon-Z, Rotom (Wash), Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Pansear, Simisear, Throh, Venipede, Scolipede, Krookodile, Darumaka, Darmanitan, Dwebble, Crustle, Deerling (Autumn and Spring), Shelmet, Accelgor, Pawniard, Bisharp, Braviary, Heatmor, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Exeggcute, Lickitung, Happiny, Chansey, Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Porygon, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Flaaffy, Hoppip, Slowking, Snubbull, Corsola, Smoochum, Miltank, Blissey, Whismur, Skitty, Milotic, Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Cherubi, Cherrim (Sunny), Lickilicky, Audino, Alomomola, Scrafty
From Sunday, February 14, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time, Pokemon GO will be holding it’s annual Valentine’s Day event! You can look forward to some Pokémon making their Pokémon GO debut as well as exclusive avatar items.
1 Pokécoin bundles
Each week in February, a different 1 PokéCoin bundle will be featured in the shop.
- From February 1, 2021, a 1 PokéCoin bundle featuring the following items will be available: 20 Poké Balls, a Remote Raid Pass, and a Rocket Radar.
- From February 8, 2021, a 1 PokéCoin bundle featuring the following items will be available: eight Incense, 16 Razz Berries, and 10 Pinap Berries.
- From February 15, 2021, a 1 PokéCoin bundle featuring the following items will be available: a Remote Raid Pass, 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls, and five Ultra Balls.
- From February 22, 2021, a 1 PokéCoin bundle featuring the following items will be available: 20 Poké Balls, a Remote Raid Pass, five Incense.
Quality of Life Updates
Introducing, an image gallery showing off the PokéStop and Gym images that you and other Trainers have submitted. This feature will roll out slowly starting with level 40+ Trainers in New Zealand on Tuesday, February 9, 2021—and eventual worldwide to Trainers level 38 and above toward the end of March 2021.
Ever wanted to capture the moment you level up in Pokémon GO to share with friends? Soon, you’ll be able to do just that—without screenshotting! The level-up social share feature will be coming in February to Trainers worldwide.
And last but not least, you’ll soon be able to transfer Legendary and Mythical Pokémon when selecting multiple Pokémon by enabling the functionality in the game settings. We hope this will make managing Pokémon storage a bit easier for those of you who have amassed especially large collections!
Source: Pokémon GO Blog
There is a lot of Pokémon to catch, Raids to take down, and Shadow Pokémon to rescue, so feel free to use this guide as many times as you need to make sure you don’t miss any of the events taking place to month.
See you around, Genesect!