Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Words You Just Can't Ever Spell Right

Okay, I admit it - sometimes there's words I just can never seem to spell right. I'm also a really good speller, too! And I know that this has to happen to others! What are some words that you can just NEVER spell? Like, not the general typing mistake, but words you just...can't ever spell, dang it!

For me, it's convenient. I always spell it 'convinient.' >:( I also tend to mess up Magearna and type 'Magerna' by accident, even though I know how to spell it. Always leave out the 'a' because I feel like I gotta type so dang fast...

What are some words that you can just never spell right?!

|||||||||

I can never remember how to spell occasionally. Keep forgetting if it's two C's or two S's. (Actually spelled it wrong in this sentence and corrected it.)

3. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    I can never remember how to spell occasionally. Keep forgetting if it's two C's or two S's. (Actually spelled it wrong in this sentence and corrected it.)
    Omg occasionally is one I used to never spell right!! But now I've gotten the hang of it. Conevinient is a word I can never spell right, even though I've been unable to spell it since I was an embryo. I should know how to spell it by this point...And I know I spelled it wrong, but I'm not gonna correct it so you can all see how bad I am at spelling it.

|||||||||

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Equivalent. I don't get why I can't get this one down packed. Usually it's because I replace the A with another I, so boom, viola, a squiggly red line!

Like Corey, "convenient" is one I also have trouble with. How ironic.

As a kid, trying to spell Wednesday was a nightmare because it doesn't look the way it sounds. Anniversary was also a problem, and I used to get "anniversary" and "adversary" confused because they looked similar. :P

6. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I can never remember how to spell definitely. Even just, I had to look it up first.
    Also, though I know how to spell it, when I tyoe, I alway seem to miss out the H in through. I'll just write a post, then go back an add all the H's I missed out. :P

8. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Oh lord, I can only spell Wednesday because my 1st grade teacher told us that saying it as "Wed-ness-day" really helped. And February is also pretty strange, even though I know how to spell it. I always say "Feh-brew-ary" in my head every time I see it! Who the heck came up with that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    tyoe
    ;)

|||||||||

10. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Oh lord, I can only spell Wednesday because my 1st grade teacher told us that saying it as "Wed-ness-day" really helped. And February is also pretty strange, even though I know how to spell it. I always say "Feh-brew-ary" in my head every time I see it! Who the heck came up with that?!

;)
    Now the big question is, do I fix it, or leave it that way for the irony of it. :p

12. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Ho’i Hou Ke Aloha – (Let us fall in love all over again.) MuffinLad's Avatar
    I sometimes forget to spell my middle name correctly, though it is not an "english" name.
    Unlike the rest of my name is.

Always hard to spell those words entrusted by your parents.

Currently listening to: Black Crown Initiate
    Origin(s): United States of America
    Genre: Progressive Metal

Endless Funeral March

-------------------------------------------
    <3------------<3-------------<3------------<3
    ---------------------------------------------

because English is STUPID and has way too many words that are STUPIDLY HARD i mess up quite a few pretty often. and i am upset about it.
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I always spell marriage wrong if I'm not paying special attention to it. "Marraige" just looks more right to me. xD

I used to spell definitely ("definately") wrong all the time but now I just remember it has the word "finite". Same with separately ("seperately"), I remember it has "par" in it like a golf course. :P Lightning ("lightening") is another one.
    GCEA