Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom Teeth

Wisdom Teeth

Have your wisdom teeth shown themselves yet? If so, what happened? If not, do you know anyone whose wisdom teeth have come through?

Right now I have one emerging from my gum. It's like... 1/3 of the way through. I think it's actually in a great spot so hopefully it's not going to interfere with my other teeth. I haven't heard from the other three; I sent letters but they're probably still in hibernation. I really do hope I won't have to get them removed because that's a few grand out the window! And it'll be cool to have more teeth. c: but longer teeth brushing time noooo

2. This post has been liked by:

Fate 

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

UGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGH!!!!!

I HATE THESE THINGS!!

I just had them removed this past April, I'm not sure if I stated that on here or not but I was very VERY ornery afterwards and kept demanding pepsis but they would only give me Sprites.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I have my top two wisdom teeth. One of them hurts sometimes but I don't wanna get them taken out because it's scary. xD So I'll just until it becomes unbearable.

Stupid wisdom teeth! Whose idea was this anyway!!!!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I have my top two wisdom teeth. One of them hurts sometimes but I don't wanna get them taken out because it's scary. xD So I'll just until it becomes unbearable.

Stupid wisdom teeth! Whose idea was this anyway!!!!
    It's not that bad, just expensive. You bleed and drool a lot the first few days and it hurts some but how long it hurts for varies per person. I was in pain and couldn't eat solids for almost two weeks, but another friend of mine was fine in a few days.
    / / / / / / / /

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Alphys View Post
    It's not that bad, just expensive. You bleed and drool a lot the first few days and it hurts some but how long it hurts for varies per person. I was in pain and couldn't eat solids for almost two weeks, but another friend of mine was fine in a few days.
    Yeah I've heard it varies and it's not that bad for most people. I don't really mind afterward but I am terrified of hospitals/surgery etc. so the anxiety beforehand would be what's unbearable for me. xD I have just been flossing and brushing my teeth as well as possible hoping I can just keep the wisdom teeth. ;_;
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah I've heard it varies and it's not that bad for most people. I don't really mind afterward but I am terrified of hospitals/surgery etc. so the anxiety beforehand would be what's unbearable for me. xD I have just been flossing and brushing my teeth as well as possible hoping I can just keep the wisdom teeth. ;_;
    Oh it's the surgery you're worried about. Oh that's not an issue. I don't know about Australia but I can remember they were talking to me about something and I felt a prick in my arm and then the next thing I knew I was waking up in a rehab chair. Nothing to worry about there.
    / / / / / / / /

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    Mine have all come through and gone back into the gum about 4 times now! Luckily I had 4 teeth taken out when I was younger, so there's enough room for them and they shouldn't be any trouble. Having those teeth extracted was hilarious purely because of the anaethetic's effects xD

My mouth was too small for my wisdom teeth so I had to get those suckers cut out as soon as they started showing up on the xrays at the dentist's. :P Not a fun procedure / recovery, but not The worst by far.

Though ever since then, I have like gaps between the very back / underside of my bottom molars so food gets stuck there often. I've gotten used to having to dig stuff out from back there but its still a pain lol

And yeah what Sloane said, basically! You go to the dental surgeon and they put you in a dental chair and you're out; next thing you know you're waking up in a different chair with gauze jammed in your cheeks hahah

It's NOTHING like a tonsillectomy, for instance. They didn't do any prep work or anything for me that I remember like they did with the surgery before that. That tonsillectomy was hell btw...ugh. BUT HEY I GOT TO PLAY POKEMON CONQUEST A LOT!! :D

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Yeah, I got mine removed last year when I was 17. I got lucky; literally had no pain the whole week, just massive cheeks. :P

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I had all four of mine remove when I was about 18. It was a few days of pure bloody (literally) hell, but after, it was all good.

Sure don't miss 'em, that's for sure. They were coming in sideways! Why the fudge does stuff like that happen?