Pokemon took some of the spotlight at today’s Nintendo Direct at E3!
There was plenty of Pokemon related items from Let’s Go to Smash! So lets take a look at all that was revealed!
Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee
A few more details came out involving Let’s Go that range from the Pokeball Plus and game mechanics. Below are some of the details.
Pokeball Plus and Mew
Those who purchase a Pokeball Plus will be able to get Mew in their Let’s Go game. Mew will be inside the Pokeball Plus and can be transfer to their new Let’s Go game.
This Mew will be in all Pokeball Plus. It was also reveal that you can purchase a special Let’s Go package that will include a Pokeball Plus with the game. These will also have Mew inside them as well.
Also concerning Mew, any Mew caught in Pokemon GO can’t be transfer into a Let’s Go game.
Let’s Go Features
A few more features from Let’s Go was also revealed today. Some of these features include the GO Park, special training and communication features. Below are more details for each feature.
- GO Park—GO Park is enabled as a player progresses further in the game and will help players befriend Pokémon from Pokémon GO in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! This feature allows for Pokémon from Pokémon GO originally discovered in the Kanto region to be transferred to Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! These Pokémon will then need to be caught with a Poké Ball. The player can interact with them in a whole new way in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
- Candy Jar—Players can use a variety of Candies to strengthen their Pokémon in a training system introduced in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! Later in the game, players will be able to send their Pokémon to Professor Oak to receive these Candies.
- Link Trading and Battles—Players will be able to trade and engage in Single and Double Battles with other players online and via local wireless communication. Trading and battling online will require an active Nintendo Switch Online membership, a paid service launching this September.
During the Treehouse event, there was a few new reveals involving Let’s Go.
Below are the new details about Pokemon Let’s Go.
- Razz Berries will be an item in the game. This item will work similar to Pokemon GO where they will be used to make it easier to capture Pokemon.
- All Pokemon in your party will gain experience from a capture. You will get certain bonus based on the type of capture.
- Pikachu will learn Double Kick upon reaching Level 9. This will help when you battle against Brock.
- CP in Let’s Go work similar to Pokemon GO.
- A new rival named Trace will be in Let’s Go.
- If you wish to enter Pewter City Gym then you will need a Water or Grass type Pokemon in your party.
- The higher the CP in Pokemon GO will indicate the level of the Pokemon when transferred into Let’s Go.
Videos for Let’s Go
Several online news sources were able to get footage of Let’s Go in action. Below are videos from Serebii and Pokeshopper.
Joe from Serebii was able to get video from the demo. This video features the player navigating Viridian Forest.
Below is a video from PokeShopper. This video shows the interior of a Pokemon Center.
— Pokéshopper.com (@Pokeshopper) June 12, 2018
Pokemon in Smash
The main focus for today’s Nintendo Direct was Super Smash Bros Ultimate. The new Smash Bros game will be the ulimate experience and will include all past characters that was in previous Smash Bros games. That includes all of the old Pokemon fighters. We will see the return of the following Pokemon fighters: Greninja, Lucario, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer, Pikachu and Pichu.
One interesting tidbit about Pokemon in Smash Bros Ultimate are the costumes for certain character. In this case, we are referring to Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer.
Pikachu in Smash Bros Ultimate could be a female depending on which costume you choose. So far it has been confirmed that you will be able to battle as a female Pikachu if you choose the Female Alolan Hat Pikachu and Pikachu Libre costume.
One of Pokemon Trainer’s costume choices will be the playble female character from FireRed & LeafGreen, “Leaf”. An image of this character from Smash Bros Ultimate can be seen above. It was also confirm that the stamina mechanic and drawbacks from Smash Bros Brawl for the Pokemon Trainer’s Pokemon will not be included in this game. That means that you can play with Charizard as much as you want in a match.
Some of the new Pokemon from Pokeballs are the following: Bewear, Solgaleo, Lunala, Alolan Vulpix, and Alolan Raichu.
Lastly, the Saffron City stage from Super Smash Bros will be in Smash Bros Ultimate.
Smash Bros Ultimate will be release on December 7th.
I hope you are excited for Pokemon Let’s Go and Smash Bros Ultimate! It looks like we are in for an ultimate time for the last six months of this year.