Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    I'll tell everyone now it's not worth getting. This game is awful. D: There is absolutely nothing at all where I work or live. And the design/interface sucks.
    Yeah, I sort of don't know what the hype is about. xD Plus it involves exercise... e_e lol. Well even if it's nighttime and you're sitting here, barely any pokemon appear and even then, your experience climbs slower than a snail, plus it's the same pokemon over and over (P.S. Whyyy only the first 150 pokemon???). Like, it's fun if you go on an outing and find a bunch of pokestops, but it's more fun if you just use a car instead of having to wait like 20 minutes between stops (which you get like 3 poke balls from and that's it...), but then you drive too fast to catch any pokemon! Unless you're super fast. Also you'll want a passenger to play the game, obviously, because you can't play and drive. xD So yeah, I don't know...it's not as much fun as it could have been. And I agree about the interface not being the best.

Now that I've played the game some, I want to disagree with some things said here.

1. Exercise. Yeah, that's kinda the point. The game wants you to get out and walk around. Stupid how no Pokemon show if you're in a rural area, but they're everywhere in more populated areas. If anything, you'd think the opposite.

2. Experience. Actually progresses quickly, you just have to catch a lot of Pokemon. I've caught 50, evolved 2, and I'm at level 6.

3. Pokemon limitations. They wanted to do this to bring the old fans back in; that's what they say, anyway. The real reason I speculate is because this damned game has been released as a full game when it's so OBVIOUSLY unfinished. They probably wanted to use the originals to test the program out, and add more once the game is more ironed out. Much easier to work with less code. Also, different Pokemon appear as your trainer level increases. More rare ones, anyway. And they always cycle every so often, too. Don't like the Pokemon nearby? Wait like an hour or half an hour. Looks like the Pokemon do move around every so often too. Don't like the lack of geographical inaccuracy though...for instance, I don't like seeing Horsea right in the middle of the street.

4. Pokestops. Churches are your best bet here, cause there's lots. Also, you get more goods if you visit more well known landmarks. You do have a chance to get other items, too. I've gotten an incubator and 2 eggs already from insignificant Pokestops. Also, the game starts you with like 70 pokeball and they add up quick. Ps: take over a gym to get free coins

I really dislike how it makes you guess where the pokemon is. Rustling leaves ARE NOT a good indicator. At all. It should point you in the right direction once you get to be one footstep away from the Pokemon and highlight it

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

3. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Yeah, I sort of don't know what the hype is about. xD Plus it involves exercise... e_e lol. Well even if it's nighttime and you're sitting here, barely any pokemon appear and even then, your experience climbs slower than a snail, plus it's the same pokemon over and over (P.S. Whyyy only the first 150 pokemon???). Like, it's fun if you go on an outing and find a bunch of pokestops, but it's more fun if you just use a car instead of having to wait like 20 minutes between stops (which you get like 3 poke balls from and that's it...), but then you drive too fast to catch any pokemon! Unless you're super fast. Also you'll want a passenger to play the game, obviously, because you can't play and drive. xD So yeah, I don't know...it's not as much fun as it could have been. And I agree about the interface not being the best.
    Me neither. It's like half the people say it's great and the other half just hate it. I'm in the latter cause the only way for me to get Pokemon is to drive toward the city and LOLNO THAT'S NOT HAPPENING. People living in populated areas would like it fine, though, I imagine. I still haven't even been to a Pokestop or anything. Cause there are none here! ;o; And I can't drive and use my phone at the same time since that's an accident waiting to happen (not to mention I'd get a fine).

One thing that Speedy said, that really annoyed me, was the fact that there's no indication of exactly WHERE the Pokemon is. Like, I expected to click on the icon of the Pokemon and make me turn to face a general direction, and maybe let out a couple of beeps to let me know how far away it is. This game seems like it's only half finished. I mean who wouldn't have thought of including that feature?

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah apparently in the beta it actually told you the distance you were away from the Pokemon rather than just footprints. Would be so much better. I fail at tracking anything. xD I just have to be lucky to run into it.
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah apparently in the beta it actually told you the distance you were away from the Pokemon rather than just footprints. Would be so much better. I fail at tracking anything. xD I just have to be lucky to run into it.
    Whaaaat? WHY DID THEY REMOVE THAT. THAT'S SO STUPID.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Whaaaat? WHY DID THEY REMOVE THAT. THAT'S SO STUPID.
    Dunno, maybe they didn't want people to be able to find them so easily? No idea xD It sucks though!
    GCEA

Dunno, maybe they didn't want people to be able to find them so easily? No idea xD It sucks though!
    I just read somewhere that the reason that Niantic did this was because it's much easier to give a relative reading than an exact number the gps has to keep track of. The former is easier for them and I guess leads to less inaccurate readings, which makes sense.

------------

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Oh that does make sense. It would be cool if you could sometimes see Pokemon in the distance though, so you at least knew where to go if you wanted to get that one. Would be good for people without much stuff around! It would also be cool if they had an arrow and said how far the closest pokestop is for the same reason!
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

Oh that does make sense. It would be cool if you could sometimes see Pokemon in the distance though, so you at least knew where to go if you wanted to get that one. Would be good for people without much stuff around! It would also be cool if they had an arrow and said how far the closest pokestop is for the same reason!
    The Pokestop idea would be nice, but you CAN see them from pretty far away xD

What they need is a map system so that I can see where stops are. Like they did in Ingress.

------------

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    It's still not out in the UK :( My sister made a fake New Zealand Apple account but won't give me the details so I can't download it sob

There's a PokeStop in the middle of the park near our house for some reason! It's attached to a basketball hoop which is absolutely hilarious. The ones round here are weird like that (pubs, park benches, post boxes...)