garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Wireless Devices

In this day and age, many everyday devices we own have wireless versions. Keyboards, mice, headphones, speakers; they all have a cordless version.

Do you use any wireless devices? Why do/don't you?

I am cool with wireless devices as long as they have two features:
    - They're not battery-powered; can be charged. I have a portable charger, so there's no reason to have batteries dying over and over.
    - They automatically power down when not being used. I often forget to power them down, which makes them die when I go to use them.

That being said, I use wired devices more than wireless devices, mainly because my PC does not have built in Bluetooth and doesn't have many USB ports. I hope to get a hub at some point.

However, I am looking to get wireless earbuds, because I often listen to music while doing chores, or really anything. Then I'll have no reason to take my earbuds off! :D

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I tend to avoid wireless stuff like the plague. The main thing I do on my computer is play video games, and when I had a wireless keyboard and mouse, they ALWAYS died when I was in the middle of a game. And it wasn't like, I just forgot to charge them, they ran on actual batteries, so I wasn't going to just throw them away and put in new ones every couple of weeks.

But if it is rechargable, that's actually not so bad. You just made me want wireless earbuds, since I am literally always listening to music and that might be more convenient.

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, but both of them need batteries. Luckily they last months though, so it's not as bad as it could be!

my mouse is wireless but even though it runs on batteries the battery life is incredible, its always like half a year before the battery needs changing, so its not a big deal :3 i really prefer wireless stuff personally so long as the battery lasts a while. no cords to get tangled or get in the way, and it just feels less restricted and cumbersome

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    I have a wireless mouse but I've lost it because I am an unorganised mess. I tend to prefer wired stuff due to being said unorganised mess. Sure the wires can be a bit annoying, but at least they don't get lost as easily!!!

Most things I have are wired, including everything on my computer. I prefer that. But I prefer wireless controllers for my gaming consoles. Although I haven't had a wireless PS3 controller in years, so I have to get up and manually turn the PS3 on. I know. I hear you all shedding tears for me already.

Can't stand battery life, either.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I don't like wireless things unless they're actually necessary. I find batteries are more annoying than having a simple wire! I'd rather have game/computer controllers that plug in any day! The Wii controllers needing batteries annoy me enough. xD But that's about the only thing I find fair enough, since you have to move them around a lot so wires wouldn't actually work. Most other stuff seems like it's done that way just to be fancy. :P
    GCEA

Molly, you're so adorable! Otter Mii-kun's Avatar
    Unlike most of the general public, I prefer wired devices, even in this day and age where wireless is being promoted as "superior". Not only do I not like the idea of having to constantly recharge important items such as keyboards, mice, and speakers, but I consider wired connections to be more reliable overall. Even with computer networking, I prefer wired Ethernet over Wi-Fi.