Time to fall into some research updates in Pokemon GO!
Expect to be busy when you play Pokemon GO in September! That is because there will be plenty of new things to do from researching Victini, battling different Legendary Pokemon, Research Breakthroughs and more!
Victini Special Research! Investigate a Mysterious Energy
There will be a Special Research for everybody around the world involving Victini. Trainers around the world can expect to see this new Special Research towards the end of September. You will be helping Professor Willow uncover the mystery of Victini in “Investigate a Mysterious Energy” special research.
It sounds as if this Special Research will be different to the Victini related Special Research that was given to players during Pokemon GO Fest. Though, players who finished that Special Research will be rewarded with Victini Candy upon completing Investigate a Mysterious Energy.
Month of Different Legendary Pokemon!
Expect to see one Legendary Pokemon after another during the month of September. That is because each week we will see a different Legendary Pokemon in Five Star Raids. Below is the rotation of Legendary Pokemon to see in September.
- From Friday, August 21, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, September 10, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Heatran will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Thursday, September 10, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, September 18, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Cresselia will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Friday, September 18, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, September 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Articuno will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Friday, September 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Zapdos will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
Expect Wednesday’s Legendary Raid Hour to reflect the Legendary Pokemon that is being featured that week.
September’s Research Breakthrough
Starting on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020, at 1PM to Thursday, October 1st, 2020, at 1PM, you can expect Alolan Raichu to be coming out of the Research Breakthrough box! This Mouse Pokemon will be surfing around at the end of your seven day Research. If you are lucky then maybe you can get a Shiny Alolan Raichu.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
If you want to see some Pokemon in the spotlight then you are in luck! The Tuesday Spotlight Hours Pokemon have been announced!
- Tuesday, September 1st, 2020: Eevee will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 8h, 2020: Houndour will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 15th, 2020: Tentacool will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 22nd, 2020: Spearow will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 29th, 2020: Skitty will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
Some of the noteworthy Pokemon you want to make sure to catch will be Eevee, Houndour, Tentacool and Skitty. Those four Pokemon all have Shiny variants that you can find in the wild. Though, I would highly suggest you plan to play to catch plenty of Eevee. The extra experience for catching Pokemon is pretty good. Though, if you catching a Shiny Eevee then you can hold on to it to evolve it later into a Shiny Sylveon. The cool blue and pink from Shiny Sylveon is pretty nice.
GO Battle Night
GO Battle Night is a new event that is being featured in Pokemon GO. The idea behind GO Battle Night is to earn extra Stardust from winning battles, completing sets of battles and ranking up in the GO Battle League. Also, you can play up to twenty sets of battles compare to the normal five sets of battles. That means you can play up to hundred battles!
The first GO Battle Night will be on September 24th from 6PM to 11:59PM.
Team Rocket is Blasting Off Again!
By Team Rocket, we mean Jessie and James. This devious duo is planning to leave Pokemon GO on September 30th. If you see a Meowth Balloon in the air then make sure to click on it! This pair will give you two Rocket Radars! Though you better hurry up! They will blast off by the end of September.
Don’t forget! Mega Evolution is coming to Pokemon GO today! Make sure to battle in Mega Raid Battles and have fun Mega Evolving and catching!